I have had a crazy couple of weeks. I have been approached by my former co-worker to help teach at a night high school. *sigh*
I go back and forth. I really need to get all my back taxes caught up AND Start my college classes that will eventually give me a masters andmy certs for teaching...*sigh*
Pro: Is Mon-Thurs 4:30-10pm
Con: I have to teach Language arts
Pro: It's $100 per day=$400 per week
Con: I will have NO (ZERO) life of my own
Pro: I can get my bills and such back on track in 3 months.
Con: I will get only 5 hours of sleep a night for 3 months.
Pro: I will get experience with HS which is ehat I want to move into teaching
Con: My HS students I get experience with are the LOWEST of low, last chance, 18-19 yr old seniors, possible scary gang affiliated, possible airheads that will NEVER be more than an GED with a prison record...*sigh*
I think for a short term commitment I can do ANYTHING....
So what are your thoughts?


16 Left me pearls of wisdom:
1. That's less than $20 an hour. Damn.
2. Night school is AWFUL. My father used to teach it on the side when I was a kid.
3. I know for a FACT a lot of gang bangers are sentenced to night school as part of probation.
4. Safety is key.
5. Propensity for burnout is massively high.
6. Your body will shut down with that amount of sleep, causing your real job to suffer.
7. It's not a real "high school" experience anyway.
8. Extra money is not always worth it, unless it's a LOT of extra money. KAATN rarely works a PT unless the money makes the extra hours truly impossible to turn down.
9. Language arts? PUKE!
10. What about New Fish? Are you tossing him back?
And oh yeah, I vote NO.
You do what you gotta do! Lean on your friends and family for support and it is only 3 months! I am rooting for ya!
If you scalp starts itching its prbably lice.
Other than that I have no advice.
Mama's back in full snarkiness, I see!
I snark, therefore I am
The pro's total equal out the cons...I guess oyu just have to decide what you want more...
Your life to be put on hold for 3 months...only to have the cash flow to get it back on track.
OR
Well...I think the self sacrifice is worth it.
one starving musician came by to say: Do it. Since you'll have no life you wont spend any money THEN at the end of it all you can go somewhere warm and drink cold drinks out of a coconut.
j.e.
A girls gotta do what she's gotta do...I say go for it...It will be exhausting...but it will feel good ot get your bills on track!
Trust your instincts and run with it...
You need to do whatever best takes care of YOU. I don't mean that in a narcissistic way; if you don't care of yourself, you won't be able to take care of anyone else. Feel free to call me if you ever need to talk.
Wow - I guess if it is only for a short-time, it might be ok, but you need your "me" time to wind down and recharge ... this will be very stressful.
personally, i wouldn't do it. too many negatives and i need my sleep. but if it's what you need to do to pay the bills and get the experience, then go for it and live blog about your times there! fill us in on the details when you sleep with a gang-banger student. j/k
IAI: As Always your insight is so welcome! I would have never thought of some of those "con's" *giggles*
Jen: So you'll still love me if I can't blog?!?! JK
Mama: LOL ;o) Shnark mister-extrodinare!
Flash: What if it was you that I had to put on hold? What if it was you that had to do it? How would you get through it?
JElliot: One musician to another, I wouldn't have time for a band...*sigh*
hmmmmm
Jim: I owuld run out of min and I think you may need to charge me WAY too much per hour to listen! Jesh, I have professionals who don't want to listen! *giggles*
Los: *sigh* So much to figure out
I do stress well.
MiniJonB: I so much food for this blog, that I actually have to table many of my "food" for other days...The cream rises to the top...ALWAYS!!! LOL ;o) I hope I keep it "real"...
I vote no.:)
tc
Eff that. No job is worth a knife in the kidney.
Yeah, but the professionals aren't seriously crushing on you! (Or are they???)
My charge to you: 0 dollars
Value: Priceless
(LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Post a Comment