BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 22, 2006

The Meeting…confrontation

SO, I told you about my long time friend JT that has in a drunken stooper and repeatedly "pledged" his love for me and wanting to marry me and such. Well, here is recap of our "intervention".

Well, I invited JT to lunch (my treat, since he has done so much to help me with my glow business). We ordered the Sushi and he vented about work. I then saw my opportunity to start the conversation and "intervention" when he brought up his boss RP, (who enables him by drinking and buying shots). Let me just paint the picture so that you can all see that I am not an alcohol Nazi! RP and JT will get to the bar at 530pm, in the first hour they will have 1 drink and 6 shots, EACH. That continues for the next 2 1/2 hours when RP wife shows up and she gets upset that RP is drunk. Hmmmm imagine that, 15 shots in 3 hours....I would be in the hospital. That is when JT calls me and asks me to meet for drinks....MORE drinks!!!! This is on a Tuesday or a Wednesday night, when these guys have to be at a work site by 6-7am!!! SOOOOO Back to my lunch.... I laid it out on the table. I said, do you realize how much you have been drinking when you are with JP? Do you know how you act after 14 shots? Are you aware of how many more you drink when you are already beyond a "normal" limit? JT looked like a deflated balloon. "you know, I thought I was getting bad, but I didn't realize I was doing all this." Then he admitted to wanting to stop going out so much. I said, it's not that you have to stop going out. Go out and have a coke, diet drink or whatever. You don't need 14 shots to have a good time...OR DO YOU??? I told him in my opion that he was seeking acceptance from people at the bar by buying them drinks. Then I went into the detail about his texting and behavior from last Wednesday night. I told him that I wouldn't be a very good friend if I didn't bring this to him and hold a mirror up in his face. I am sure that JT is really MAD at me right now!!! I told him about the episode he had last Wednesday, and he couldn't believe it. He had no idea that he was professing his undying love for me, he doesn't even remember driving his happy azz home!!! OMG HELLLO????? I told him that I do care about him as a friend and that I don't want to see anything bad happen to him. On the current path that you are on, I only see pain and sorrow, and I just can't loose another good friend right now. I just can't.
JT was in a bit of shock, and agreed that he was also concerned about his behavior. He promised me that he is going to NOT go out anymore, and especially with his boss RP. I predict this will last about 1-2 months then it will all start up again. The most important thing is that I told him how uncomfortable it makes me feel knowing that I don't share his feelings, and everytime he is blasted I get those text MSG and such about how I should marry him. I told him that he is alienating me and could cause me to stop hanging out with him at all. JT would never want to jeopardize that.
I am not sure that he will do what he says he will, but at least I have put it out there. I have done my part and from here on out, I can only hope that he will learn and move forward.

I can sleep better knowing that I have done all I can, said all I can, and have not compromised any of my values or feelings.

5 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Anonymous said...

I think you have the right idea.

You are on the right path from what I can tell. Anybody who drinks 14 drinks in 3 hours on a regular basis is not in their right mind.

I only do that about once a year.

Thanks for stopping by.

Los said...

Not a good situation. But you are being a good friend. Maybe he will be mad at you for confronting him, but in the long run, he'll thank you.

Superstar said...

Smokin Steve: Thanks for the re-assurance!

Los: Thanks too! I need brutal honesty! ;o)

I have added some pic's..now if my technically challenged fingures could figure out how in the heck to get them to my actual profile. *PHEW**

Mama en Fuego said...

Sissy I am SO SO proud of you for being honest. Knowing JT like I do I can only hope that he realizes how much more he has at stake...His KIDS! I know he doesn't get tanked around his kids but that doesn't change the fact that if he gets his license revoked for DUI, that's going to effect every aspect of his life. Not to mention, OMG what if he hit and killed someone?!?!

Superstar said...

I feel DA LUVVVVVVV from my sissy ;o) Thanks!

For the record he would be on DUI # 2.... Yep #2 so apparently $2000 in fines, 30 days revoked driving privalage and 24hours in jail did nothing to effect his choices...hmmmmmm