BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I had to break it off...


I started "dating" a guy JT a few weeks ago, that he and I have been friends for almost 6 years. He has been a very good friend and I thought that MAYBAE I might be "missing" an opportunity as a single gal. He after all has some fabulous qualities and isn't a freakishly ugly or anything...SO! I went to the wedding in Spokane, and was gone a total of one week. I left on Wednesday and returned to what I call "THE EVENT".

I flew from Spokane to Portland Or. I wanted to see my friend Jen and my Aunt H and her beautiful twin daughters. (I still can't beleive that they will be 17 on the 26th of this month! How time flies!!) So anyway, Tuesday night, I text JT that I will be getting up early to catch the flight home and then "it" starts. 215am I get a text message "I love you so much"..."I am so in love with you" NEXT message 230am.." I know that you know this, I can't wait to tell you to your face!" NEXT Text 315am "Don't be made at me...but I have totally F**ked up"...Then the alarm on my phone when off (which was the only reason I left it on!) at 415am to get ready to go to the airport and fly home. So, I am waiting for my name to be called for the last seat on the plane, and JT calls. I told him that I will have my sister pick me up at the airport and I will call him right back. (when they call your name to get on the flight, you do not dilly dally around) I tried to call him back before take off and I just got voicemail, soI left him a VM about the pick up arrangments.

SO what happened between the time I told him that my sister will get me and the plane landing in PHX? JT shows up at my sisters house, no vehicle. He first wants the keys to MY car (my sister has my spare set to all my stuff...Just in case I need her) Then when she can't find them, he VOLUNTEERS to drive my sisters car to come get me. WTF?!?!?!? Well, HE HAD to be the one to pick me up and so my sister allowed him to get me as she had just put the girls down for a morning nap. Made sence right? Well the rest of the day he barely talked to me and when I asked about his truck, he said that the neighbors had his truck towed and he would have to get it from the impound lot. I said, "why did the neighbors tow your truck?" He said, well, I parked in their spot. Since he had gone out the night before and he was drinking, seemed to be beleivable and all....

So the rest of the day he sat on my sofa, not talking. This is ridiculous. I just spent a week away and he would rather watch TV than talk to me about my trip??? Unbeleivable. Get a hammer!!! Well, I finally said, "what are your planstoday? I am simply exhausted, and since I have to work tonight, I need to get a nap in." I took him home and he didn't call me for the rest of the day. I called him the next morning to see about getting him to his truck. He didn't call back untill 430pm. That is when he told me "I have something serious to tell you"..OK. He said, "Well, I lied to you.(UMMMM WHAT ABOUT????) I really got another ticket for sleeping DRUNK in my truck and they impounded my truck for the min 30 days, and gave me a DUI."
~Gulp~
SO now I am PISSED as just a week an and a half ago I found him trashed behind the wheel SLEEPING and demanded his keys. I was furious w/ him and told him that he is no closer to solving his drunken binge drinking than before his FIRST DUI 4 months ago! *steam off head*

I said, "why on earth did you feel you couldn't tell me the truth? I mean I am not your judge and jury?!? I am disappointed that you obviously didn't learn anything from the last time this happened to you. Thank you for telling me, I do appreciate it. He then said, "well the guilt was killing me". [[' GOOD.]]] He said, He just didn't want me finding out from someone else. (HMMMMPPPFFFTTTTT)


So last night I invited him over, made dinner and said, " we need to talk". He said well I half expected this and I am releived that you are bringing it up".

~excuse me? You are such a pussy that I HAVE TO BE The one to break up????~

I then said, I have been thinking that we make better friends and that this whole dating is feeling "forced" He agreed. I want you to understand that you are not a "knight and shinning armor, that can just write checks to make my problems go away." I call you to vent, about my life gone amuck, not for you to "fix all my problems". He agreed that he "Likes" to fix problems. I told him that he can't fix some things...no matter how much money you have. "SEE" I said, You want to fix all my financial problems so that I will like you and want to be with you. At least that is how I am felling about the money that you "loaned" me. I had to pay it back, so that I didn't feel like some kind of kept woman...I feel like I was using you. He said he wouldn't have offerd if he couldn't do it and he looked as an investment in my business. (Yeah my personal love life business) He meant my glow business.
*silence*

I further told him that I value our friendship and hope that we can be friends. (yes I gave him the "F" word speach! I am such an ass. )

Well fellow bloggers, I am single AGAIN and feeling like I did the best thing for us all...I just don't know WHY I feel like such an azz.....What do you all think?

19 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Zenchick said...

new reader...don't know you at all, but *I* think that you knew this guy had these issues if he had a DUI four months ago(things like that tend to be the tip of the iceberg)--and I think you did the right thing by going back to being friends.

Mama en Fuego said...

Knowing JT, like many alcoholics, he is going to have to hit bottom before he will get control of his drinking problem. What rock bottom is for him, who knows. Maybe it will come down to him losing his kids, or getting in an accident.

Hopefully he'll pull his head out of his ass before he a) ends up in Tent City because of excessive DUI's, b) in prison for manslaughter or c) in the morgue.

Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said...

Did you hear that? Huh? Huh? Did you? That was the IAI screaming at the computer screen all the way from Calcutta, USA.

If you didn't hear it, let me recap it for you:

WHAT THE FUCK?

That's right. WTF. Over and over again. WTF.

The dude needed not only to be dumped, but to be bitchslapped a few times for:

1. annoyingness
2. clinginess
3. pussiness
4. drunken bullshit messages
5. inserting oneself (univited)into another's life
6. annoying wussiness
7. loser-esque qualities (come on - drunk truck sleeping? does he have a wife beater t-shirt and an open can of Schlitz, too?)
8. Vicariously pissing off the IAI
9. Claiming to want to fix problems when the dude is one big problem himself
10. The whole "I love you" sequence of events

So, yeah. What the fuck?

Don't feel like an ass. Well, maybe for NOT adding him to my body pile under quick lime ... sheesh.

Good riddance.

Superstar said...

Zen CHick: Thank you for stopping by. I have another entry about the "intervention" I had w/ JT a few months ago...Yeah I did the right thing.
Dirty: I didn't break up w/ him because he got the DUI...I did it because he LIED to me. What else isn't he telling me if he is going to lie about something like that???? You know?
*sigh*

Superstar said...

IAI:
~shot heard around the globe~
Head hanging down....YOu are so right! OMG. YOu hit everyone of the reasons on the head with little to no info!!! OMG!!!!
Yes Ma'am! I am not feeling so bad anymore. Yes ma'am!

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you let it last this long.

Superstar said...

Smokin: "I am surprised you let it last this long"...That is so true. I am sucha strong woman that I hav NO idea WHAT came over me to not do it sooner...I guess I figured that the trip would give me the "tell tale" signs I needed...Sure enough...

IAI: LOL ;o) You are so smart it is really quit freaky....Scary...BUT sometimes even STONG women make stupid mistakes....GUILTY!!!

Jim McKee said...

What do I think? I think I'll be on the next plane to Phoenix!

(just kidding, but DAMN tempting!)

Los said...

He needs to admit to himself that he is an alcoholic and has a serious problem. If he doesn't truly believe he has a serious problem, he can't be helped. He also has to WANT to be helped. This is a tough spot for you.

Superstar said...

Jim: Ummmm Give me a few weeks. LOL ;o) I am not a good rebound dater!

Dirty: I know. YOu know I know! LOL ;o)
Square peg round hole...Lesson learned. I agree w/ the $$ comment! yEAH IF he has so much damn money, why doesn't he take a cab??? DUH???
~banging head w/ kitchen pots and pans saying STUPID STUPIPD STUPID~

*ouch*

I am going to come up with a list or set of criteria for which the next Mr Right Now will have to meet....AAHHHHHHHH there I go....

Mama en Fuego said...

I think once you create your critera, you should post it here for the world to see...then we can keep you accountable. ;)

Nikki said...

I think you are very smart for bowing out of this relationship like you did.

I hope things get better for this guy...I hope he smartens up.

((((HUGS)))) to you Super.

snowelf said...

Chicka, I am glad you are free. I think he isn't relationship material for anyone in his current state--and especially not good enough for you.
It was a valiant effort and worth a try, but alas, a no-go in the end.

I have a sweetie in StL I can hook you up with if you want! Just lemme know. ;)

Just telling it like it is said...

okay...so 30 I am relentlessly known as the girl with Rose colored glasses..but ummmmm I see you and I think think that you deserve better than this...I say this guy has some serious problems that you my dear can not can not fix...it is almost like the women that I see that say/...he really loves me ..really he does...get out now...listen I have a story for you...

so I am at work...this increibly handsome(rock hard body)...big blue gorgious eyes...guy comes in to the ER...handsome without a boub...he says to me I recently got out of prision...I made a mistake when I was 19 I sold drugs... I wanted to talk to him...but federal offence..how could I???? He was sweet...he was nice...he called me several times at work (scared) but I could not risk it...I am worth more and so are you...sorry if I am being harsh...it is me love fer you...
AMY

jali said...

You are a fabulous superstar and if the guys in your area have any sense at all, you won't be single for long.

Good that you got out before it got any worse.

Anonymous said...

Let me take some stock here...

I'm a guy who isn't much of an outlaw. Heck, I think the most rebellious thing I did in my life was drive to Montreal by myself for a weekend to smoke Cuban cigars legally.

I don't have a lot of money. In fact, this year is probably the first time in my life I actually have managed to start building a savings account.

And I'm not good at lying. I had a very guilty conscience instilled in me at a young age. Which is probably why I wasn't a good rebel because I was afraid of getting caught.

Yet, somehow I managed to get engaged and found a woman who is cool with all of that.

Am I a rarity?

snowelf said...

Actually Steve, I know a lot of guys like you, but they are already snatched up.

I still think almost all of the good ones are taken or gay. :(

Christina_the_wench said...

Ya' did good, super. As shitty as it feels now, you did the right thing. This guy is headed down a road you don't wanna travel.

And IAI scares me, and I made a mental note not to piss her off. ;)

ditzymoi said...

yep ...its better to dump him now

hes got issues and he needs to get some control over his drinking

you feel bad because you have a heart and you dont want to hurt him

thats cuz youre a nice person