BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 04, 2008

Potty Mouth!!!

SOOOOO let me tell you all about WHY I am sick again. That is right, I have a cold/flu/pnuemonia again, something that makes me hack like a 3 a pack a day smoker.
The day started like any other. Then my 7/8th grade class came into my day. That is right. What do you get with 25 pre-pubecent insolent foul mouthed little tarts?
ANNNNYYYYOOONNNNNEEEE?????
LET ME TELL Y'all
You get words like N*gger* ( I can't even say it...I refer to it as the "N" word) So I start to deal with that issue, when one of my hispanic students tells another to "chinga tu madre"...Yeah, for those non spanish speakin' folk... that = F**K your mother (roughly translated)...So, when I politely remind her that One, that is not appropriate in English or Spanish and TWO, We can use much better adjectives about our mothers, WHEN.....She then denies it. Meanwhile another student says: "Jesh! You kiss your mom w/ that potty mouth"? LOL Then she turns to me and tells me to go "chinga su Madre" An then says it in ENGLISH to ME?!?!?!?! ~rolls eyes~
I am so done being the vice principal, teacher and mother/father. Meanwhile, I have to call Dad, because, oh I don't know, perhaps the principal thinks that I have nothing else to do teaching 9 classes a day...HMMMMMM..Meanwhile I tell Dad what his precious daughter said...He was EMBARRASSED, and all he could say, was, " well she was in a bad mood". Really?
REALLY???
SERIOUSLY???
Because, when I was in a bad mood, and said that to an adult(you know back when I was 13), my mouth got washed out w/ soap, sometime before or after the backside of a hand (with rings and all!). ~shakes head~ Mumbles...Bad mood...

So yeah, I am sick again.
~throws hands in the air~
Yeah, I am speechless. I get that the "n" word is in ALL the rap songs now and even used in "casual" conversatrion. I really try to be "hip" and "kewl"...I just can not HELP but be offended for the African Americans who ignorantly USE that with each other. Expressions like, " What up my N***ER"....
Bloggers, I maybe sheltered and all, but can someone tell me WHY expressions like this are ok...why is it accepted? Why would African Americans address each other in this crude and disrespectful way. It would be like me a White chick calling another, a honky/white trash/cracker...As though I am "better" than them.
Maybe I am missing something???
Anyone have any info on this???
Can anyone teach the teacher???

11 Left me pearls of wisdom:

snowelf said...

I really really hate that word. I find it repulsive. Not as repulsive as the C word, but a very close second. Like a hair...

Your kiddos have no idea what a cool teacher they are gifted with.

--snow

none said...

People who use that word casually have no self respect. It also shows in the manner of dress and basic attitudes towards life.

Sorry you're sick. It's an epidemic! I'm fighting off my second bout with it right now.

Christina_the_wench said...

OH look. A racist ass. ^^^^^^
An anon one to boot. Some people need to put down their chew, change out of their bib overalls and come to the year 2008.

Jen said...

Let's hear about the pilots you chinga -ers! LOL Little Spanglish for ya! LOL

Superstar said...

Anonymous: I value EVERYONE's opinon on this matter. While I find your side of it on the opposite side of my fence...I thank you.

Th N word brings such hate and vile with every word I read. I sounds as though you might have been a victim? I only say that, because the tone of your writing, suggests that you may have been, (or close personal friend/family) been violated by a ignorant African American.

I am curious, why would I want to live among them? I sounds as though, if they can not respect themselves, I wouldn't sstand a chance.

Jen: LOL ;o) Haven't even met him in person. We are all about the e-mail and texting...

Wenchy: LOL I Heart you!
LOL my overalls and....*giggles*
I am from Southern upbrining and collard greens...still the N word...not ok to say EVER!!!!

Hammer: Welcome! I have been following you over at Honest John. Thank you! I agree. ignorance...

Snow: LOL ;o) Today, they shot me w/ pellets and "airguns"...the 2008 version of spit wads.
~shakes head~
NICE!!!!

Los said...

I can't say the "n" word at all ... I feel too embarrassed by it. I've been confused at how it's ok for some people to use it, but others are not allowed ... makes no sense to me.

It's not like my German buddies are going around calling me Nazi, and all is cool ...

Anonymous said...

I don't use the word at all, but I've heard great masters of spoken word use it very effectively in performance.


Remember when "redneck" wasn't a badge of honor and was an actual slur? I do.

My understanding of how some of the younger folks who use the n word is that the actual word no longer has power if you don't allow it to have power. Their frequent use of the word has diminished its strength to do harm. I understand where they're coming from now that I've read "racist man's" post. If it's just another word, his use of the word is just a minor annoyance - not a major hurt.

Art_Fulldodger said...

Well I might as well chime in on the subject of the N word. First of all, don't hate me for seeing both sides of the fence here ok.

1) Why is it that in the Black community its perfectly ok for them to call each other Nigger as some sort of greeting or cool thing to say? Yet when a non-black person even thinks about uttering the word, Black people act like they just raped there mother or something, its so bad? Seems to me the black race should either #1, stop using the word as a two sided meaning or #2, stop getting so pissed off if a non-black uses it.

2) Anon has some valid yet twisted points. Anyone who watches TV or reads the local paper knows that there are alot of Black Evangalist / politician types out there that use the race card at every turn for there own advantage and to whip the black community into a frenzy. Usually it involves some sort scandal (See Detroits Mayor) and the get out of jail free card is the "race card". Bottom line is Black people have learned how to work the media and the system to get advantages in the way of jobs (affirmative action), law suit payouts over race discrimination, criminal cases verdicts (O.J. Simpson) the list is endless. Also Slavery and being called an Afican American. NO I wasnt around during the times of slavery and neither was anyone else I have ever known so stop blaming whitey for all the bad shit that happened 200 years ago.
If you live in this Country and enjoy its freedoms as a citizen, your an American. NOT an African American or any other type except just plain old American!

As far as some of the other stuff goes from Anon, IMO its usually its just the environment that people live in that causes alot of the BS. Just watch an episode of "Cops" and you will notice that ignorance is spread across all the races not just blacks. Example, you will see lots of toothless white dudes high and or drunk sitting on the curb in cuffs along with blacks, hispanics, etc ect. being read their rights by the Cops.

Oh and my third point is the entertainment business is the worst for using the N word and making it seem cool to kids, adults etc. Everyone wants to be just like so and so in that movie so they use the N word, right? shame on us for allowing this and paying the crazy movie ticket prices for this crap.

Hops off of soap box

Sassy said...

Wow. Anon scares me. I knew there were people out there that were this intolerant, but had not really run into it so bluntly before. Pretty frightening to see so much hatred.

BTW - my ex-husband is black, and very clearly differentiated between "Nigger" and "Nigga". If it makes a difference. I hated it when he called people nigga. he never said nigger.

Superstar said...

Anon: I say they stand up and take responsibility for WHO they are and WHAT they do TODAY. Stop BLAMING me a caucasion, for s**t that happened 200 years ago. Stop being and acting like a VICTIM and BEING the SOLUTION not the problem. I stand firm I HATE the N word. I HATE that it is used so effing casually and I HATE that I have to correct ANYONE from using it. ESPECIALLY AFRICAN-AMERICANS!!!!! Sista PAAAAAALLLEEEAAEEEEE! Really? Cuz, last I checked we are NOT blood! EEEEEEHHHHHHHHEEEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOO?????

Anonymous said...

good start. You need to work on using the word. it frees you from the frustration of their unacceptable behavior.