BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Ultimate slap in the face…

His middle finger touched the small of my waist from right to left and then his palm of his hand gently, yet firmly pulled me closer, his hand on the small of my spin. His tone and firm body touching mine. His soft lips gently, but with force kissing my lips. His left hand on the small of my neck to let me know that, he could hold me if I fell. My knees weakened and I was falling deeper and deeper into his kiss…….EEEERRRRRRRRRCCCCHHHHHHHHH. What is Garth Brooks doing singing that song? What a horrible love song….WHAT is going on? Dakota stop licking my face….What a romantic buzz kill! Man the most action I have seen in months and my alarm clock has to ruin the moment!!!!

So I had the ULTIMATE slap in the face with my ex-fiancé. What a HORRIBLE weekend. First of all let me start by saying that 2 years ago in May, Jerry and I broke up. He broke things off with me 1 month before we were going to LIVE together and start a life together. ONE, UNO, one month. TWO months after he had given me a ring… a ring….This is after 1 ½ years of dating and planning. I never should have gone out with him in the first place.(this is where we say, hind sight is 20/20!) He told me that the reason that he wanted to break things off was, he didn’t want to get married. He didn’t want to have anyone in his life when he didn’t know what he wanted for himself. He just didn’t know, after 2 years of KNOWING.

So, now I need to start at the beginning. We met through a mutual friend of mine at a Karaoke bar. Jerry liked to listen to the singers, and he was just venturing out into “single life” after a year of being separated. He was waiting on his final divorce papers.(Which I didn’t know at the time we met). We started talking, and he was flirting, in a sweet way. So at the end of the night we exchanged phone numbers and then he called me! OMG he called ME!!!!! That Saturday, we went out to Sushi, and had a great night of conversation. Then in the middle of dinner we were talking about our ex’s and those pet peeves, when EEERRRRRCHHHHH he told me that his divorce wasn’t final. WHOOOP WHOOOP…Danger…Danger…. So I told him, that I would love to hang out with him, and be friends, but I am not interested in dating a man, who’s divorce isn’t final. (I previously dated a guy for 2 years who forgot, yes forgot to tell me that he wasn’t exactly divorced….Another story for another time.) SO having my “rule” no dating until your divorce is final, we remained friends and he continued to ask me out, and flirt and joke. April 1st, as though it was some kind of cruel joke, Jerry (not his real name) got his papers in the mail and it was official…He was a “free” man. He brought the papers to the bar as if in a kid in a candy store kind of way, Stated that, he wouldn’t take “NO” for an answer anymore from me. WOW. So that is how it all started. After that night we were un-separable. We did everything together, we went shopping together, vacations, I started my business with his help, asked each other about purchases, banking advise EVERYTHING. I thought that this was the one. I was off the market, I could hang up my dating hat and pass it to my gal pals for their future dating adventures. He is the one I am going to spend my life with. We both want kids, we want a house, picket fence…OK I digress. ANYWAY, So when he broke it off with me, I was shocked, stunned and in a daze. I couldn’t believe that I was hearing this. We did manage to remain “friends” He host’s Karaoke and well, I did trust him to replace my brake Pads on my car! LOL ;o)

Fast forward to present time: Two weeks ago Jerry called me and wanted me to know that he was dating a gal that he met at my old roomie’s going away party, in February (She moved back to IN ;o( Very Sad) OK, So I told him, “That is great I am so excited for you”. He then said, “well, I didn’t want you to hear it from someone else”. I said, “Gezz, Jerry, it’s not like we broke up 2 weeks ago and you already all hot and bothered by this lady. I still think this is great for you!” He said, “thanks” and was relieved that I was good with things and that he and I are still friends.

That was until Saturday night…..

Saturday night had to be the most horrible night I have ever had in my life. It all started out ok, then she flashed the ring in my face. EEERRRRRCCCCCHHHHHH. That is right ladies and Gentleman, after only 3 months they are engaged. IT was the scene from “When Harry met Sally” all over…OMG, what does she have that I don’t? What does she offer that I don’t? Well, lucky for me, or not so lucky for me….Jerry provided me the answers to these questions!!!!! Yep you heard it here! Not only am I fighting the urge to just punch her out, because she is flaunting it in my face, but I have to listen to Jerry tell me all the reasons’ why she is the “right” one to “settle” down with…I just want to run out screaming. Jerry then proceeds to tell me, (sit down this gets good)… “It is nothing against you. It is just that she has her life so much more together, she has a house and 2 beautiful kids and loves me so much. (OK AND I DIDN”T????? My life is that much of a mess??? My apt living wasn’t good enough for you???) .. He continues, “ She has given me so much wile I have been down and out on workman’s comp (He rolled his cement truck 4 months ago) she buys me things and takes care of me.” So, I am thinking (mostly muddled from the 2 lemon drop shots and 2 vodka Soda’s at that point) that I would have been that kind of wife. “For better or worse” “In sickness and health” OMG…I can’t believe he is still talking about how fantastic and wonderful she is. How she makes him SOOOO Happy……..AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I can’t take it anymore. CHECK PLEASE!!!!!!

I spent all day Sunday in a fog, not from the 5 lemon drop shots, and 2 drinks I had, but from the last thing that Jerry told me as I was trying to leave with my dignity. “Are you going to be coming to the hospital for when I have my surgery?” SERIOUSLY??? LOL I think I remember saying, I will see what I can do as I went RUNNING out of the bar with the hot wet stinging tears running down my face… SERIOUSLY??!?!?!? Seriously.

18 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Mama en Fuego said...

And another thing...that loser was living at his mommy's house when you met him! (She has her life more together, WHATEVER!!) At least you had an apartment that you um...PAID for. Oh, he's in deep shit now. That no ball having, materialistic, short sighted, shit head.

And to think you were going to put yourself on the line to help him get his own company started...that's it, where's my shotgun??

Los said...

Hang in there, Superstar - it is impossible to know everything about a person after 3 months of dating. Once the "honeymoon" ends, we'll see what is up with him. I'm sure that in a few months, he'll want to be single again.

Moderator said...

eeeesh.

Superstar said...

Well, Becka let the ole' cat out of the bag... I did forget that small detail of how he had to live w/ his Mom to get his finances back on track, Oh and the 1995 Gutless Cutless wonder....LOL ;o)

Thanks Los: I am over it. Thankfully I now have "vented" and can move on to someone that will share with me what I am willing to share with them (& no I don't mean any kinds of social diseases, either!!!!) ;o)

Stevo: I getch ya! ;o) Thx man

Mama en Fuego said...

Just gettin' ya back sista, don't nobody mess you but me. LOL

Superstar said...

CM...You would think huh?!?!??! Yet here I am bloggin the most happy, and horrible drama's of a single gal in her 30's?!?!?!? ALL is not right with the world! OH BTW Bambi is my drunken alter ego...she is really very funny! I so love the stupid things that she says...There was a time, that Bambi wanted food after drinking the WHOLE bottle, and we went to Del Taco. Now what she heard in her mind and THOUGHT she said, was "3 chicken and 2 beef soft tacos." What the loud speaker kept repeating was " 32 soft tacos??????" And Bambi does another OOOPPPSSSS...What do you mean that is $34???? WTF???? LOL

It was really something to see and hear.

Becka you have always had my back....NAKED?!?!?!?! did someone say naked? LOL ;o)

Mama en Fuego said...

That's about as Bambi as the night you got "democularized" and crawled Tom and I to the door. Oooh oooh, what about the time we passed out like dominoes on what's his names couch at that after party where I punched Fat Pat?!

Good times...*sniffle*

Superstar said...

I'm eclempt over here...tawlk amoungst yourselves!

EEEKKKK Becka...you are telling all of Bambi's adventures! LOL ;o)

The crawling was my 1st introduction to why they call that shot,.... Oh crap, I can't remember the name, but it has rumple minz, jeager and aftershock..not an adios MFer...what is the name of that? SEE I have no clue what that women does! jezzzhhh! LOL

Mama en Fuego said...

Liquid Cocaine my dear...that's right!! Who's the queen!!! Bow down puny mortal (since you're already crawling...)

And girlfriend PLEASE there are many more Bambi stories where that came from.

Superstar said...

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I wanna tell them as I remember and then you can comment on what REALLY went down. LOL ;o)

Naked? Who is that? perv's!

snowelf said...

Bambi,

I could write a whole article here chicka--you are SO much better off without this guy! Can't you already see the pattern? Get married (how long did he know his wife?), get bored, get divorced, transition, get bored, dump chick. Find new chick...transition, mooch off of her, get bored, dump her... (see, it's coming...I promise.) I'm sure you could make a whole list of his flaws and why you are too good for the likes of him. Los is right, they have yet to get into the true meat of their relationship! Let her be the one he makes cry for awhile.

And 3 freakin' months!!? That's just crazy. What an idiot! I swear...I don't even think I would introduce my kids to a guy I wanted to get serious with within the first three months, let alone agree to marry him! I know it really hurts to be broken up with like that, but I think you may have been spared in the long run.

I feel down right sorry for this girl. And what a bitch for being all flaunty. Any decent person would have been kind about it. And yea, I'm with Becka, hope he gets the Herpes.

They deserve each other.

AND the herpes!

Huge hugs!!

--snow

p.s. and speaking of hottness (from my blog) I'm sure you are hotter than him too. ;D

Superstar said...

Snowelf...Thanks!!!! LOL ;o)

YODA. I like that Fleas in his armpits. YEAH who does he think he is? Comparing me?!?!?! OK that is it Now I have a mission to get his pic scan'd in for you all to see this BIG man! ;o)

smialek316 said...

Man, I am sorry to hear that things went down for you that way. I must admit though, that I am one of those guys with the "fear of commitment " syndrome. I don't know why, I never used to be like that. That being said though, that is a shitty way for a relationship to end,

mean girls said...

Men can be such pigs!!!

Have a few more lemon drops, those are yummy and it is likely that "Bambi" will have a lot more fun dancing on tabletops without a care in the world!

Anonymous said...

That guy did you the biggest favor in the world.

Imagine how bad it would have been if you had gotten married, and then had to deal with a breakup. He let you off the hook.

And hearing that part about him with the apartment and how she buys stuff for him tells me everything. I was in a position a few years ago where I moved back in with Mom due to some financial trouble. It lasted two years. And all I could think about was getting out of there so I could restart my life. I almost went nuts over it.

But the one thing I was not looking for is a woman to buy everything. My fiancee and I split as much as we can 50-50 right now. And I am happy about that. I want to be able to pay my end.

And if you didn't have your life together, how were you supposed to help him with his business? I don't get that part.

He's keeping you around as a friend for some reason. It's either for additional attention or a future loan.

Mama en Fuego said...

Smokin' I too had to move back in with my parents while I was going to school full time. So the living with his mommy shot was a little below the belt. But I too hated every minute of it and the moment I had the chance, I was outta there. In the mean time I paid for my own everything and in exchange I did some remodeling work for them.

I just think Jerry is a vampire, he feeds off of others. And I agree he's keeping Super around for a reason and it really burns me.

Superstar said...

LOL ;o) I thank each and every one of you for helping me see that this is not such a bad thing to happen. Of course, at the moment that it was happening...I really didn't see that. If he were really a "true" friend he would have put a stop to the flaunting, of the ring and not said those hurtful things.

Y'all have given me a fresh perspecitive! Thanks!

Mama en Fuego said...

LOL Christina - we do have an aweful lot of untouched desert here in Arizona. Not to mention we got mad coyote problems...{wink}