BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 20, 2009

Cranium Crunch


This week is getting crazy already!
1. I haven't been able to sleep. For the last month or so, I haven't been able to get to sleep without sleep aids before 2-3am. This seriously is not something that I have had a problem with in the past. In the school year, I had no trouble falling asleep. *sigh* I am lactose intolerant, so the warm milk is out. I don't want to have to take a pill to get to sleep....any other home remedies???
2. I have a job interview. Yeah ME!!! I can't believe how close to home it is. After traveling 2 hours a day at my last school, I am super UBER happy that I have a chance to work this close to home. ~crosses fingers~ I just really want this job. If I don't, I will have to go back to school. Not sure I am ready for that...full time.
3. I'm going on vacation. I have my 20 year reunion coming up at the end of the month. I look in the mirror, wondering when I got to this....THIS....LOL I mean, not that I look my age. I still get carded at the bar and stores, there is just something so...grown up about a TWENTY year reunion.
4. Suburbia is getting a bit better. I went out a couple of weeks ago on a girlz night. I didn't even realize how isolated I had felt, until I was out singing and hanging with my lady friends. All my neighbors are moving. They are all either victims of a short sale or the house is outright being taken over by the bank. I have never seen so many vacant homes in a cul-de-sac in my life! I haven't seen any other people. *sigh* I miss people. I miss that I used to be able to drive two miles to get to a retail store...I miss the convience.
5. I caught my one dog eating poop. *shivers* At first, I just thought it was some kind of new treat that we got from the pet store. (***The hounds are my boyfriends and I just help out.***) When I realized what he was doing, I started screaming. The problem? It was 1 am and PhxMan was in bed. I went in there and hysterically screeching about Eric eating poop and ewwwwwwwwwww *shivers* ~rubs arms~ see? Just gross. Then I pictured the dog licking PhxMan's face and his face kissing me...EWWWWWW I am french kissing a poo eating dog slobber....~sounds of vomiting~ Yeah, that was me almost puking...ewwwwww ~shakes head~ So anyone have any suggestions on how to break that little habit???
Well, that covers it so far...What's up in your hood???

9 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Ananda girl said...

Oh man... have no clue what to do about the poop eater. Yikes! Any chance you can get PhxMan to not let it lick his face without a good washing afterward?

As for sleep. My trick is a fan. A noisy fan. One that oscillates. I do not know why, but it calms me and lulls me to sleep. You can get one fairly cheap.

Thanks for stopping by Oodles of Funch tonight. I really like your blog. Funny stuffs!

Heff said...

Good luck with the job interview. Employment is an amazing task right now.

Simone Grant said...

Good luck on the job interview (and fingers crossed that you get some sleep the night before).

Jim McKee said...

1. PhxMan needs to give you your sedative. (Please don't make me explain this!)

2. I will cross my fingers for you.

3. Have fun! At my 25-year, I was surprised at "Who are all these young black folks?" Ha, they were our black classmates, who had the blessing of young looks.

4. There was a senior citizen on TV, who lived in a neighborhood in Detroit that was all abandoned homes except for hers... that was so sad, at least you don't have it that bad.

5. There was some TV show a few years ago, that your tale reminded me of... All of the characters were animals. One was a dog who was addicted to eating poop. His New Year's Resolution was to quit. So, they showed him spreading something on bread. Then, they showed the bowl of spread, and it read "I Can't Believe It's Not Poop".

Superstar said...

Ananda: I just found out that it's a vitamin deficency...So I am giving my dog "people vitamins"...

Huff: Interview went really well. I hope that I get the offer! The principal just about offered to me when he found out I had been working in a innercity behavioral school....He couldn't believe I was still smiling!

Simone: Thank you...I slept till Noon and then, made it on time so I could wait! He was running behind schedule...

Jim: Can you believe we have tried that? OH and I have a RX for putting me to sleep. The DR says it's just nerves and stress...HMMMMHMMMMM. Despite the RX for insomnia it's not working...
LOL @ your 25th reunion story!!!

snowelf said...

I think it's nerves and stress too. I had this in my third semester and it was torture. Then my body finally would want to go to sleep at like 4 in the afternoon and I'd have to fight to stay awake--then by 8:00 I'd be wide awake and unable to sleep again. It sucked.

I took pills for a little while, but I was like you--I didn't want to. My doctor suggested reading, and then making sure I had a good bedtime routine, so that I would condition myself to get sleepy as a behavior.

I have a feeling once you get back to teaching again, the sleep will follow! Please let us know if you got the job!! I'll keep my fingers crossed. :)

--snow

Farmers Wifey said...

I am glad your interview went well. I don't do interviews with panache, I get so nervous, I may have to get a part time job next year and I am dreading the interview process...

Claudya Martinez said...

Have you had the interview yet? How did it go?

The Egg said...

Nice to stumble upon your blog again:) I put mine on hold for a year and just jump started it! Hope you're having a great summer!