BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Before Ipods




I'd like the idea that we as a society and as American's have come so far in the world of technology. We have microwave ovens, drive-thru windows, take out (which have special parking spots), cell phones (most can be your camera and music center), lap top computers, and a million other "conviences".




So why am I the only one who gets laughed at, while hiking the mountain for not wearing an IPOD? ~shakes head~


I even had one of them ask me, what do I do? ~looks around to see if Ashton Kuscher is filming~ I dunno...Well bloggers that got me thinking...I do A LOT of thinking!! Since the guy was cute, I suppose I should have given him some kind of flirty responce. So, random cute guy...here is the random thoughts of Bambi whilst working out AKA hiking on the mountain:


* Did I unplug the coffee maker?


*Was that weeble wable girl really wearing THAT hot pink spandex shorts and her vivid green sports bra outfit? ~shakes head and winces eyes~


*I wonder if I was ever meant to be married, or rather be happier as a single female...wait don't they call those women "old maids?"


* I wonder if money makes the world go around, why would I worry that it might "spin off it's axes"?


*Why do people keep asking me the same question. "So why are you single?" Should I wince my nose in agreement? should I laugh and just chuckle and say, well all the good ones are married, gay or hung up on thier mothers? Perhaps the question itself lacks merit. WHY didn't someone KEEP me? ~shakes head~ NAWWWWW


*Thinking about an article that I read while on the throne, stating a "rise" in marries are ending because the husband is really GAY!!! Really? I don't just have to worry that my spouce MIGHT REALLY be gay, in the closet and such DENIAL that they marry??? WHAT??


*What will my bloggers think about my list?


*Maybe with my stolen insurance check I should buy an ipod? hmmmm


*~sings lyrics to harden my heart~ Hummmmmmmsssss tune so passerbyes think I am really listening to something.
* I wonder if I was actually listening to music, if I could walk a faster pace?


What do you think? Should I invest in an ipod? I kind have enjoyed the solitude and thoughts of my mind....hmmmm time for you to vote.

13 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Jim McKee said...

I have an MP3 player (not an iPod, it's a Sansa Clip), and I love it.

iPods want to force you to use iTunes... I do NOT like to be forced to use any specific software, so I tend to be anti-iPod for that reason.

WanderingGirl said...

I heart my iPod. You can still buy from other MP3 sources than iTunes. Anyway, the point is that having a source of music to carry along is great. Use it when you want to, leave it when you don't. You can make a "workout" playlist of tunes that keep you huffing along. It really helps me keep moving when I'd rather turn around and go home. But make sure you get the important stuff first!

Superstar said...

Jim: I was thinking of upgrading my phone, so that I could use it while hiking...I am just not sure I want to spend money on a phone that could be my end all to be all...computer, phone, e-mail, ipod/music thing...LOL So many choices...

Wandering girl: I am motivated enough w/ the 80 year old guy that passes me and keeps a faster pace. LOL It makes me feel so FAT@!!! my gawd, but I am setting mini goals for myself, like do it w/out stopping...even if I have to slow way down...
I think I should at least get prices...

Jim McKee said...

Just to clarify: I was not referring to where you *buy* music. I mean the SOFTWARE on your COMPUTER that you use to load/delete/manage the music on your MP3 player. My son had an iPod, you are forced to use the iTunes software. Being a computer geek, I like to be able to use any damn software I please. With my Sansa Clip, I can do the job with Windows Explorer. Plus, my MP3 player also has Voice Recorder, FM radio, and the ability to record from FM radio... as far as I know, iPods do NOT have those features.

I love love love my Sansa Clip, and would never trade it for an iPod. Read the reviews on the Clip, and you'll see that boatloads of people agree with me.

Jen said...

I wanted an Ipod and finally got one for xmas. I like it, not love it. I have the adapter for my car which is pretty cool. It wasn't a have to have item.

Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

I love my iPod! I go everywhere with it. I used to dig my phone (cum mp3 cum radio)... but it just sucked my phone battery faster.

iPod thumbs up.

The Egg said...

Ha I don't have an ipod either! I'm rather slow with techie stuff. I think my cell phone and blog keep me sane for now:)

M@ said...

In the gym, you need an iPod. On the mountain, you should be listening to something else. Seriously. What retards.

snowelf said...

I love my iPod. I really do. It's one of my most favorite things I've ever purchased. I just have a little iPod Nano, so it's only a 2GB, but it suits my needs perfectly as I can't listen to the same stuff over and over and I just load and unload it all the time and usually don't even fill half of it. (Plus, it was under $200 bucks.)
I use mine 99% of the time in my car and it's awesome for trips. My only true gripe about it is that I have very little ears and I have to eventually invest in different earbuds because the ones that come with don't fit in my ears well and always fall out.
Like Jim, I am not a big iTunes fan. I use iTunes mainly just to load and unload it. (I just like Windows Media Player better cause it's easier to use, has more options for the windows environment, and is simpler to burn things from.) Plus, the windows version of iTunes does not have all of the features the Mac version does, so be aware of that.
But honestly, I think any MP3 player is going to be a good investment for you--especially since you're such a music lover.

--snow

P.S. Your list was really cute and funny! Totally you! ;)

Anonymous said...

I'd be afraid I'd end up wandering up and down the hiking trails singing out loud. At least, that's what I do in the car while I listen to mine!

Don't get me wrong, I love the iPod. Especially helpful for long car rides, I think. But the danger of singing out loud is serious. Beware.

Los said...

If you invest in an I-pod, you will never, ever go back. BUT, you'll have to move your cds onto your computer, AND get an account at I-Tunes ... which really isn't so bad. I love my mp3 player!

Jim McKee said...

Sansa Clip, 2 GB: $60 at Best Buy. (In other words, wayyyyyy under $200.)

;-]

Art_Fulldodger said...

Ipod's nice but not the end all in MP# players. I agree with Jim that Itunes is just another way to get you to buy tunes from them and to lock u into an Ipod because they are the coolest... NOT

Both my kids have them, One has a Ipod video one has the Nano. Video version is less than a year old and dead. Apple wants 150 bucks plus your soul to fix it. Pure BS. I can buy a brand new Ipod for 150.

I have the Sansa version. Paid 34 bucks on Woot.com and it does everythin that an Ipod does and at 1/4 the price.

Moral to the story is invest in apple stock as the sheep are buying those dam things in record numbers.

Oh are you are soooooo Hot. Ummm wait, I neva seen a pic of you have I?