SO...here I am 34 almost 35, never married, recently single after a CRAZY breakup, and wondering...where is the minivan and the 2 car seats that I should be toting about in my van??? How did I get to this age and not find "Mr. Right" WOW! I said it out loud and BLOGGED it!
Since most of my "adventures" are so entertaining for my "married" friends and the ones that are "hooked" up, I figured that I should share, best friend suggested this. I like all the other girls out there LOVE to share. Hopefully this will be a fun way to laugh at myself and share with other singles (at our age) the fun and the NOT so fun that I have.
So I recently asked all my "friends" if they know anyone that is single(male) and would be a good "match" for me. Now I might as well have asked a monkey to solve a math problem, but one of my friends suggested a website. It is not one of those dating services, rather a way to meet and network with others. I went to the site and they have activites 7 days and NIGHTs a week. Imagine that a non dating, dating service. So I joined. I am a joiner. I signed up RIGHT away for a sushi event. Then I got an e-mail welcoming me to the group! Oh no...I have joined a cult. PHEW nope they were all wonderful and welcoming.
The even was much like the "group" dates that your parents made you go on when you were 12. (Safety in numbers logic?) Anyway, It was a fantasic way to meet 14 people in 2 hours. OMG this is like Speed dating for "friends" I can interview them, talk w/ them and if I think like them...I can keep the retric going!
My over all impression is that I am going to like this. I work 2 jobs and I place a high value on my "free time". My next adventure is to meet 40 people and eat vegetarian food. hmmmmm
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
The day after...
Single Suburbian blah blah blah from Superstar at 1:47 PM

1 Left me pearls of wisdom:
Wow! I should give it to you for trying the dating service..oops.. I mean networking service.
I am 36 coming 37 and single too. Same advice from friends, try 'networkng service'. I just couldnt bring myself to do it. Maybe some day. Bravo to you!!
Post a Comment