BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 10, 2007

The 5X5 I took from Snowelf





Five Favorite Christmas Movies:


1. The Year without a Santa Clause
2. Jack Frost (the snowman comes to live w/ Mucheal Keton)
3. The Sound of Music
4. The Grinch that sole Christmas (Jim Carey version)
5. The Santa Clause I,II and I want to see the III.

Five Favorite Christmas Songs:


1. Grown up Christmas List
2. God Rest ye Merry gentlemen
3. Breath of Heaven
4. Carrol of the belles
5. Mary did you know (duet with Wy and Kenny Rogers)

Five Favorite Christmas Memories:

1. The year that my Dad fell off the roof hanging lights. He went flying and us girls all started giggling as he landed in the 5 feet of snow. He had that look on his face 1/2 "I meant to do that" the other "holy shit, I can't beleive I didn't break my neck"!!!
2. The year that my Aunt H came to visit and stayed at our house. She normally would get wisked off by my Dad's Father. That was the year that she was prego and didn't know it. Dang...her twins are 18 now! HOW time flies.
3. The last Christmas with my grandfather in '93. It was as though he knew how important it was to stick around for the family. He had a twinkle in his eye even on his last leg.
4. The Christmas my ex-fiance propsed to me on the top of the Space Needle. I was wearing black jeans, a purple shirt and matching V neck. WhoooooooW how time flies!
5. This Christmas, as it maybe the last with my Mother.

Five Favorite Christmas Cookies:
1. Chocolate Chip
2. Fudge (I know it's not a cookie)
3. Butter spritzes w/ the 1/2 cherry
4. lemon Bars (Yes, again, I know it's a bar not a cookie)
5. No bake cookies

Five Favorite Christmas Specials:
1. The Grinch who stole Christmas
2. Nester the long ear donkey
3. Charlie Brown Christmas
4. Rudolf the Red Nose Rwindeer
5. Kenny and Dolly's Christmas special.

I stole this from Snowelf who stole it from someone..so feel free to steal it for you!

Happy Holiday!

11 Left me pearls of wisdom:

minijonb said...

i love top 5 lists. and that story about your Dad is hilarious!!!

Anonymous said...

Warm Christmas sentiments.

How lucky the old man fell in 5' of snow. I x-ray a lot of people who fall while decorating for Christmas. Every damn year.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're in the holiday mood. I haven't done anything yet and it's 2 weeks away. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're in the holiday mood. I haven't done anything yet and it's 2 weeks away. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

I want to be proposed to on the Space Needle... heck I have lived here five months and haven't even visited it yet :)

Los said...

I remember when i was growing up (without cable), I would watch all of the Christmas specials ... mainly because I could stay up later ... but I still try to watch a few of them.

Mona said...

Oh! thank God There was Snow( no puns intended) to break that fall!

Thanks for sharing your sweet memories and wish you a Merry Christmas!

Superstar said...

miniJonB: My Dad is a funny guy!

LBB: XRay tech? WOW! I just had a chest X-Ray this last week. Good times...I love looking at stuff like that.

Jali: More like a panic mood! WE ONLY have 12 more shopping days!!!! AAACCCKKKKKK

Dallas: GO! The food is way over priced but the 360 view is to DIE for! Go at lunch and save a few $$$

Los: The Fam ily Fox channel has the 25 days until Christmas...showing all the shows and claymation specials...Love all of them.

Mona: Hey girl! Welcome! Thank you! I love this holiday! WHOOOHOOOOO!!!
*snaps fingers*
12 days left to shop!!!!
ACCCKKKKKKK!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I also liked the lists.
It's great to have awesome memories, things to look forward to, and appreciate things and people while you have them.

I like how you ended your post. I feel like writing "Married life-blah blah blah after mine

Paul Champagne said...

WOW ... You mean I'm not the only klutz who has fallen off the roof hanging X-mas lights? I thought that only happened in the movies and at my house.

snowelf said...

I think we should get some masks and where them when we steal memes!! :) Bwahahaha! ;)

--snow