BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Mama's Homework


Well folks, it's that time of the week. That's right it's Mama Kat's weekly writing assignment.

The Prompts:
1.) Tell us about a "dirt cheap" you've taken this summer.(inspired by Anti-Supermom)
2.) When I grow up I want to be like...(inspired by Jenny Says What?)
3.) Describe a difficult moment that you survived.(inspired by Sarah M.)
4.) List 5 things you like to do while camping...or 5 places you'd like to go.(inspired by Kisatrtle)5.) What are you paranoid about?(inspired by Melissa)
Let's see...I have covered number five this week already *shivers* freaking crawly things.
*GIGGLES*
Silly bloggers, Superstar doesn't go camping. I mean ~rolls eyes~ Unless you mean, on the road trip to Washington State when I had to slum it at a "Motel 6"? HMMMMMM I have blogged about the whole life change, "what do I want to be when I grow up" series... I have spent more money on my uncles' move than made...so that leaves us with #3.
Let me just say, That it is amazing what you can live through.
The flight was two hours and twenty minuets. TWO hours and TWENTY minuets. *sigh* It might as well have been two days, as far as my sister and I were concerned.
I kept trying to tell myself that, this was the time that we all had been preparing for. Sadly, I don't think any amount of preparation ever really is enough. Death knows no boundary.
Two hours and twenty minuets. The seconds were ticking away, like a stop watch at a track meet.
We sat, one on each side of her. It was so surreal. My sister held her hand on one side. I held the other. I could only, look on, as if it was some made for TV moment. I really just wanted to run away, cry, leave this space, with all these people gathered around her.
*gasps*
*gasps*
*gasps*
Is this her last breath?
How will I know?
Why is THIS her time?
My heart felt as if it would explode.
My breathing matched my sobbing. OH god, this is really it.
*gasps*
*gasps*
*gasps*
I can't ever get that image out of my mind. Death wasn't a thief in the night. The grim reaper just stepped right up and took her. With a last gasp and fight her body finally stopped fighting. I survived my Mothers death.
I am so thankful that I had that time, just two hours and twenty minuets less....

10 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Farmers Wifey said...

Wow that was an amazing post, I really enjoyed reading it. Hugs to you xx

Christy said...

Wow. I did not see that coming. I just want to give you a hug.

Superstar said...

Farmers: Thank you! {hugs back}

Christy: Thank you. I posted on the day she passed, just not this level. {hugs back} Each day get's easier...

Grammy Suzzy said...

I am so sorry...what a poignant post!

Kekibird said...

Wow...I would hope to survive that day too. I hope I have that strength.

Erin said...

Death is horrible. My favorite saying...."Better by far you should forget and be happy then you should remember and be sad". Take it from someone who's lost more than her fair share. I hope you find solace in your grief with the happy memories of your mom!
Love~n~Hugs

Claudya Martinez said...

That was unbelievably touching and well written.

Superstar said...

Grammy: Thank you!

Kekibird: It has been so much more so than I often let on... life goes on...kind of thing.

Erin: That is a great saying. I am so taking it. I still have her phone #'s in my cell. I can't bring myself to delete them. So many days I just want to call her and talk. *sigh*

Unknown Mami: Isn't it amazing the things we can do, when procratinating? Thank you!
{Hugs back} to everyone.

Somedays it can be overwelming. I thank you all for indulging me with this post. It helps me to purge from time to time....

Los said...

Death does know no bounds, sadly ... I did like the "Thief in the Night" phrase ... The Stones actually have a song called "Thief in the Night."

Superstar said...

Los: Music is my FT Psychologist! Somedays it's all I can do, is throw in my ipod and drive while I get my "session". The Stones were brilliant and far ahead of thier time!