BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My First CD/Record/cassette

Mama Kat asked us to write about our "first" CD/Record/Cassette.

I am old enough to tell you that I had vinal records! ~rolls eyes~ At least I THINK Grease was my first. The reason I am not so sure if this was my first, is because we all were such a musical family. I do however, remember watching the show EVERY time it was on the HBO. I had every showing highlighted and starred. It didn't matter if it was on at 2a.m. I was there! This was my Mothers first clue that I might have a *pinch* of OCD.

OH did I ever sing along to that record! I even wore the vinal out listening to it so much. Who can not stop and sign along to the famous "Sandra Dee"?

~wags finger~ Don't even try and tell me that you didn't swoon over Franky Avalon and the *sigh* the delightful "beauty school drop out"....*sigh* Yes, bloggers to this day, I am powerless to the request to sing the duet "Summer Nights". Bloggers OH my, Olivia Newton John has nothing on me. There have been some OTHER signers renditions that, yes, sadly I would have to rank as part of the "Gong"Show" quality, or as we call it "scary-o-ke".

Just another thing about me that is crazy: I hate movie musicals. My two exceptions in my *coughs* 29 years, are: 1. The Sound of Music. and 2. Grease. The rest are seriously just two hours of my life I will never get back. I am NOT saying there haven't been some great attempts, i.e. HS Musical, Phantom of the Opera, Moulin Rouge...I am saying that they all get switched off about 20 min into it and I don't even think anyone was the wiser. On that note, I think that should be saved for a different post entirely.

How about you? What was your "first"????

6 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Los said...

I think Footloose is as close to a musical as I can watch ... I start hyperventilating when I start watching a musical ... I think my nose starts bleeding too.

Superstar said...

Los: OMG!!! I know right? *shivers* I heart you!

KatBouska said...

Oooooh Grease! That's a great one. I would totally sing Summer Nights with you!

Kojak said...

In the 1st play I ever acted in, I portrayed Jud in Oklahoma...it's still my favorite of all musicals. I saw Grease in the theater when I was in junior high...GREAT movie!!!

snowelf said...

LOL @ Los! Haha!

My first purchase was Madonna, Like a Virgin. I was convinced I was going to grow up and be her! Yikes, right?! :P

--snow

Superstar said...

Snowelf: I think there is a *pinch* of Madonna in us all? HEHEHE oh maybe I am confusing that w/ the Captain Morgan commercial! ~shrusgs shoulders~ Oh well!
Miss you girl!