What is it about the word"truth" that just hits a person on every level?
We all tell white lies. ~looks around~ Yes, we all do it. We tell our uber giddy friend that poka dots looks good on them, when really, you are looking around for the jacka$$ film crew, because it's neon green w/ fushia poka dots. We tell people that we are "fine", when in fact, they are not close enough to us to share, the truth of our real emotional pool.
So, when is telling the truth, and I mean the whole truth a good thing? Society and Religious groups all put a value on it. White lie vs. Black lie...which is worse...really?
We all add a smidge of hyperbole in our blogs, even I add in comments that I WISHED I had said, in hind sight of a conversation. We all give acolades and clap in cyber comments supporting our "friends".
Let's break down this monster subject and just look at the dating world. At what point do you ask/tell the person you are dating that you want or don't want to be exclusive? I mean let's face it. When we have FOUND the PERFECT person, (in our own eyes) we don't want them to get a single chance that we could LOSE them. We want to make sure that Mr. or Ms. Wonderful doesn't find, *gasps* anyone else. What is worse than a broken heart? Well, I don't want to find out. ~hand on hip~ sorry back to our real topic: the truth.
Men and Woman alike drop hints, for example, "I fully intend not to renew my online dating subscription". They might even say, "So, how many others are people are you going to have to let down "easy" there"? They may even start "marking" territory. ~shakes head~ You know who you are, marking your area, like a cat peeing on things. PSSSSST "that's mine" PSSSSSST "yep, that's mine too". Taken, yep keep walkin' yep, that's taken too! ~rolls eyes~
I think about the business of being single. The business of courtship, engagement and marriage. Then there is the cost of divorce, seperation of assests. The law offices of He gets "this" and She get's "that".
So, bloggers, as I bid you farewell until I get back from paradise, is: Can humans find "the One", in that we mate for life or do you think that there are several people throughout your life that are the "right one" for that time in your life? Would it be better if we all were only in commitments and not legal binding relationships? Who's truth is really out there?


12 Left me pearls of wisdom:
I wish that I had the answer for that.
In my experiece there are people that I found was for right now and others that just weren't. In the end, the one I am with now is the one that I want to be with and can picture my future with him. It is effortless.
In the past I tried to make Mr. Right now fit into "the one" but that never works.
Enjoy your trip.
"The truth is out there"? Are you alluding to the new X-Files movie, which premieres on July 25th?
Enjoy your trip, and if all goes as I hope it does, I go on MY trip (to Scotland) on June 27th or 28th.
Have a good trip. I guess everyone lies to try to make life a little less embarassing and painful.
Relationship issues are as wide and varied as people themselves. Not sure if there is any one way about it.
AS far as finding the ONE.. in my experience I feel there is someone for every part of your life as you live life. It may be your high school sweet heart at that time of your life, he/she may continue to filter and bring something to your life later on and so some find their ONE in highschool, others go through the painful break ups and divorce which leaves them stunned, hurt and crushed but can have another chance.. second chances sometimes end up better than the first, and so on and so forth. Just enjoy the moment and the person you are with, and keep the expectations to heart and see where things go. You will know in your heart what works for you.
Enjoy the trip and smile.....
I think there are people out there that are the "right one for me", etc. but I am finding it tougher and tougher to find "the one for me". Of course this has to do with the fact that alot of women my age are married. Without going into too much needless detail, I was out of the "singles scene' for a long time. I was in a relationship with a woman that I almost married. To make a long story short, we broke up and went our seperate ways. What I have found is that being single is so much tougher when you have been out of the game. You keep telling yourself to "not make the same mistake twice", but you quickly find out how distracting those words can be.
As for the commitments vs. "not legally binding relationships" question, I say whatever makes you happy, do it. As my father used to say, when you are in love everyday is a Honeymoon, whether you are married or not.
Wow, that's a heavy question ... I found my "one," but who knows if there is a "one" out there for everybody ... there are 8 billion people in the world, so there probably is a good chance, right?
Los: Im referring to swingers and the life style that you may have more than one..."the one"??? Is it a life choice, would it prevent people getting divorces? I don't know...I do think it needs more thought and research!
sm316:Isn't dating a lot like a gift from your grandma? You know it's either money or something you will be selling at a garagesale OR give to goodwill! LOL
Sunshine: I often find that I don't "fall in love" as I once did...I feel less and less, and try to enjoy the "moments"...
hammer: Wise advice as always! LOL *bows*
Jim: Im so busted!!! LOL Jim have a great time and We all expect a full picture blog about it!!!!
Mike: Thank you!
Christina: So, as Women, we should get a "bigger hammer" heheheh JK!!! ~mumbles~ I just know this square will fit in the round hole...just a couple more hammers!!!
That is a great comparison, Superstar, and it is very true. Everyone you meet could either be "The One", or somebody that you never want to see again. Tru indeed.
My theory is that if we all told the truth, everyone would be very lonely in this world. Humans were never meant to know the honest truth.
isn't that the million dollar question..I wish I had the answer because then I would be rich..I would share them with the world ...
I guess I will have to settle for being rich in the love of my family...couplehood is about taking chances ..and sometimes you win and sometimes you lose but in the end it is better to have experience love I think..but don't ask me aI am a serial dater...
You took the words right out of my mouth, Just Telling It Like It Is. I am a serial dater myself. I really do want to settle down ( I didn't up until about a year and a half ago), but have not been able to. I don't know if it is I really still don't want to, or because the "right person" has not come around yet. I guess only I can answer that.
Post a Comment