Once again, Mama Kat has asked us to write about some VERY interesting ideas. I chose #4 Write about a time when you did something to scare a sibling.
It all started when my sister and I were youngsters. I'd say, about age 7 and her 4. It continued untill we were14 and 10. Now, from that time we lived in a house that the basement had not been finished. One winter my Dad used his "lay-off" time to re-finish the basement. He framed it in, bought all the sheetrock and created this amazing house under a house! It was amazing. He took great care in getting the shag carpet and dark paneling, Red black and white. Then there was that fatful day that Dad finished MOST of the project and that left JUST enough of the basement "unfinished". That my readers creates shadows and the shadows are...well, lets just say the mind is a POWERFUL thing.
So, here is what I would do. My Mom would leave us in home alone, and me being the oldest, I would have to make lunch for us. One of the rooms that Dad left unfinished, was the pantry. Oh yes our kitchen upstairs would be full of food and such, but the pantry had all the back up and multi pack type foods.
This is when I would ask my sister what she would want for lunch. I knew she would want Mac and Cheese, so, I would dare her to go to the basement and get the box. That was when I knew I could get her. She would get to the stairs and turn on the light. Then she would peek down the stairs. Next she would go a couple of steps and then swear she heard something. So I would walk with her to the landing, to turn on the light to the hall downstairs. After that I would make creepy noises and tease her.
A couple of times I would egg her on about not needing me and she would tare downstairs and grab whatever and RACE back up the stairs. One day I hid in the "shadows" and waited for her to come get the Mac and Cheese. She was at her normal racing pace, when I made a noise. She stopped and said, WHO is that? Bambi, is that you? I jumpped out from the dark and said BOO.
She screamed so loud, I think I was partly deaf and she went racing up the stairs as I chased her. IM GOING TO GET YOU!!!!
LOL
Oh readers, don't feel bad...she got me back many moon's later...Remind me to tell you about the "red devil" and the lower patio wood pile!
Funny, We recently went back to our old house that we grew up in...NOT so scary and creapy!
How about you? Any creepy blair witches?
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Writers Workshop
Single Suburbian blah blah blah from Superstar at 9:11 PM

3 Left me pearls of wisdom:
I am the oldest also and your story sounded or so familar. I laughed really hard imagining your story in my head...check out my blog and read the mean thing i did to my sis.
We used to play a "haunted house" game as kids, where everyone would hide in the basement, and one person had to come down and walk through the basement to get scared.
I HATE it when people scare me and I'm so easily spooked!! I would have killed you if you were my sister!
Post a Comment