BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

A date....

Last night I went on a date. **GASPS** A real life, guy, who calls girl and invites her on a date.
~looks around~

I couldn't beleive it myself. It's been so long that I almost forgot what a "gentleman" really was! Here is what happened:

A month ago I was getting off work at the bar, and I made my last stop at a place my friend was hosting Karaoke. I had just enough time to sing and have a drink to wind down, from being the "entertainment" to being me. This fine gentleman asks me to dance, I say "yes" and after he asked for my number. I kindly gave it to him and was not SUPER surprised when I didn't hear from him right away.

OK

Fast forward to last Wednesday night. Pending the news, about the fact, that I will be without a paycheck for 8 weeks, I decided to dust off the glow bag of novelties and sell, sell, sell. While at one of my stops, WHOM should I run into??? That is right, Newest guy. He immediatly appologized for not calling me. I of course played coi...*OH no problem. I am sure you are busy* banter. Well, then he offered to buy me a drink. I politly refused, reminding him that I have "work" in the morning, and I need my beauty rest. I thanked him and said, "if you would like to spend time with me, call me". *smiles and waves* Then, I walked off.

I am here to tell you the next day he called to set up a date. HMMM funny how playing hard to get works! ~smacks head~ DUH!
It's simple uys...Call and I will SCHEDULE a date. Clearly, I like to eat!!!
OK

SOOO

back to the story.
We settle on meeting for Suschi and entertainment after. I suggested on of my favorite "haunts" for the Suschi. ***he is "new" to Phx from Tuscon area via NY so I have a better lay of the land.*** I politly "suggested" menu items and then let him order. ~rolls eyes~ Do you know how exhausting it is to be all nice and charming...nevermind LETTING a man do my talking??? OK but, I am being COI and "playing" by the rules. Remember, I kind of like this one. Being that I had control of the suggestion on where we go and what we do, he asked me if I knew of any jazz clubs. UM no. But, I can look them up and see. He suggests we go to Karaoke and we agreed.

We then went to a Karaoke bar and sang. I ended the date no longer than 4.5 hours. (Rules book 1. girls end the date and Keep them wanting MORE check, check) Tell me what y'all think:

Rating of the date 1 star for ok.....5 for OUTSTANDING... here we go.

1. He paid for my dinner, drinks and such. 1 Star
2. He opened all my doors. 1 Star
3. He asked me to dance, even though there was no dance floor. 1 Star
4. He engaged conversation. We were able to talk about EVERYTHING Politics to nieces crazy babysitting adventures. 1 Star
5. He set up a 2nd date at the end of our date, while he walked me to my car. 1 Star

I am rating Newest guy at a 5 star "Top Shelf" OUTSTANDING date.
OK fellow bloggers, do I go on a 2nd date? or should Newest guy get the brush off???

18 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Jen said...

Hell yea you go on a second date! Have you googled him yet? LOL LOL

Superstar said...

OH I am all about making him wait to the 3-4th date girls!!!
~grabs "the rule" book~

IAI: I didn't do a cavity check, but yeah he is OLD school! ;o)

Mama: The showed up in a suit and paid. Makes me sing sweet nothings in my own ear to keep him wanting...LOL ;o)

Jen: LOL ;o) DAMN girl!
~opens google window~
Good idear...

Anonymous said...

Second date? of course and you better start planning for a 3rd.lol
Sounds like you had fun and he's a gentleman.
Another good sign is the conversation flowed very easily between the two of you.
Congrats on a fine evening.
HUGS
Tc

minijonb said...

are you kidding? a second date is a must!

...and where are the pictures!?! j/k

have fun!

Paul Champagne said...

1) If you want to see him again, then go on a second date

2) If you get hungry and want to eat, go on a second date

3) If you get bored and want to do something ... don't bother him, he sounds like a nice guy

*from the guys book of dating

Christina said...

AWESOME...go out again..hey you never know. Doing the cabbage patch for ya!

WanderingGirl said...

Are you shitting me? You've had the thought of brushing off a 5-star date?

Now who's got anal-cranial inversion?!?!

Bambi, if nothing else, you have to go on date #2 just to prove he's not a fluke.

snowelf said...

Super,

I was on the phone with my friend Kate and we have dubbed this type of guy "Worth a Try Guy". He's got dating down, he's normal, he's well mannered--worth the "investment risk." ;)

I say go for it sistah. If there are going to be issues, they usually show up two to three weeks in, and then you'll know whether they are major or minor and if it's time to either lock in or kick his kiester to the curb.

Can't wait to hear more and I hope this one continues to give you the proper attention and respect you deserve!! :)

--snow

Dan said...

A month ago I was getting off work at the bar

I read that line really fast and left out the "work" part the first time around. :)

Yes! Second date! And third! And fourth! And ... I can't count any further. I haven't had my first cup of coffee yet.

jali said...

Yay! He sounds great.

Christina_the_wench said...

Did he have a third eye or something? WHY would you not go out with him? Is he wanted by the law? Well then he is a 'bad boy', and I'd jump all over that. *ahem*

Anyways, go for it. And we humbly request some frickin' photos this time!

Jim McKee said...

Forget about the rules. Those rules are a bunch of crap anyway.

If you had a nice time with him, then definitely go out with him again.

(I only say this because I know there's no chance you'll ever move to Michigan. Sigh...)

;-]

Sven said...

Second date, definitely. What do you have to lose?

Mama en Fuego said...

Anytime a date doesn't end with the guy wippin it out and asking if you swallow, I'd say it's a good one.

Just telling it like it is said...

Well, I think this one is at least worth a couple of more dates...i mean he could actually carry on a conversation...

Los said...

I heard nothing bad about the date, so I say without hesitation that OF COURSE YOU GO ON THE SECOND DATE!!!!

mollymcmo said...

second date, second date!! bring it on!

m

Superstar said...

Top Cat: OK OK!!!

MinijonB: I am waiting for NG! LOL ;o)

Paul: LOL I swear to you when I was younger, I used to have several suitors, and I honestly would base if I was going out on what I had in my fridge! LOL ;o) TOOOO funny!

Christina: LOL I just had an image of the cabbage patch doll dancing!!! LOL ;o)

Snow: LOL ;o) Isn't funny how when we reach an age and maturity...things just are different?!?!?!? LOL ;o) No kickin just yet!

Dan: Why sir! I freaquently "get off at work"...I sell blinking lights. Getting my cutomers turned on...well, it's all part of the service I provide here!

~shakes head~ Seriously...he has a 2nd in waiting.

Wenchy: I will see what I can do about a photo opp...LOL ;o) ~looks at phone to see how I download to e-mail~

Sven: Hey bud! Will do.

Mama: LOL ;o) You freaking KILL me!

Los: OK OK OK!!! I have a hard time letting go of my "bad programing"...Thank you for the push!!!

Just: Will do read today's post!

Jali: Yes, Ma'AM!

Molly: OK, OK. So I souldn't mention anything about the plural for penis??? JK