BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 03, 2008

Deep thoughts...


I think therefore I am.
Seems simple enough. I think, right?
I wonder, would I recognize a healthy true love when it is shown to me? Why? I know, many of you must think I lost some O2 climbing the mountain, but really? How will I know true love? Will it jump out and open my car door? Will it call me everyday, even when he just wants to say hello?
Will it bring me the "happiness" I seek? Will he wrap his arms around me and love me? Is there such a thing as "true" love? If so, is it the same as unconditional love?
These are seep thoughts of Bambi.
I am open to all your thoughts...

8 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Christina said...

It is hard to say how you know but if it is effortless and you can see yourself with that person and start to think in the "we" rather than "me".

You will feel it in your core.

Los said...

It's hard, darn near impossible, to describe, but you'll know. The way he makes you feel, the feeling that you could talk about anything, and for hours - the feeling that you don't want to be anywhere else but with him ...

Christine Staley said...

What do I know about true love. Well, having been fooled early in life, and having found it 10 years later, I'd say this.

It's true you just know. He/She is the first person you want to see every morning, and last every night.

The sound of their ring on your cell phone, or flash of their email address in your inbox incites excitement well beyond the 'honeymood haze' that you feel early in relationships.

it's the one person you can always be yourself around no matter what.

I don't think however, that another person can ever fill the role of "happiness" - I think they can add to your existing happiness, but if you are unhappy with your life, or yourself and expect that having a partner in life will suddenly turn that all around, you're setting yourself and them up for failure.

You can't expect anything from them you don't expect out of or from yourself.

I think hollywood and movies and chick lit has set us up for unrealistic expectations in relationships.

he may not open your car door or call you every day, but maybe he brings you water at bedtime in case you get thirsty in the middle of the night. or gets outta bed to make you coffee, or buy your favorite cheese at the store.
It is about the little things, but you have to be able to recognize what "his" little things are. Relationships are never one size fits all, what works in one may not in another - you have to find what works for the two of you, and that's where I think expectations cause problems.

But does true love exist? Yes. I think it does. Is there ONE true love? that i'm not so sure about. But I believe that when you found a love, you know it, you feel it.

Lisa said...

Having not found it til my late 30s, I have to say the secret is not to look for it. I think people smell desparation like it's a rotten can of Spam. My philosophy ... accept invitations from all friends. Even if it's something where there are mostly couples, you never know when a random hot stranger akin to your soul may be sitting at the next table or in the path of fate.

I don't think "love" chemistry is much different than the chemistry you feel when you meet someone for the first time and feel like you've known them your whole life -- at least it's a starting point And then you get naked .. bonus!

Visting from Los' place and will be back ... good stuff! .. Barbra Peapod

snowelf said...

I know I'm in love when I have both sparklies, and when all I want is for the other person to be happy whether it's with me or someone else. But in the same respect, I tend to want to be the one who brings them the happiness.
;)

Did you watch the movie?

--snow

Christina_the_wench said...

I knew when I looked forward to seeing him every day, even if it meant driving hours (he lived in Michigan; me in Ohio). Yeah, we drove back and forth for 6 months every day. Every day.

We'll be married 5 years this June.

You'll know. You will.

Just telling it like it is said...

I guess true love would be excepting you for all of the good that you are and the not so good...
I find that no matter what you do...there has to be chemistry...
and men don't stop..they go for something that they want...and if they don't want it they make excuses...you will know listen to your heart!!
I'm still here...just trying to figure out life just like you..

Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

Yeah I wonder too!