BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Weekly writing: Child hood

The Prompts: 5.) What made your childhood bearable? Write about it.


Number one: My Piano. For an entire year, I ran around my grade school, hunting down vacant pianos. I learned the notes. I learned how to place my fingers on those beautiful ivory keys. Then, finally my parents caved in. I got a piano of my own. Of course, my father would tickle the ivories from time to time too. Sadly, once I started sounding better than him, he stopped.


Number two: The Black Stallion. Oh ladies and gents. Before Harry Potter and Anne of Green Gables, there was ~cue trumpets~ The Black Stallion. *sigh* The story of a horse and a boy *I always imagined a tom-boy* but hey, still, a child.


Number Three: My Father's Record Collection. I must have played the vinyl records over and over. Cher's "Gypsies Tramps and Thieves" was a remarkable fav. Then there was ABBA, "Voulez Vous" ah huh! My sister and I were making Karaoke popular before it was even a craze.

Number four: Barbie.
The countless of hours my sister and I would make rooms and have hours of fun with all the outfits. I must say looking back that "Ken" often had the name of a "favorite" boy in the class! I knew then that Ken was "gay". hehehehehe.



Those are the four main staples that made my childhood bearable... The only other thing or person I could add would be my Aunt in PDX. My Childhood without my Aunt would have most certainly ended in grave despair. I am sure that is a story for another day...
What about you? What things made your childhood bearable??


4 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Kristen said...

Barbie's rocked. I guess they still do...unlike those skanky Bratz Dolls.

Kristen said...

Barbie's rocked. I guess they still do...unlike those skanky Bratz Dolls.

Los said...

Do you rememeber the Barbie Bust? It was just her head - girls could put makeup on her and style her hair ... that was freakie.

Just telling it like it is said...

Glad to hear that your better we will have to hang soon!