Our first night at a Luau...
This is on a Nature Tour...First stop Boyodo Temple and cemetery. You can have your pet and/or the both of you laid to rest here...
Before entering, you must first ring the bell, with the stick. (Is it just me, or does this remind anyone of the "gong" show?)
Here is the whole picture of the temple.
Temple isn't complete without budah....
This is call "Chinaman's Hat"...don't get all PC on me...that is what they call it. OK on a map it's called, Laie Point.
Here is where they film "Lost". If anyone watches...They were out filming last week, so I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill ya...hehehehe...JUST kidding. The filming is all true...damn those people are really "beautiful" for being "lost" aren't they?
Y'all, I haven't a clue the name of this area, other than it's the NW side of the island and the rock is supposed to look like an Aligator.

This is were all the visitors can swim with the endangered green sea turttles. DON'T touch them...otherwise you will get hauled off to jail. It's also where the video of Sheryl Crow was filmed, Sugarland, and 50 first dates. FYI this is known as "the north shore"...Best "tubes" for surfers.

I arrived at the Dole Pinapple Plantation, ready to buy and ship my very own picked pineapple. What? GET this, they are not grown in Hawaii anymore. They now grow Kona Coffee....WHAT?!?!?!?! I did learn something, these fruits are part of the bramilliad family and therefore NO hummingbirds are allowed on the island. WHY? cross pollination, would leave every tree and plant blooming pineapples. I did not know that!
I HAD to go through the maze, but was turned away, as they were closing in 15 min. Bummer..
Finally, I had to show y'all the PINK pineapples. They are PINK! They have red ones too! I can't beleive they have PINK ones!We finished the there and had pineapple Ice Cream, in a waffle cone. So where does Dole grow the pineapples now? philippines. Yeah, I couldn't figure out that one. Something about the labor being cheaper. Oh and in case some of my "political" readers wanted to know, yes, that is the Dole of the BOB DOLE candidate for President. ~rolls eyes~
Well, that concludes Part one of the tour. Please, remember to leave your hands and feet in the magic carpet at all times, leave comments and don't forget to recycle!!!
~waves~
So, what do you think so far?


12 Left me pearls of wisdom:
Great Pictures... Thanks for sharing, sounds like you had a great time... You know we need more dirt.... WELCOME BACK! Can't wait for the next post...
Oh how I miss Hawaii, I really have to get back home. Did you visit the toilet bowl while at the North Shore? Did you see the big pink hospital? Fun stuff.
Very nice. Alligator? Who's spiking the pineapples?
Funny enough, those are almost the same pics that the lady i work with showed us after her vaca to Hawaii! Where are the pics of you and dude? That is REALLY waht we are waiting on!
It looks like you had a lot of fun!
nice pix! if i end up seeing you on an episode of Lost, i know how you got there!
That looks like some beautiful scenary. I need a vacation so bad!!
Wow - you got some really great pictures so far. I'm guessing you're having a really good time! I mean, how couldn't you? You are in Hawaii afterall!
Damnit! I dissapear for a few months and BAM you go off to Hawaii without me! WOW...I see how you are! Btw, did I mention that I leave for Puerto Rico August 4th?? :-D
Aaaaahhh, Turtle Beach. I heart that place. I totally broke the "stay at least 10 feet away" rule, but I didn't touch them. 3 giant sea turtles (honu, if you're on the island) were sunbathing so I snuck up for some pictures. And I love Chinaman's Hat. That's a great beach. Make sure to go to Waimea Bay and the Blowhole. Germaine's is the best Luau on the island, good job!
That girl: LOL Of course I saw the pink hospital! It reminds me of a Mexican hacienda! LOL I of course asked what bottle of peptobismal exploded on it...hehehe
Sunshine: Thanks! It was too fun
Jen: Keep your panties on dear!
MiniJon: HAHAH I had to buy a map, because I got LOST!!! LOL
SM316: Words can not describe how great a little R and R can really be!!!
Los: I had a great time. I so want to go back now.
Dallas: I have been known to have the ability to fit into a secret luggage piece or two...LOL Puerto Rico! That sounds great!
Wandering girl: How did you ever get your truck and trailor over there? HEHEHE JK!!
So is everyone ready for Pearl Harbor?
My brother (when he is not fighting in Iraq) is stationed in Hawaii, and Laie Point is one of his patrol points when they go on recon missions out there!!
It looks beautiful though! You deserve a vacation!
Post a Comment