BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 18, 2006

WTF??? Boys are Stupid!!!!


I have a serious bone to pick. Why do guys have to have all in or nothing???

I have this "guy" friend that I have known for 6 years. He is a great guy and a great friend. He is a handy man and there to help move furniture (even when it's 120 degrees) PROBLEM you all ask? He's TOO nice. He is "in love" with an IDEA of me and will not let go and move on. (This characteristic is stalker material) He asks me out, which is what "friends" do. They hang out, watch TV, eat meals together, call each other up when the day went to SH*T and complain. So what is the problem you are still wondering?!?!?!?! He wants to MARRY me and I have no romantic feelings for him at all. I have tried and tried. I have even been plowed and didn't have any "feelings" (HMMM drunk, horny and having a man and still no tingle?!?!?!?!? What is wrong with me?) None, nothing, Nadia.

Now to avoid the slippery slope of rejection, I have told him time and time again. He is a great "brother" "buddy" "friend" (yes I used the "f" word) nothing seems to get through. He just holds onto this idea that "I will come around". The next problem that I have is that in the last 2 years he has become a binge drinker. He will have 6-7 shots in an hour (double shots in a tumbler glass). The more he drinks the more belligerent he gets with the "buddy" "pal" comments to me. He hangs on me as though I am going to "take care of him" while he is in this state. What is worse is the people at the bar think he is my HUSBAND!!!! Which of course he LOVES to hear, and I cringe and my stomach does those flip flops like you are on the high end of a roller coaster. So WHY do I still have a problem w/ going out and drinking? I don't, I like to have 1-2 and have a good time. I believe in moderation and from time to time, just getting stinking drunk! But please... IT IS A WEDNESDAY night for crying out loud. This man goes out EVERY night, binge drinks and then wonder WHY he got a DUI. He blames EVERYONE in earshot for his bad lot in life and drinks it up. In the mean time, any of the other guys or women think I am WITH him at the bar and my "single" conversation just turns to "oh is that your old man?" "I can't believe you are flirting with me when your old man is over there.." UGHHHHH He is NOT my old man (a phrase that I just HATE anyway..On so many levels). So meeting anyone is almost impossible with him around. He plays on the guilt and is so jealous and envious of ANYONE who spends time with me.

So last night after I left the bar he Texts me to "loose my number" and in the same text, that he LOVES me and wants to marry me....OYE VEY...Look, I know that Men don't just hang out with women unless there is something in it for them. I understand the 3 basic needs and I completely respect that. I even get that most guys are "hardwired" to FIX any problem that women want to talk about(translation "bring to men")....Which is why, when I just want to vent or Bi#ch I start the conversation out by saying to my guy friends, "I am not looking to fix this, I just need to vent and talk it out" This phrase allows my guy friends to think, OK, just nod, say uh, huh and offer a solution at the end only IF she asks me for it! LOL

I don't want to loose a great friend and someone that has been there for me like a brother....But I just don't know what else to do.....

0 Left me pearls of wisdom: