BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Who knew the movies could be dangerous?



So who knew that the very act of going to a movie theater could be life threatening? NO, I am not talking about the butter saturated popcorn. I don't even think all the candy, hot dogs and nacho cheese is as deadly as the wackadoo's that come out on a holiday to see movies.

OK, so here is what happened. I had my nieces for an overnight, and I promised that we would see Ice Age3. They really wanted to see it in 3-D, and being that it's WAY more expensive, I told them that if we went to the 3-D, there would be no popcorn. I gave them a choice. They both said at the same time "3-D". Well that was easy. OK simple. easy. I like easy.

We arrive at the theater here in San Tan Gilbert, to see the entire city at our fair box office. No problem, we wait in line, get to the glass speaker, and ask for the tickets. SOLD OUT! So I then asked the girls, if they wanted to wait, or go to the next NOT 3-D and they could have popcorn. Well, they picked popcorn and the NOT 3-D version.

So, we get inside to the next line for the popcorn and soda refills. There are 22 lines and about 25 staff filling popcorn and sodas and other food items. We are waiting. Then, this man from another line, jumps in front of the Mommy w/ 3 kiddos in tow to go before her. ~looks around~ "UMMM did he just take your place in line?" I asked all innocent.

She said, "Yep" *deep sigh*

I said, "What the Heck? Who takes a kids spot in a line? Who is so impatient that they cut in front of CHILDREN?" I kept looking for validation from the people around us, you know how us protective women are ~throws hands up while putting one on a hip~

The guy started to walk off, when from behind me ~cue superstar music~ Rambo jumps out of line to confront the lame jerk.

This is where it gets good. The jerk then gets about 1 inch from Superman's face and tells him to shut the F**K up! That is when the Superman, says something mumbled but to the effect of hey it takes a BIG man to cut in front of little kids. This is when jerk face looks like he is going to give superman a coke and popcorn bath. Meanwhile, I am shouting "GENTLEMAN, hey there are kids here, UMM Boys, take it outside, HEY seriously, HEY! REALLY OVER POPCORN AND SODA???? " Both so into confronting each other they don't notice.

At this point I don't know how or why a manager wasn't leaping over small and tall counters or something, but alas, no manager. Thankfully I had magically put the girls behind me, to keep them from getting hurt. I was hoping that this would be the end of that blog food moment.

OHHHHH, but like any good infomercial there is MORE! We finally get into the theater and get the perfect seat. lots of kiddos lots of activity. The previews start and the movies is minuets away, when the kid behind me starts hitting my seat. I politely turn and ask him to stop. This last about five minuets before he starts in w/ the kicking. Seeing the chair is empty behind my smallest niece I switch w/ her. I was just thinking that the only reason, he was kicking it, was because I was leaned all the way back and he COULD. This solves the problem, until 1/2 way through the movie, she leans over and asks to sit in my lap, because something is kicking my chair. HMMMM No biggie, she is all of maybe 20lbs, so this isn't a big deal.

I am now thinking the kid had some kind of mental disorder, b/c he kept making noises like a humming or singing for no reason in the movie. My other niece, kept saying what is that? LOL The kid behind you....but I resisted telling her that.

So, I went to the Customer Service Desk, to talk to a manager about my "experience" and the blog food that I acquired today. She said, I tell you what. Let me give you some free passes to any show, including the 3-D ones. Then she apologized. The best part is she informed me that there are phones in the theater that people can use to call a manager! I had no idea! I can't wait for the next time I can use one of the phones...I don't care if I am a snitch. CONTROL your kids. remove them if they are screaming, but don't make the rest of us suffer. I managed to keep a 4 and 6 year old quite and from kicking chairs, and I am not even a MOM! ~rolls eyes~ Seriously~!!!

Anyone else have a FUN 4th of July Movie experience???

6 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Jim McKee said...

No, I went and ate barbecue and watched/listened to a blues band.

Sorry you had such a PITA... at least the nieces behaved, so there's the silver lining.

Claudya Martinez said...

I'm glad you got some passes out of it because it's crazy that you have to pay for such a crappy experience. No more going to the movies on holidays.

I know it wasn't fun for you, but it was fun for me to read!

Superstar said...

Jim: My nieces are sooooo well behaved inpublic, that I almost forget they are only 4 and 6.
LOL

Unknown: You are welcome. Drama and Crazy seem to find/follow me. Really I am a drama free gal!
HMMMMM
At least I have good blog food for everyone.

Farmers Wifey said...

You will find throughout my blog examples of bad cinema experiences such as yours. I am so obsessive with my cinema experience that nothing has to ruin it, I am so glad you got some free passes, I should have stuck to my guns and got some too, after the last debacle.....

Los said...

Yikes ... I don't think I would've survived that trip! I have a big mouth that tends to get me in trouble.

snowelf said...

Superstar, I agree with you 100%. And you should be commended. I am a movie nazi mom. If my kids even think about kicking someone's chair, I am on them instantly. (Same goes for airplanes too.) They know it is NOT okay to kick people's chairs or be rambunctious in either of those places. And I try to take them to afternoon movies with lots of other kids in case my son gets restless and I need to correct him. They know if they can't behave, we just don't go. Period.

(Same goes for restaurants.)

--snow