BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Movie/book review


I am reading this book for the first time EVER!!! OMG This book made me laugh and cry. I finished the book last night and let me just say*sniff* *sniff* DO NOT
REPEAT
DO NOT read without a box of tissues.
I am even more excited about the wonderful activites that I get to do. Tomorrow we are making "Puppy Chow" for the kids. NO....Relax!!!!
~waves hands~
Calm down there over zealous parent!
~makes shhhh w/ hand to lips~
OK it's a combo of Chex mix, peanut butter ~shivers~, chocolate chips and butter...OH yeah! That is the "mix" I want WHOOO HOOOO!!!
So anyone else read this? I can't wait to watch the movie!!!
***********UPDATE*************
I watched the movie and I must say that I am really disappointed. I know most people say that about adaptations, hense that is why they are "adapations" Still...*sigh*
I did the "puppy chow" mix with my students today and got them all HIGH on sugar! WHOOO HOOO!!!
here is the recipe for all you that need some "choco" sugar highs!
Puppy Chow
1 cup Chocolate chips
8 cups Chex mix Cereal (I use 1/2 Corn and 1/2 Rice)
1 cup of Peanut butter
4 cups Powdered Sugar
1 cube butter
Melt butter, chocolate chips, peanut butter together. Pour over chex in a large bowl (I added white chocolate chips to final mix, nuts too!) then shake in the powder sugar while mixing. The recipe suggests that you use a brown bag, but I did it all in the big mixing bowl.
have a great weekend.

14 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Los said...

I'm not sure I'm capable of reading a book that would make me cry ... now, watching romantic comedies is a different story ...

WanderingGirl said...

Holy shitballs, don't ever mention that book again. I get teary just thinking about it. Don't ever read Marley & Me, either. Terrible.

Unknown said...

Never read it...don't really like sappy books much...but sappy movies...I am all tears!

Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said...

I remember reading it in school and bawling. What's next, Super? Memories of Old Yeller?

jali said...

I'm thrilled to get a heads up on something I need to read. Thanks!

Mama en Fuego said...

I don't want to sound like a negative nelly but beware the peanut butter. Make sure none of your kids have a peanut allergy.

I never did read that book. My favorite book as a kid was Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell, I still have the copy I had as a kid. Love that book and it's at about the same reading level as Red Fern.

Try it, you'll like it. A movie was made based on it but I read that it was terrible.

minijonb said...

it can't be any worse than the movie i watched last night.

Christina_the_wench said...

I own the book and the movie. *sniff*

Welcome to sap city.I want some of that Puppy Chow.

Superstar said...

Los: Did the tin man take your heart?!?!?! Holy sap city cry baby, I need a tissue over here!!!

Wandering girl!: Hey babe! LOL ;o) I just loved it sooo much!
*sigh*

IAI: LOL ;o) NO! I have a unit on Flicka and Eagon...LOL ;o)

he he he he he...Instead I am going to do the "giver"...That ought to fix thier wagon!

Jenny!: A "must read" 5th grade level, I say a good 3 day book.

jali: Enjoy the choco fix!!!

Mama: HOLY SH*T!!! I totally forgot about that! Well they all seem ok! No crazy reactions..YET!!!
*giggles*
I can just see it though the whole school shut down from a "sugar fix"!!!

MiniJonB: OK what??

Wenchy: I can always count on you!!!!

Flash said...

I've made that puppy chow one before...

Ever make the cats litter box dessert? It's german crumb cake and tootsie rolls.

Must be served in a litter pan and with a pooper scooper.

snowelf said...

Puppy chow is HUGE up here. They sell it at all the fund raisers and craft shows. It's especially yummy when you keep it in the freezer!! :)

--snow

p.s. Flash--I'm sure that is delicious, but the mere thought of it...ew. I just don't even think I could bring myself to eat that!

Jen said...

Puppy chow is good, but it is a mess to make, and then i would end up eating the whole damn lot of it!!! So I don't make it!
Good weekend..........laying in bed b/c I am sick and watching tennis, the only thing that could make it better is rig boy to cuddle up with, but since I can't kiss for another 48 hours, that ain't gonna happen!

Paul Champagne said...

I am thanking you in advance for the extra 2 pounds I am going to add to my butt after trying your "puppy chow". I know I don't actually have to make this concoction but with chocolate and peanut butter and powdered sugar how can I resist?


What ... no marshmellows?

Anonymous said...

I don't do tear jerky movies.):
Me wants to laugh or get horny or both.lol
I certainly hope this sugar concoction is made and eaten right before the kids go home to mommy and daddy. Hahahahahah evil laugh!
tc