BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My to do list...


The Prompts:

1.) What will you be doing now that the kids are back in school?(inspired by Michelle from Honest And Truly)

2.) Things I have learned from my toddler.(Inspired by Big Mama Cass from The World Through My Eyes)

3.) What would you put in your favorite things giveaway?(inspired by Jill from Scary Mommy who is having a favorite things giveaway right NOW! Check it out!!)

4.) Hi, my name is ______ and I am a _______.(inspired by Emmy from Emmy Mom One Day At A Time.)

5.) If these walls could talk...(inspired by JennyMac from Let's Have A Cocktail)


~rolls eyes~
Where is my muse today? Sarcasam? Hello???
What prompt speaks to me???
I don't have any children of my own, however, as a school teacher I have 60+ kiddos this year. So What will I be doing now that the kids are back in school?
Other than keeping them on task and in their seats? I will be spending long hours reading papers and grading. Creating lots of homework for me! I will be copying packets and checking for understanding. I will be putting up with parents who refuse to accept that some children NEED medication while others can honestly live and holistically treat themselves with diet.
I will be making phone calls home to let you know about bad choices and consequences for them. After 7 hours of convincing and training your children to remember manners, you know the Please, may I and thank yous are common phrases that I have to repeat to them, and asking them to repeat. Teaching is not just about the reading, writing, math and history. It is about the social well being of a child too.
I have to field questions that seem inconceivable, such as, "What if I don't live with my Mom or Dad." What if I don't have a Mother or Father?: What if....*sigh* Redirecting kiddos to think positive, providing them choices and showing them they are not "stuck" in whatever and where ever they live. They often stop the what if game, and "stalling" when I tell them I know how they feel, and I lost my Mom too.
Now that the kids are back at school my real education and background in social work is called into play. Now that the kids are back in school, I am in bed by 9-930pm and up at 5am. Some ask Why on earth I do this...LOL
The light at the end of my tunnel is the vacations. When the "break" arrives and I have a week off or I am home at Christmas w/pay....I thank God that I am working and have the opportunity to change kids lives!

0 Left me pearls of wisdom: