Fellow bloggers, I am very sorry that I write up a huge story about new fish and leave you be for 3 days! *sigh* Truth is I have been knee deep in alligators here at school. Can you believe the kiddos have been in school a full semester?? So next week, I will issue grades, have parent teacher confrences and Evals to reccommend "special needs" testing. (FYI that would be almost ALL of my 45 students).
I keep looking to the sky to see a full moon with the behaviors that I have dealt with in the last couple of weeks. First and last I expected would be from ANOTHER adult teacher! I had 2 new students enrolled that CAME to our school with the Special Education Individual Program SPED/IEP) with them. The SPED (Special Education Develpmental) coordinator of our school doesn't have an "A" game. In fact she is a waste of Title I money. IMHO. I observed her 1:1 time and saw her PLAYING A BOARD GAME with a 7th grader who is STRUGGLING to complete the AMENDED homework, let alone the accomidations being so far below him just so he will show "significant progress". I was livid. That is not the purpose of the story. SO back to my 2 newest enrollments. DAY 3, yesterday, I was called out of my class. I left instructions for the students who were listening to music and focused on the in class artwork project, as our regular teacher was out sick. On my return as I rounded the courner to see my lights being turned on an off, students standing on the chairs, dancing and cutting up. Who should I FIND CAUSING the issues?!?!? YEP My NEW student, along with a vetran student, standing on the chair, flipping the lights on and off. i walked in and remember my pic of the "deer in the headlights?" LOL ;o)
~looks around to see if candid camera or crew of Jackass is here~
I remove the two students WHOM are SOOOO getting suspended, and I call the SPED coordinator. I advise her that her student can not function and was caught standing on the CHAIR in my class, and that SHE needs to take him for 1:1. She tells me I should 1. be more patient and 2. that I need to have other assignments for him to work on. *AHEM* I need to WAIT patiently for the IEP and testing and I SHOULD be able to provide him something to keep him out of trouble??? ~looks around~ Bloggers I don't use the "C" word often, but when I do its for a DAMN good reason! SHE IS A C.U.N.T. There I said it. I feel sooooooo much better. THEN she takes her crappy attitude to the principal, bitching to him THAT SHE HAS TO DO HER FU*KING JOB!!!! The principle who didn't have the WHOLE story then reacts.
How does he react? He tells me that we don't have baby sitting services. I explained so calmly, that I think I had an out of body experience, that, I in NO way think of her or ANYONE in the front office as a "babysitter". The CHILD WAS STANDING ON HIS CHAIR! SO that makes me liable. That makes me the "bad" cop, NOW, the day before this student was STANDING on his chair I saw how seriously frustrated and out of his ability level this all the class work is. SO to try and AVOID the behavior issue. This is because I might as well have put Greek down and asked him to translate. SINCE, I asked for MORE info to accomodate him she was pissy. She demanded that "we need TIME to get the info." *ahem* remember in the begining, I mentioned that they enrolled with the IEP packet?!?!?!? MMMMM oh yeah!
~shakes head~
After that mess was wrapped up, I had a student "magically" get hit in the mouth and two other student declaring the "Not me ghost" responsible. This happened when switching classes so once again, I am called out of the class to DEAL with the "possible assult" *sigh* Can I get some VODKA?!?!?!?! XANEX?!?!?! SOMETHING?!?!?!
In other news: *giggles* Did you guys see that OJ is again in jail and now released??? What a joke. That pathological jackazz needs to seriously become someone's bia*ch in prison! LOL ;o)
OK I have vented, used the "C" word and managed to talk about "the juice" all in one entry...My life is almost complete!
Just kidding!


9 Left me pearls of wisdom:
Why in the hell are the focusing on OJ's girlfriend now? WHo earily looks like Nicole Brown! I don't give a shit about the whole effin deal!
I need some vodka, xanax, and sex!
Bambi Bad Cop ... sounds like a porno.
I remember we had an art teacher in middle school who was unable to really control a class. She was taped to her chair by some students, and the principal walked in ... she was immediately fired.
Ah, the memories.
Vodka, Xanax... the Xantini,my favorite!
Wow, you are truly committed cause if it were left up to me....
I'd tell the kids test ahhh hummmbuggg who needs test really
xantini's for everyone..whoo hoo, it's Friday.
Hope you can get some down time to relax and put all this crap out of your head.
CRANK UP SOME NICKELBACK!!lol
tc
wow....
sounds like you need a cattle prod.
A high voltage cattle prod!
This makes me think back to my school days and wonder what kind of drama my poor teachers went through...wow...
And I don't think it's too much to ask that chick to step up and do her job. If the student is disruptive to the other students and needs help with his behavior one on one and there is someone qualified to do it and getting paid to do it, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask her to help.
Geez!
--snow
Yup
The Juice
The C Word
Venting
Looks like you have everything covered.
Post a Comment