BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Too many or the flu....

I woke up Monday morning got dressed and ready for the day when it hit like a ton of bricks. That is right I started heaving like something out of "the witches of eastwick" Oh. My. God. I had no idea that the human body could have that much food and water in it. Yes, I went out the night before and had 3 drinks. Yes folks, 3 drinks. I normally can drink up to 5-6 for a 5 hour period of going out with little buzzing or drunken craziness. So This HAD to be the flu. Worse yet I ate a breakfast roll and 3 glasses of water and 2 hours later I watched it all over again in the horrible repeat adventure at the toilet. I mean really. What the hell?

Now I am pissed. Is this a hang over and I totally deserve it, or is this really the flu? I gave up trying to figure it out after my 4th go around, (once in the kitchen sink...Yes it hit me that fast that I didn't even have time to get to the bathroom.) praying to the toilet! I honestly have never had a hang over that included puking 14 hours later. So, Perhaps to error on the side of caution, maybe drinking had something to do with it...I think it is more the "start of cold and flu season".

To top things off last night we had 2 inches of rain in less than 1 hour. For those of you who live in a rainy city this is NOTHING...A drop in the bucket. However, Us AZ folks it is "flash flood" and instant panic. Washes start over flowing, Commercials are replaced with New updates on road conditions and stupid drivers think an SUV and a Hummer also have a inboard/outboard motor located on it. LOL ;o) Hence the "stupid motorist" Law that was passed several years ago. My dog Dakota gets a bit freaked out w/ the thunder and lightning. So this is how it all played out.

I am wrapped in a blanket on the sofa, Dakota is barking at the lightning and runs to the bathroom when she hears the thunder. She crawls into the tub and shakes. When She gets little or no attention, she will come out like a bull in a china shop and jump on me as if she were a 20 lbs lap dog, not the 80 lbs dog she is...This goes on for an hour. Finally it stopped. Then this morning I awoke to her SHIVERING on my bed. Seriously shaking so hard that it woke me up! Who needs alarm clocks! Just order the inclimate weather and *POOF* More thunder and Monsoon weather. I just wish I didn't feel so achey. Every muscle in my rib cage feels like some kind of alien tried to crawl out of me. My arms and legs are weak. All I can think of is to get some coffee in me. ~coffee march to the kitchen~

I am going with I had the flu, hang overs do not last this long.

15 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Nikki said...

Super, hope you feel better.

Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said...

Do you have a fever? Then I'd think flu. But the cop in me wants to ask if anyone may have put something in one of your four drinks?

Superstar said...

IAI: I had the same thought yesterday as I was yacking...I wonder if anyone did anything to my "water" I had a horrible headache...which made me wonder if someone put something into my drink...Afterall I stick to the 1-2 per hour rule...
Then again I was shivering and hot at the same time...so I am thinking Flu....

Nikki: Thanks..my ribcage really hurts! like when you laugh or when you clear your throat...ache.

Mama en Fuego said...

Sounds like the flu to me, or a really bad case of food poisoning. I got bad food poisoning from some sushi one time and had a similiar experience.

As for the storm, our lights actually flickered last night. That never happens. And today on the 101 I think I hit a max speed of 45.

Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said...

Sounds like a drink add, seriously. Were you hot before you went to sleep (yeah, yeah ... I know you're hot all the time!)? Seriously, did you feel your body temp rise after your "water"?

Yoda said...

I'd go with what Becka said. I think there was some food poisoning. Did you eat something stale? Like really old chicken wings or something?

Drink lots of fluids, and if possible have a diluted mix of lemon juice, salt and sugar. That does wonders to rehydrate you and also restore the salt imbalance (from puking)

Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said...

Ugh food poisoning. Made the mistake of getting a tuna salad sandwich at Subway once ... to this day, I can't even look at a Subway.

Superstar said...

Dirty, Yoda and IAI: This wasn't like any food poision that I had before...I seriousl think someone put something in my drink. I was only sick till 3pm or so then I started holding down food. Aftedr Idrank the water, I did remember being hotter after I drank water...but then I was shivering right after I visited the toilet....

I couldn't eat Chinese food for the same reason...I got some bad chineese food when I was a kid.

Pendullum said...

Hope you are feeling better...
And what about pukking in the sink????
Yukkkk!!!!!
Hope there were no dirty dishes...
Speedy recovery!

Christina_the_wench said...

*sprays more Lysol* Sounds like more than hangover to me too. Keep that stuff over there *points* but send the rain. We need it!

Get better, girl.

Los said...

My wife had this last Thursday night. She was fine when she got home from work, ate dinner, and then around 9:30, she started complaining about her stomach hurting. Within an hour, she was power-vomiting. I was nautious for a few days last week, but thank god no puke.

Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said...

I think your drink got spiked with something similar to Rohypnol - one of the effects is that it makes the person hotter almost immediately, that way they start shedding clothes. Think someone dosed you?

Mama en Fuego said...

IAI may be right, I don't recall having the sweats after drinking water with my food poisoning. And that's not exactly feverish behavior either.

JT wasn't around was he? Ha ha ha J/K!!!

Superstar said...

I think almost 80% I was drugged. I did not have any of the other symptoms associated w/ food poisoning...like the lower GI issues.
Yep I remember felling like I couldn't get cool enough all night, and in the am I was thinking that my metabolism was in HIGH gear...
THEN THE headache started, the light was painful to my head, and then the craziness of the upper GI "looked like I needed an exosist" puking.....

I do feel better today finally...I can hold food down and breath! LOL ;o)

Art_Fulldodger said...

Puking no matter what the cause of it is the absolutly worst thing on earth. Second are all the things associated with it like the after taste that you can't scrape off of your tongue, your stomach aching from convulsing and the terrible pounding in you brain that paces your heart beat.

Hope you feel better because I'm sick just thinking about it.