They say, "time heals all wounds".
I am not so sure if I can beleive that statement or not. I still feel the loss of my Granfather as though it was yesterday. I still fight the tears when I see my ex-boyfriend so happy with his new girl friend and think, "Why wasn't I enough?".
I came across some pictures this last weekend, (I personally amd blaming this effing head cold), and thought did I, or can I ever really say that "time" has healed my wounds? I am still bitter toward some of the ex's of my past. I am still chasing for the "happily ever after" of the fairy tale worlds. Does it "hurt" less and less with each day? Sometimes.
There were days that I didn't want to go on. I didn't want to be without SOMEONE to share all that I have been given. Yet, I was still able to drag my ragged beaten down heart to the water cooler for the daily flogging. Shaking my head, I somehow managaged to glue my broken and shattered heart back together, like a third grade Humpty Dumpy project.
So then, why, with the sight of a picture, the scent of a flower, and even the very touch of another human, I am able to feel the flood of pain, the tears so close to the surface. OH the wicked, wicked tears and thoughts, that I have allowed to move to the forethoughts of my brain.
Please indulge me, this, my cleansing. As part of my healing I have created the following:(this is to ALL the jacka$$es that took a part of me with them. This is me taking it back!)
Thank you for leaving me. If you hadn't I would be in a mentally abusive realtionship and most likely never found the strength and courage I have today.
Thank you for telling me that I was too fat. If you had told me that I am beautiful, without condition, I would have never let you leave me.
Thank you for forgetting to tell me that you were still married. Had I not talked to your wife, I would never have been able to see what a sack of dokey crap you are.
Thank you for selling all my credit and cash. I know that I don't need material things to make me happy and that as easily as I get them, they can all be gone.
Thank you for loving me even if you were not "in love" with me. Now I can tell the difference between love and lust. I can identify genuine affection. With out it I would not be able to tell who is just full of shit and trying to get laid.
Thank you for being too busy. Without creating my own life, I would still be whinning and pinning for a man who is not emotionally avalable to date, let alone have a realtionship with. I would have left all my friends to be with an empty void.
Thank you for freaking out about saying we are exclusive. Without that I would have thought that I could be a part of a future together. Even as damaged as you can be, that your issues are far greater and deeper than what I want to deal with. That is unless you would like to pay me $300 per hour. I can always use the money.
Thank you bloggers for listening to my woe. So does time heal all wounds? What are your thoughts?


19 Left me pearls of wisdom:
time gives us perspective which can make us look at things differently it is a blessing and a curse
What a though provoking post... It's like a "dear you" but even deeper. And I loved the line about the third grade Hunpty Dumpty project! That is so exactly how I feel sometimes!!
I know a lot of my wounds really have healed over and I don't even feel them anymore, but some stuff sticks with me. I think a lot of times it's better to not forget because it reminds you of how far you've come.
You're such an awesome chick, Bambi!
:)
--snow
Christina: A blessing and a curse...kind of like Menses and Menopause??? *giggles*
Snow: You rawk! Thank you for letting me know there are others that feel this same way...Or sorry. ~shakes head~
I have really been feeling very introspective lately!
PS Post cards are in the mail TODAY!!! WHOOO HOOOOO!
A great post Bambi! I'm sorry you had to rifle through such a huge hoard of douchebags ...
Time does not heal wounds, but it does make you wiser. That's what I believe ...
the way i look at it, i obsess about things less over time. nothing really gets healed or fixed, but my brain might let me forget about a few things eventually. sorry, that wasn't very positive, was it?
thank you for being so honest about your emotions and sharing this post with us.
HUGS
tc
I think that love fades rather fast. It's the bitterness and betrayal that lingers.Lovely post. Just put it down to he was the practice to work out the bugs for when you meet the one. :)
If you had no wounds, you'd be borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring.
Reason for everything, that which doesn't kill us, yada yada yada.
Birthday coming, right my fellow Libra? I get this way too around the bday. :-)
I know it's a cliche, but he SOOOOOO wasn't worthy of you. Really, hon, you are an awesome woman; any man with a brain in his head would be damn lucky to have you.
Birthday? *perk* Mine's Oct. 17th. When's yours?? There's a drink with our name on it. You in??
Time does not heal all wounds but it does give us the opportunity to look back at what has happened with a fresh perspective. To accept the responsibility we had and to forgive those who have hurt us.
Time helps us be a better person.
Snow - That is so true. I realized long ago that when I forgave someone for hurting me, it wasn't to their benefit, it was MINE. I was the one who felt cleansed and released. They no longer had the power to hurt me.
YODA: ahhh YES, WISDOM....
MiniJonB: I am a Libra, we NEVER stop obsessing about anything. LOL ;D I have conversations over and over until NEXT time I am in that senario I say the EXACT RIGHT thing.
It's a sickness.
TopCat: As long as it's not over sharing! *giggles*
Honest to Gawd My feelings don't seem "real" until I write about it.
UberMouth: Welcome! OH this is addressed to a combination of men! LOL ;o)
IAI: DAMN woman! I am that predictable! LOL ;o) Yep I am getting all floopy...Damn I need to get laid! *giggles*
Jim: You are the kindest Man I know! Someday you will move to Phx!
Wenchy: Sept 30. Drinks for everyone!
~tips back Xantini~
Mama: I don't want to be better...I just want to be HAPPY!!!!
LOL :D
I want my cake and eat it too.
Superstar - sometimes you need reminders of the bad times, so you don't long for them anymore ... don't know if this makes sense or not. You're in a good place now ... good things will happen.
Always smart to step back and see the lesson in even the most painful things!
Hey, now that I'm using Firefox, I can access your blog without errors. Yay!
Man, sounds like you've dated some choice men. Aren't we just delightful?
Seriously, though, good post. I should do this with my ex-girlfriends. That would be a blast.
LBB - Men? All that drama was from just one guy....
KIDDING!
Paul: YOu are so very, very kind!
LBB: YEAH!!! Now I get to have you visit more often! WHOOO HOOO!
Aren't you married? Happily? OH that's right, men are never happy right?!?!? *giggles*
Mama: LOL ;o) Ironically, I similar issues w/ several men...HMMM same name, same issue?!?!?! ~shrugs~ Live and learn right?
Jenny: What was I saying again?!?!?
*giggles*
~distracted~
Oh hey look, shiny things and a Xantini!
~runs off~
Time doesn't really heal. It just makes you not give a crap.
Post a Comment