BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 04, 2008

Brand NEW Year!


It's a brand new Year! Brand new year people!

I can't beleive that it seems just like yesterday that I was moaning and groaning about the 120 degree weather here. Not to mention, it was, just months ago that I thought by 2008 New Fish and I would be more than co-workers. ~waves hands~ Yeah!
*sigh*
That is all in the past. The best I can do is Move forward. So, what have I done to make 2008 GREAT?!?!?
1. I joined e-harmony. I have not made it past open communication with many, and countlesss others keep "closing" the match. WHY? I have no idea as they keep marking, "OTHER". WTF is "Other"????
Oh well, I will give it a 3 month try and see what develops. My match profile, says that, "I am too good to be true and others often are not able to trust it."....HMMM story of my life.
2. I reset some goals from last year. I didn't make it into a band, but I did manage to guest star a couple of times. Not a failure just, I left it to complete this year!
3. Make a new CD of "cover tunes". I am hoping making some CD's will boost the whole getting discovered....
4. The writers strike was really helpful in my "not watching any NEW series shows on TV" goal. I found watching all my TV shows was the equivalent to a PT job! Even with the commercials in FWD.
5. Keep eating healthy and excersice. I lost 30lbs last year (according to my pnuemonia check up) and WHOOO HOOO!!! Let's make it another 40 this year!!! *giggles* 50 or 60!
6. Pay off the last of my back taxes and debts. This will require some serious frugality on my part. PHEW!
7. Start my cert/Masters program for teaching by Fall term.
($$$$ depending)

The rest will have to be TBA as that is all I feel confident in acheiving this year. Anyone else make any New Year goals or resolutions???

11 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Yoda said...

I hated eharmony precisely because of that reason. WTF is Other?? I hate it when people don't even bother giving a reason ... like there is a reason for "rejecting" someone. That's the worst thing about online dating, you reject people even before giving them a chance and based on some stupid questions. That's not how real life works!

snowelf said...

You can totally tackle this list!!

My only resolution this year is to pay off my debt, so I'm with you on that one! :) I really hope you can get your certs this year--I know that would mean a lot to you to have that.

Okay, now I'm off to finish that meme! :)

--snow

Los said...

Sounds like a pretty extensive list already, Superstar! Like I said before, E-harmony worked for the Rev, you'll be getting some dates that you can blog about shortly!

Superstar said...

Yoda: OMG EXACTLLY!!! I am so with you. I mean, does that mean they can see the third eye in the middle of my fore head?!?!?!

Snow: I can't wait!!! PS Thanks for the winter holiday AKA Chrstmas card!!!

Los: I know! I need a "real" date with a MAN that will treat me right. Jesh.

I am just all over frustrated w/ the e-harmony experience so far. Most of the guys are not even members, so I don't get any communication...the ones that are keep marking "Other"!!!!

*sigh*

Anonymous said...

I am trying to revamp my intake of coffee and sweets.
I need reform.
I'm outa control.

Christina said...

Good luck, sometimes it is hard to sit down and write out what you want to accomplish. I hope that you reach your goals!

Anonymous said...

Whatever works for you is
GOOD!!!! (I kinda want to see you on one of those eharmony commercials)

Happy New Year

Effortlessly Average said...

You rock girl!

I, too, would like to know what the hell "other" means. I see all those happy people on their commericals but I'd hate setting up a profile only to have no one in the whole damned world want to date me. hahahaha. Granted, I'm not in the market yet, as I'm not sure I'd make anyone a good partner until I'm past my current situation, but when the time comes, ya know?

Anonymous said...

Those sound great. Nice work on the weight loss. Good luck with the taxes!

minijonb said...

happy freakin' new year!

i'm awful with resolutions, so don't look here for any help... i'll just crack bad jokes =:-)

Superstar said...

Wreckless: Caffine and sweets?? Sounds like all my students today!!!

Jali: No luck so far on the commercials cuz I think I have to have adate first?!?!?!

EA: MOI?? RAWK??? LOL ;o)

I waited...just until I was ready and I must say it's a disappointment.

LBB: Now for the next 40!50 or 60!!

Mini: NO resolutions...just goals to acheive!!!