BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Stuffed nose and a theory....


I don't know if I just slowed down long enough or if it was just my turn, but I have a cold! Dang it to all heck! I mean, I have been eating my organic wholesome foods, I have been laying off the booze....*sigh*
it's just not fair! NOW I can't breathe with out the use of Sinus cold and flu.
Which leads me to my next issue. Why am I under the "big brother"( as George Orwell said) watch list because I am clearly sick. It should be if you are buying a box of 40+ that you have to reveal all your information. Why for 1 box of 20 so I have to sign as IF it was some highly toxic med?!?!?!?
~waves hands~
Yes, yes, I know the whole Meth head community is the WHOLE reason behind what I call the "sudafed" conspiracy. However, lets evaluate this. ~waves hands, HELLO?!?!? Yes you in the back!~
OK! If we are all so quick to allowing a SIMPLE liberty such as what OTC meds I buy, to be regulated, what ELSE is "big brother " looking into WITHOUT our permission and knowledge?? How about those food cards we all use at the store? It gives us a discount based on a UPC code, which translates to the "big" computer in the HQ telling them how much of an item to RE-order...soooooo what is to say that this "public" information isn't being sent to a government faction??? {{GASPS}} Or worse, what if the stores have already "sold" the list to someone...public or private enterprise WHO is looking into wheather I buy supersized tampons or regular?!?!?! ~Cue creepy music here~ Maybe it's the cold meds or maybe I am just being all floopy and parinod! I see conspiracies! Maybe it's because of 9/11 yesterday, so fresh in my mind....HMMMM
Who else wonders about these lists? How about those food "priceclub" saving cards??!?!
Who else thinks this "electronic" society of ours may be the end of ALL privacy?!?!?!

14 Left me pearls of wisdom:

WanderingGirl said...

When I was living in Oregon (15 months ago) the state gov't passed a law that you couldn't buy OTC meds like that without a prescription from an MD to try to staunch the meth flow. A prescription for an OTC drug. We drove the 15 miles to CA instead.

Anonymous said...

Thanks you just freaked me out..
I've had a couple of people add me to their friends list on Facebook so I thought I'd go over there and see about joining...*hello* have you read the small print and what it says about your privacy information and what they can do with it? NO THANK YOU!!!!!! my friends will have to take me off their list cause I ain't goin there.
Same thing bothered me about youtube, when I registered they wanted my password to my blog so they could imbed any video. I did it and it kept bugging me how they had access to my blog..I quit the next day and created a new password.
It's frightening how much info we willingly give up.

The reason they ask for your driver's license for even 20 is people were going to one store after another and buying them.
The new SUDAFED ingredient doesn't work, if it had worked they would've used it instead of pseudophederine.

Hope you feel better, try some good old fashioned Vicks vapor rub on your neck and chest before going to bed.
tc

Superstar said...

Wandering girl: OR is one of the only state in the Union that allows it's residnent's to grow pot...IT"S legal up to a certain amount...~waves hands~
Like, hello they are too baked to know!
JK

Top Cat: I know...We are all..OH here is password...I am the WORST..I have almos the same password for EVERYTHING!!!
*giggles*

~ducks~
What was that?
Big Brother?!?!?

Yoda said...

Privacy is only a myth now.

Dan said...

I had to sign for a dozen sinus tablets a few months ago! It took so long to get those sinus tablets that I thought allergy season would be over by the time I got them.

In Ink said...

Giving up personal info on here, whether it be to web sites or slimeball bloggers who pretend to be nice and happily married is a fool's game. So sad that there are so many fools in blogland making it a target rich environment for predators.

Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said...

A year and a half ago, GC caught that nasty cold/cough. I went to Target and to get kiddie meds - I had to go see the pharmacist, give out my DL and sign my life away. And then, because I was getting two bottles (one for multi-symptom cold, one for cough - just in case something started in the middle of the night, I had to wait for the head pharmacist to approve the purchase. So, I'm standing there with a snot-covered kid trying to buy Dimetap, for crying out loud, and I hear them say they have to call someone to verify my info. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?
So, I call through that little window and make someone come out. I MasterBadge them and give them the number to GC's pediatrician and tell them they can hand over the meds or they'll be having to go through this little spiel with every person in the store in about five minutes b/c my kid was germing up the place.
If she weren't sick and with me (unavoidable, KAATN was on a wiretap), I would have gone elsewhere.

I mean really - you're standing there with a snotty kid who's hacking up a lung and they want to run a background check on my for kiddie Dimetap?

Bullshit.

Yeah, yeah. Meth, meth, meth. I think they need to give the pharmacists a little more discretion.

/End rant.

As for Big Brother - it's soooooooooo much worse than you know. Go rent Enemy of the State with Will Smith and Gene Hackman. That technology was way dated even when it came out! And yes, it's all true.

But I'll never tell how I know that :-)

jali said...

We've been discussing privacy quite a bit lately - it's a theory some of us remember from the good old days.

Anonymous said...

It's amazzing how everything is noted and kept for other's perusal..not cool....

Anonymous said...

Holy crap. I feel the exact same way about Sudafed. Pisses me off.

Also, you got sick because you laid off the booze, incidentally.

Superstar said...

Yoda: Help me! Give me wisdom!!

Dan: Great hyperbole!

in ink: There are people who actually get away with FAR more than they should...Dateline did a segment on the whole credit card fraud thing...

AMAZING!!!

IAI: MY conspiracy theory could be REAL?!?!?! HOLY SH*TBALLS batman!
~shakes head~
DANG

Jali: Curtains are not a private house made...LOL :D

LBB: YOU TOO!?!?!? ~rolls eyes~ OF course that is why I am sick...I need to keep up my "vodka treatments"! LOL ;o)

Princess: Love your site...Welcome!!!!

Los said...

I look at it this way - if you really want to get high, you'll find something to make you high, no matter how many restrictions are put in place.

snowelf said...

Bambi--you have been on an insightful roll lately!! :) I freakin' hate the whole sudafed thing. I'm with Los, if people want to get high bad enough, they will find any way possible.

hope you feel better soon!!

--snow

Christina_the_wench said...

If the gov't wants to know if I use super or regular tampons, let them do their worst. I bigger things to obsess about.

*middle finger to the Sudafed nazis*