BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Whining about the wine


Last night was a learning experience in these group dates. Unlike the last "event" I went to I actually spent WAY more money than I have in my budget!!! OMG a bottle of Spanish wine was $42. ??? OMG $42 for a bottle of wine? It had better put out! JK OK so after 5 people split the cost of 3 bottles of VERY expensive wine and it was actually $24 for the wine and then another $17 for food and tip. I LOVE wine, but I so love to eat more!

I was a bit disappointed in the 6 of us (oh yeah the one guy wanted to eat but not drink, then didn't chip in for his food??? Perhaps that is why my $9 dinner and $24 share of wine cost me $41??? ) at our event last night. The conversation was nice, the wine ok (Again for $42 shouldn't it do tricks?) and the location was good. I did excuse myself after the bill arrived and I paid my portion. What I really wanted to do was ask Mr Freeloader, WHY he did not pay his portion for the dessert he had and the $9 dinner. What is that about?? Men who don't pay at least their own way should have their man card taken away. I work VERY hard to enjoy things like going to a wine tasting or eat an exotic dinner out. What makes guy do this? why would they embarrass themselves and tax the rest of us as though I am some kind of democratic deep pocket?!?!?! (I digress)

So the moral of the story, Get the 411 on the cost of the "event" BEFORE agreeing to go and then be prepared to separate the bill or ask the server for your own tab. Because for $41 I could have had Sushi for 2! Much better than wine, cheese and crackers!

Live and learn...

0 Left me pearls of wisdom: