I was hangin with Mama en Fuego, yesterday at the pool. AHHHHH fresh "Becks" beer, sun and fun! ~shakes head~ Then we had to break off the party, as I have taxes that need to be done. (~sticks out tongue and pouts~)
AHH the life of a rock star!
Anyway, back to the story, Whilst she was finishing my taxes, I started looking at her collction of pictures. There are so many of her Hawiian pics that need to be made into 1000 piece puzzles. But that is not the point... here is our conversation:
ME: Wow, this pic is BAD AZZ
Mama: *giggles* Oh I took that with a blue filter. *ahem* Bad Azz??
ME: Yeah? Hmmmm, well it is totally is bad azz.
Mama: *giggles* So we are transporting back to the 80's now??
ME:*giggles* WHAT?
Mama: Nevermind~shakes head laughing~
That conversation got me thinking...What other sayings do we have and use everyday that may or may not date us...
I still remember sittin' in the car with my Mom. She picked me up from the airport back in my freshman year of college and she was listening to Metallica!!!!
and
*wait for it*
Singing along. EVERY word!
~shakes head~ WOW!
I have a kewl Mom...OK Anyway *shivers*
Here are a couple of other sayings, that might "date" us:
"Good Gravey"
"Holy cats and dogs Batman"
"What in tarnation???"
"Totally dude"
"OH MY God!"
"Not goin' to do it. Not, wouldnt be prudent"
What are some that you remember?????
Monday, June 25, 2007
Bambi's random thoughts...
Single Suburbian blah blah blah from Superstar at 6:43 AM

22 Left me pearls of wisdom:
this one really dates one..
FAR OUT!
tc
I remember 'Rock on!" making the sign with your hand.
Big hair bands still make me wet. *ahem*
Groovy!
this post was simply Tubular....
I dont know any of those OLD sayings because I'm not that old.
Wench - Did you burn your thumb with the lighter?????
Perhpas it is solely a Canuck thing... but we had
Neato!
Top Cat: I must be in your *ahem* age group then! LOL
Christina: I had "like totally forgot that one!"
Jim: LOL OMG I am getting an image of shagg carpet and "rec-rooms"
Dallas: GOOD ONE!!!
Rain: Not old..but common for your area...something you say or hear said...Come one...be a good sport!
MM: I had a friend from Canada who said: Cool Beans...LOL ;o) Neato man!
wait... the 80's ended?!? when did that happen!?!
=;-)
Aww, all the ones I thought of are already taken!
I think "word" is a little dated, although I still catch myself saying it.
Sike O dilly, your momma eats chilli, bet ya 5 bucks she could knock you silly!
Ok not sure that is spelled correctly, but when I was a kid we said this a lot, not sure why! LOL
I am trying to bring back the 80's as I was too young to trully enjoy them! Psyche...wasn't that one???
MiniJonB: LOL ;-O Do you have a mullet??? LOL *giggles*
Flash: WORD to ya motha...right???
~nods head up and down~ OH YEAH!!!
Jen: I want to comment on your blog...It says I have to be invited?!?!? Me confused. I want to read your stuff too?!?!?!?*sigh*
Silly Willy! OMG!
Jenny!: WHO COULD forget that??!?! OMG ~smacks hand on forhead~
~claps hands~ YEAHHHHH!!!!
I'm just glad I finally broke my habit of saying "Jeepers."
It helped stop me from getting my ass kicked, too.
Super, our biggest thing back in high school was when someone did something we considered scandalous or embarassing, we would say
"That is shaaaaame!"
And in StL, they say "That's so ignorant." when someone is being an ass. I still haven't managed to drop that one.
My current day faves: Nice! and Sweet!
I'm so cool. :P
--snow
how about dyne O mite. Heck I forgot how to spell it. I like to say "Nip it Andy, nip it in the bud"
Dude that was like a totally bitchin' post. Rock the fuck on man. Seriously, I thought it was way excellent. Reminded me of when I was like a little dude and my friend used to always say "Gag me..." followed by some insane verbage like "with a pitch fork and into the next century." Yeah, she was like totally lame.
no... i ain't got no mullet! however, i do still try to cultivate a Flock Of Seagulls hairdo.
Sayings that date us -- when I was a kid we used to say "that's bad" when something was cool.
So you got an extension on your taxes in April? :)
How about:
"Nifty," "Word," "Cool," "Gnarly."
Just a few off the top of my head.
MiniJonB: LOL ;) *snort* well at least you are not a Ryan Seacrest wannaBE!!!!
Los: RIGHT ON!!! *giggles*
Mama: I just knew I could transport you back to the 80's...look Ma no hands! AND FREE I might add! LOL ;o)
Dan: The IRS and I have a long standing "extention" list/need...I have filed extentions every year since 2000...That would be how long my taxes have been a DISASTER....Instead of picking up tax forms at the USPS I get extentions...LOL ;o)
HENSE
Mama's help getting me back on track. I no lookie pretty in Orange jumpers. ORANGE is SOOOO not the new pink!
LOL :o)
~calls Paris to see what cell has the golden toliet~
Beefcake: ~singing~
Jeepers, creepers where'd you get those peepers....
LOL ;o)
Greg: WHere did "nip it in the bud" come from!?!?!? My grand parents and parents said that NON-STOP!!!
Post a Comment