BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Hillary and the 19th...


I have to admit that while I have taken on what seems like the impossible, I am enjoying Social Studies classes. This week, we are talking about women's rights, sufferage and Ceaser Chavez.
So, my question is this, 88 years ago, American's passed the 19th Amendment. If we American's had not evolved, giving women the right to vote. Had that not been the case, would a WOMAN be running for president? More importantly, we have TWO minority candidates?
Affermitive action aside, who really would make the better president?!?!?!?! Man or a Woman, Minority VS. Minority??? EEEEEWWWWWW !!!!

8 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Anonymous said...

This opinion might not be popular, but here goes:

Those Christian white fellas did a great job throwing a country together a couple hundred years ago or so.

Why not elect one of THEM?

Christina said...

this question keeps me up at night!

Effortlessly Average said...

You forgot gay vs. straight, Christian vs. Jewish vs. Islamic vs. Pagan, fat vs. thin, handicapped vs. ambulatory, and so many more.

The sad truth is, we humans care less about the JOB the person will do than how much we LIKE the person doing it. And we tend to like people who fit our view of the way the world should be while at the same time demonstrating a grotesque lack of understanding and tolerance for variant points of view. The fact that "debates" and elections are run more from the standpoint of "what my opponent did wrong" seems to bear that out.

Superstar said...

Lbb: Make no never mind that our founding fathers are all dead...but ~waves hands~ They would have a heart attack and DIOE from the crap that our government has created and done. The plan was SOOOO simple. They just wanted a place to be FREE.

Too bad freedom comes at such a great cost!

Christina: Tell ME about it! I a GDI so I can swing the vote...I just keep thinking that Mickey Mouse or even Goofy stand a better chance!

EA: AMEN! I still firmly believe that Fred Thompson could have been the BEST choice to do the BEST JOB for the American people. He has no problem telling those "special interest groups to Shove it where the sun don't shine!!! LOL ;o)

*sigh*

I still think it's a HUGE stride for the Women's movement. Shorter than the slaves?!?!?! 88-100...yeahhhhhhh I know!!!

Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

Can I tell you one time during band camp, i mean, when I was in Primary 4, I was asked to read a passage from a Social Studies textbook. Mind you, I have always aced my oral communication. With great confidence, I read (pronounced) Collyer Quay as Collyer Ku-Way. Was so tormented.

Teacher should give me some slack. BAH!

Los said...

Chances are that the democratic nominee for president will be a minority ... and with all that Bush has done to reduce the popularity of Republicans, it is possible that we may have a president who is either black or a woman ... intriguing.

Honest John said...

One thing Bush didn't affect was the voting fraud and choreographed election results we are facing at the end of this year. As McCain oozes to the top of the Republican Party Nominations and Guilianni seems to have suddenly slid out, promising to endorse McCain as he closes the door behind him, hasn't the end result begun to take shape for us to see? Hillary faces clear competition from Obama, the black muslim democratic candidate. Their battle of race and gender along with Bill's 2¢ at every turn is distracting everyone from the republican agenda of placing Gulianno in the white house. A MCCain/Guilianno ticket where the old man won't survive his term. Guilianno is too green to take it by himself, so McCain will be more believable. Whatever the case...how ever it turns out in the end...black muslim (he swore into office in Illinois on the koran), woman, old man, NYC Mayor...rest assured it was all fixed. Diebold electronic voting machines will make certain of that. MY 2¢...

Honest John said...

...I decided to change Rudy's name. It looks more intimidating with an O at the end instead of an i! Or I just fucked up...one or the other.