BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Dating and World Peace.


So, No, I don't have a first date with a E-Match yet. *sigh*
~folds arms and taps foot~
I know, "relax Super"! Sure! Easier said than done people. ~shakes head~
Lets talk about this. I am alone at the most romantic time of year. You know, the kisses, mistletoe and snuggling romantic fires, scenes of snow outside??? The Hot Cocoa with the little marshmellows? {I think I just threw up in my mouth a little}
*sigh*
It's even snickering at me on every radio station, every TV program, Every commercial is snuggling, jewlery, couples, It's EVERYWHERE! Even Santa has Mrs. Clause...Jesh!!!!
I am pleased so far at the results. I do highly reccomend it IF and WHEN people are READY to meet that special someone.
CHRISTMAS TREE!!!
I got a live tree this year. So today, after getting all my grades calculated for my kiddos at school, I will be decorating it and drinking my egg nog. (Don't worry I have plenty of brandy and vodka for the egg nog! hehehehe). Anyone wanna come over??? I dont like doing the lights. Love the way they look...just putting them on..*sigh* It's my designated "guy" job....Where is HE??? Anyway???
My Mom is here this year and since she is in stage 3 of the bone cancer, My sister and I are really trying to make this the BESTEST one ever. I can't beleive how well she is doing. She has even been spending time with her grandkiddos. Since they are 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 they are more independant making it easier to take care of them. Overall she is doing really well. I just keep thinking how much the human body can take. {she is in active rejection of the lung transplant she had 7 years ago, whilst battling the breast, brain and bone cancer.} OK, I have stalled enough for the day.
Hope you are all having a festive holiday. Anyone else love/hate the tree decor, or have issues with what people put on the tree?

13 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Los said...

Hey Superstar - make sure mom has a fantastic Christmas, and make sure to give her a hug from me.

I think you should do a blog story on your favorite Christmas lights and/or decorations.

Yoda said...

All this couply stuff make me throw up too. Seriously, could they not rub it into the single people's faces?!?!? Jeeeeez.

I wish the very bestest Christmas to your Mom and like Los, give her a hug from me :-)

Christina said...

I don't have a tree. I am a bit sad about it since this is my first Christmas that I will not be heading home!

Anonymous said...

Fly me out there with all of your extra teaching cash that flows, and I will put up your lights and drink some egg nog with you.
I feel for you being manless, but don't be fooled by all the "perfectness" appearing out there. It's never idylic.

Los had a great idea, hug your mom for me too.

Jim McKee said...

Bambi...
1. Y'know, if I had money to fly out to you, I would gladly help you with the lights, the snuggling, and oh yes, that thing you do under the mistletoe (It's been a while, so my memory is kinda fuzzy... I might need a refresher course, teacher!)
2. My dad has been in the hospital the last few days with pneumonia... just found out yesterday that, underlying the pneumonia, he has COPD... He quit smoking in 1989, but smoked for 35 yrs before that, so of course there was a certain amount of irreparable damage...
3. I am, as we speak, drinking a mug of hot cocoa with little marshmallows in it, and thinking of you.
4. Hon, you live in Phoenix - what scenes of snow outside? (Unless you mean on TV, LOL!)

Much love to you!

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for your Mom!

All holidays suck when you are alone, maybe Santa will put someone decent under your tree this year.

Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

Watch '27 Dresses' trailer and watch out for the last bit... i feel so much better when i saw that trailer heheheh

jali said...

I'm glad your Mom is there to celebrate with you and that she feel well enough to spend time with the kids.

Superstar said...

Los: You RAWK! Thank you and Mom LOVED her hug.
She did ask me what "cyber" was...*shivers* never thought I would have that conversation w/ my MOTHER!!!

Yoda: Thank you! I know huh? Jesh lay of the kissy huggy hug crapp! Unless of course Santa is there to deliver Mr RIGHT!!! hehehehe

Christina: I didn't do a tree last year and it was kinda bizzarro!

Wreckless: LOL What extra teaching $$$?? I just found out our Christmas bonus is really Prop 301 money that we are OWED anyway! Don't get me started....*sigh*

Jim: I teach all day, why on earth would I want to continue at home??? JK...Pucker up *smoches*

Uncle: Can you get a good word into santa for me?!?!?!

Jali: Thanks girl! Somehow all my other problems are really small compared to the issues w/ Mom.

Sane: Trailer? What double wide are you talking about? LOL ;o) I haven't heard of that...I am a bit out of it w/ end of year and Mom here...sorry!

The OE said...

It is generally difficult to coerce a covert operative into anything, much less a Christmas tree. However, this year I am facing a weapon of mass destruction...my five year old nephew.

Mama en Fuego said...

Oh and BTW give your mom a hug from me. I'd muck the stalls for her but...well.... you know ;)

Superstar said...

Mama: WHAT?!?!? You wanna go on vacation to CLEAN my mothers horse stalls?!?!?!? LOL ;o) YEAH Talk about embarassing moments in MY life! First We have the added expense of a hotel room, then I am supposed to TELL not ask my Sissy/BFF to CLEAN the poop in the stall?!?!?!
~fans face w/hand~
OHHHHH that woman! hehehehhehe

NO BLINKING LIGHTS...Just because I sell them doesn't mean I want them on ANY of my decor. The fiber optic tree is the MAX!!!!!

OE: Welcome...Covert tree Op???? I am totally in! When does the "duck and roll" plane ride start?!?!?!?
*giggles*
MMMMMMMMMMM
eggnog, brandy and vodka are just SOOOOOO yummie!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about mom, Bambi. Sounds like a tough lady. Wish her all the best.

Yeah, I feel the same way you do about Xmas decorations. I LOVE them, but I hate the work. And I sense the irony when I'm hanging lights when I haven't painted my house trim in 4 years!

Priorities.