BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Cranium Crunch

So many things going on this week, that I can not beleive that it's already Friday!

Next Friday: I leave next Friday for HAWAII!!!! Im so stinkin' excited to go to such a wonderful place! I have been looking on line at all the "recommended" tourista spots. My only hope is that PHXMan's business assiciates have a pulse on the "real" culture. I LOVE to go somewhere and NOT eat at a "chain" resturante, you know like Chilli's or McDonalds? I like to burrow deep into the cultural experience. I bought several new outfits for the trip and for my wardrobe. I can't believe how much weight I truely have lost. I have been feeling a bit sluggish with my workouts, since the accident and not as dedicated to a "diet". Then again, I haven't been eating much at all. ~looks around~ I guess grief has that affect on people. Anyway, I also got new shoes, purses, and such.

School teacher: So, my boss and his boss pulled me from the class today to discuss my position. They wanted to let me know that they hired a new teacher, and that they want me to move to just teaching Social Studies. At first I was really pissed. Isn't that like a demotion, I thought? Then I thought, NO, that is great! I won't have nearly the papers to grade, I can have the "fun" class, and be the LOVED teacher! THEN, (y'all tell me if this is a good or bad thing) my boss said he would like me to CHAIR the committee to OVERSEE the LA dept. *HUUUUUHHHHH???* Let me get this straight, Im not good enough to TEACH it, but Im supposed to CHAIR it? HUH? I feel like Every year Im reinventing lesson plans, and suppliments. I feel like Im NEVER going to get to the point that MOST teachers in their third year are, that they can "coast" along and recycle lessons, and add to or take away, where I don't have to spend so many hours preparing my lessons. Because I invested in the year before me...Plus our owner has several HS locations and keeps trying to get me to teach at the HS level, which I want to do... EVENTUALLY! LOL *sigh* Im really looking at the positives. Hey, at least I still have a job right???


Today's Thinker Topic: So One date Wonder suggested that PhxMan was moving too quickly. Plus he is buying me lots of expensive gifts. So, bloggers, other singles, how fast is TOO fast? When is doing something that makes a person feel better, right or wrong? (buying gifts or paying for dates) Is it possible that the faster you start the faster a relationship burns up or can you really have such a strong connection, that 3 weeks doesn't exist, as you feel that you have known the person longer? Is that what a "soul mate" really is?? Im excited to hear what y'all think!
Have a great weekend!

10 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Angie said...

Vacation: Have a GREAT time and enjoy!!! Even if the others are "duds", have a great time yourself!
School: Being asked to chair a department is great. It may mean they feel your great at the LA area and feel that you can further your "skills" in the history department. The LA area is realistically a History lesson with a twist. I teach all subjects since I am at the elementary level. My lesson plans are never the same year after year, just the kids change. ( this is after 17 years of teaching )
Too Fast/Soul mate: I feel that everyone has a "soul mate" for certain phases of their lives. There could be one soul mate for now and another later on. OR this may be the only "soul mate" you have. Enjoy the time now but be cautious. I think the other readers feel that too fast too soon can hit you like a brick wall and it is hard to pick yourself up afterwards.
(things take time, but in the mean time ENJOY!!!! )

Mike said...

Everyone is different although slower is usually healthier. Since it allows you to see all of the trerrain clearly instead of a blur as you zoom by. The biggest thing is that you move at your own pace and not get caught up in everything. Some people do the fast on purpose to manipulate the other so be careful.

Jim McKee said...

I am SOOO hoping you have an AWESOME time on your vaca. Take LOTS of pictures, and POST 'EM!!!

You think you're not good enough to teach LA... maybe you're TOO GOOD?? That's why they want you in charge, because you ROCK! (Besides, I would think social studies IS more fun than LA.)

Slow or fast is all relative to the people involved. Just don't ignore any obvious warning signs. I want you to be happy, but not to get hurt.

Melissa Boo said...

I was born in Hawaii (Oahu) and can't wait to get back. If you're looking for something "off the beaten path" to eat get a plate lunch from one of the small local places that are ALL over the place. Yum. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Los said...

First - did you know that McDonalds serves crab cakes in Maryland ... I wonder what they sell in Hawaii?

Second, the best part of teaching is having a lesson plan done for the entire year - one you've worked through already, right? You're getting jerked around.

Third - I thought I was moving too fast when I asked my then girlfriend (now wife) to go to Tennessee with me for a friend's wedding when we'd been dating for about 2+ months. Don't know if this helps.

Superstar said...

Sunshine: LOL Im feeling better after reading your advise. ESPECIALLY knowing that you have been teaching for 17 years. I thank you for your wisdom!

Mike: I have a push/pull relationship with how I feel. Im just riding my wave. Only time will tell.

Jim: Yes, since Social Studies isn't "tested" so to speak on the state tests, I do have a significant opportunity to have "a little fun" yes. The thing of it is, that 1. why not hire the "nebie" for that to suppiment me? 2. I see how important it is to have both positions filled w/quality teachers. My students did far better last year than this on the State test, and I contribute that to having a solid teaching staff, and a "partner" in the SS dept. while I taught LA...so yeah, I do think I rock...just a little crappy onthe delivery...IMHO

That girl: Welcome! I went to your sites! I can't wait to hear more about the Ta'ta's! LOL
Can't wait to share my "real" hawaii stories, vs the tourist traps!

Los: LOL I do feel like I jerked around, but ~ shrugs~
I still can't help but feel removed and excited to have a lot of fun in my classes, while they will be getting a suppliment to reading, and writing.
LOL Of course your advice helps...I guess it's all subjective.

none said...

I hope you have a great time on vacation.

As far as the job goes..it's politics and bureacracy, no logic or sense involved. I think just rolling with it is the way to go.

minijonb said...

ooh! have a great time in the islands!!!

Anonymous said...

FYI I have lived in Maryland all my life. McDonald's does not serve crabcakes here, I promise.

And I didn't say he's moving too quickly for sure. I was just pointing out that this is a person you really don't know too well. It's as much sound relationship advice as it is safety. Just be careful, that's all I'm saying.

snowelf said...

Hey Super,

I totally see where ODW is coming from, so just make sure to judge how YOU feel. Some guys just find that giving gifts is the easiest way to show affection. I meet people all the time that I just trust immediately and I think a lot of the time, you just know. So if you feel comfy, go and have a wonderful time!! You've never been one to just hang on to someone who didn't meet your needs--remember the smothery dancer guy?--everything felt way too fast with him and you ditched him just as fast. PhxMan's gotta be doing something right. ;) I'm just a "when you know, you know kind of person."

--snow

p.s. Congrats on the weight loss too! You rock! :)