So I went into the gas station this morning...imagine that, I needed gas! *giggles* ok. So, I as for $12 on the pump and my large coffee, then handed her a $20 bill.
She hands me back the change which included a $5 bill. I look at the money, laugh because NONE of them can count change correctly, and exclaim, "HEY! What's up with this funny money?"
The clerk smiles and says, "Oh, that is the new $5 bill. Then she takes it out of my hands and starts pointing out all the new water marks and hidden images, blah, blah, blah.
~looks around~
Did anyone else know about this??? PSA people who deal w/ cash daily...NEW $5 bill, with PURPLE on the back!!! WHAT? Since when does our GREENBACKS need color??? Is the government going to spend another million in advertising, as they did when they introduced the new $20 bill? ~shakes head~
Congress...really? I don't have enough to stress about with the upcoming elections that I need a NEW and improved $5 bill? Does the Department of Treasury have nothing else BETTER to do that CREATE more work???
*sigh*
Anyone else have trouble with this "new" money???


9 Left me pearls of wisdom:
damn, that looks odd! now i need to go find one. thx!
We've had quite a bit of changes done to our money in the last 10-15 years or so, haven't we? Someday, all we'll be using is cards instead of money, though.
They say it's harder to counterfeit. I just wanna know which MORONS were wasting their time counterfeiting 5-dollar bills?
Jim: In PHX we had a HUGE problem w/the $5 bill actually. I used my black light to spot most of them. People aren't as careful with them because they are smaller, less likey to look at it twice. where a $20 or 50 is.
Los: I think we are all going to be like that VISA commercial that shows people as lemmins and using the card to buy stuff, then along comes the COG using cash!!! hehehehe
Mini: I am not a big coin collector, but I guess the whole quarter, dimes and nickles are also changing....LOL
Cash?
What is this cash you speak of?
--snow
We use different colour notes. And we are heading towards a cashless society. It's all about the card... grrrrrrrr
It is hard for me to take non green money that serious. It is just a mental thing for me. Colored money makes me think of monoploy money.
It can be dangerous
I used the new $5 a few days ago and the gas station by me thought it was counterfit...
I'm like "If it was counterfit, I would of made it look better then the government did"
Debit card for 90 % of my purchases. Havent seen the new 5 er but it sounds like Monopoly mnoney.
Post a Comment