BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Mama's workshop

The Long Road Home


PHXMan and I started our journey a year ago, and here we are a year later. We are going to do something that I absolutely hate. ROAD TRIPS. Why? They are not the fun, exciting, car blowing up, fraternity party, virginity loosing whoo hoooing that you see in the movies. PHXMan is a bit like traveling with an OCD Jeff Foxworthy, "I want to say that we got there in 21 hours this time. I am SURRRRREEEE you can just peeee out the wind-a right?" kind of road trip.

Me? Oh, I stand by my "if the car ride is longer than 8 hours, we should be in a plane" theory.

So, WHY on earth would I agree to *ahem* grumpily go on this little "road trip?" MOTHERS GUILT... That's right folks. I just spent $1300 last year to store "stuff" that my sister and couldn't possibly part with, when my Mom passed away.
*sigh*
So there we were. Sitting.
more sitting
music from some disco diva, seventies thieving PHXMan down loads....~shakes head~ Being the diva I am I scoffed and just ignored it. Thankfully, I have plenty of practice "tuning out" loud noises.

So we drove from Gilbert, AZ to Spokane Wa. Not only to fetch the storage unit worth of stuff, but we also had a "little surprise" for my Dad. He turned 60! Although, that night, I didn't know if I was going to have to rush him to the ER with a heart attack or get him a Kleenex bag from my purse.

That was really awesome! NOW fast forward to the day we fetch all the stuff. Monday morning, and to quote a fav movie, "I had a case of the MONDAAAAAYYYSSSSS"....Pouring rain, 55 degree's and we are supposed to load a trailer....SHHHHHHHHHUUUUTTTT UP! Thankfully, it stopped long enough, that we didn't get soaked.

Thanks to my sisters secret superhero power of tetras, we had additional space in the trailer. WHOOO HOOO! Our Dad's Bro, asked us if we had any space to call and see if we could get some things on our load for him and his wife. They bought a condo here in the metro area, and we agreed.
~shakes head~
Why is hind sight always 20/20???
We load up 15 items. Thanks to my similar tetras abilities, I was able to get a dinning room table, 5 chairs, 3 leaves for table, fold up rack for DVDS?, 2 magazine stands, a blow up bed and linens, the foam pads for bed, 2 recliners and a foot stool.

Fast forward to us getting EVERYTHING back and not a single thing broke! I call to split the gas and trailer 3 ways. now, just one way for gas and trailor came to $650. I divided by 3, my sister, myself and Uncle.
When I told my Uncle, who is richer than Donald Trump, I told him that I figured it w/ gas and the cost of the U-haul his third is $217. Now, I didn't think this was really that much. In fact since Phxman and I fronted all the cash, we thought that was cheap. Now, there are some additional things that I DID pay for, but didn't charge anyone. 1. Day Labor men. $40. 2. Plane ticket for a friend to help us. 3. food/hotel/ misc junk to keep occupied on drive.

I am sure you are all putting together what happens next.
Since it's late, I will have to continue Part II tomorrow...The continuing saga of "The Moved Furniture" ANY GUESSES?????

3 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Farmers Wifey said...

Visiting from mama kats. Really enjoyed reading your post....

Domestic Diva's Corner said...

really kool post i enjoyed reading it and i loved the music as well really nice and upbeat visiting from mama kat

Claudya Martinez said...

Oh no, please tell me your uncle forked over some money.