BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 13, 2007

I have balls...*snort*


I have balls! heheheheh
*snort*
I have balls
Ok so I know that is a sophmoric joke, but I don't care! It's funny! It's as funny as the time Mama EnFuego and I got trashed at my Christmas party, laid under the tree and giggled endlessly about the fact, my tree has blue balls....*giggles*
Ok, so enough about my balls. I will share with you some exciting dating news.
I have joined E-Harmony. *sigh*
While laying in bed, sick and BORED out of my mind, I made a decision. I will not spend another year wandering about searching for Mr Right, only to be surrounded by all the Mr Right Now's and Mr Wrongs. (no offense, just pppaaalllleesse!) OK
Here is my assesment thus far. I have been introduced to 60 men. I closed out about 15 that were just not my cup of tea, or LOVED camping. ~rolls eyes~ no roughing it in a tent for me...NO thank-YOU!!! LOL ;o) 30 or so closed me out before I even read the profile. I kept thinking WOW, that was a snap judgement!
The whole process has been very nice. They have pictures of themselves along with the 900 questions that we all went through. So I FINALLY have made it to open communication with one luck guy. I am amazed at the ease of the process and so far am happy with the quality or caliber of men I am being introduced to.
I know that sounds all snobby, but the simple things, like a JOB are important to me. Go figure. Not to mention, whilst laid up on my sofa/bed rest Dr. orders, I kept thinking, DAMN if onlyI had a cuddle bunny. I was also thinking it would be FABU-Louso to have someone that could pamper me w/ soup and ice chips...hehehehe the 1/2 naked body image in my mind didn't hurt either.
So anyone else use a service like this? Advice or thoughts??? I am eager to hear what you all think.

15 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Anonymous said...

I tried a local service when A and I first broke up - only 1 in about 25 was a possibility, but I was still hung up on A that I didn't take it further.

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

My mom and sis have found Match.com to be quite fun! Nothing long term. I found a little succeess with myspace, I know stop laughing so damn hard! But typically I have ZERO luck!

Superstar said...

Jali: I want to get into a serious relationship. I am sick of these fly by night boys!!!

JustJenn: I am ready to settle down. I am done playin and I am lookin' for a partner in crime! Match.com was full of the Mr. Right Nows...
heheheheh

Los said...

The Rev met his wife on E-Harmony. I hear good things about it. The only negative I heard is that it is too Christian.

Effortlessly Average said...

Oooo, better be caaaareefuuuul Super. You said you dismissed out of hand many who weren't your cup of tea or liked camping, but thought it a snap judgement when so many did the same to you. Could be a kettle/pot thing ya know?

btw, I love camping, especially roaming around the campgrounds stealing beer from the other campers who leave for the beach. heh.

Anonymous said...

I have heard nothing but FANTASTIC things about eharmony - we even know a few people who are engaged/married who met thru the service. I think b/c you have gazillion questions to go through, it helps weed out those who are not serious. And don't your friends have to answer questions about you, too?
Anyhoo, I think it's great! Good for you!

Superstar said...

Los: i remember that now that you say it! I have noticed that the questions have alot to do w/ the religious side. That can be good though...I am firm w/ how I feel about that...I don't see it as a negative.

Effortless: I am not making snap choices...really it was far more than just "camping"...
Let me give you an example. I am 5 10. so I want someone that is my height or taller. I want alot of things really...but one of them that was sent was just all wrong...it was blindingly obvious that he was NOT the match for me!!!
Im a safty girl...no worries!

IAI: I knew you and Mama would be rooting for me.
They send me questionairres to make sure how happy I am w/ services..its a new thing...i will keep you posted!

Anonymous said...

I thought e-Harmony was an mp3 downloading site.

Anyway, good luck. Hell, your blog alone should be drawing, like, 100s of dudes. Although they might not have a job like you're hoping.

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the camping thing! I've run into lots of women that loved the camping thing. I hate camping. If I leave my windows open at night, that's as close to camping as I intend on getting. We evolved beyond living in the woods for a reason!

http://www.migraine_boy98.typepad.com/

minijonb said...

match dot com worked great for me. give it a shot and see what happens.

...just don't mention anything about your balls in the profile...

=:-)

Flash said...

Good luck with mr. potential.

All my friends who have used eHarmony have had no luck or meet complete jerkoffs. but I know some who have found great people.

Paul Champagne said...

A match-making service would scare the shit out of me ... you never know who will really show up ... be careful.

Superstar said...

LBB: You are married. You clearly don't need to worry about it!

Uncle Keith: THANK YOU!!! I am a motel person myself.

MiniJonB: WHAT?!?!? No talking about my BALLS?!?!? hehehehehe

Flash: Mr. Potential! LOL ;o) So far they are being superficial. I trying to get to know them beyond the pictures...LOL ;o)

Paul: I have done it before with Match.com. I am just hoping that this calibur of men will be better than, what I have met so far!!!

snowelf said...

I've heard when you're serious, eHarmony is the way to go cause they don't fuck around. So I've always felt like when I'm really ready and if I have exhausted all my other resources, that is the one I'd try.

I wish you only the best Super, you so totally deserve to be happy.

--snow

Mama en Fuego said...

you already know I met Tony on Match.com and I had already offered to to pay for E-Harmony for you...what else do you want from me woman?!?!?!?