BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 07, 2009

Happy Holidays

Yes, Yes, Yes, I know, I know.

I have been MIA.
Sorry
~waves~
Here is the deal. I started teaching a this ultra "high functioning" student driven "project based learning" SCHOOL. I imagined that I would be dealing with some advanced pre-teens. ~shakes head~
That is what I get for "thinking" (said in a high falsetto). *sigh*
Here is what I ended up with.
Project based. Check
Teacher driven ~tires screeching sound~ EEERRRCCCHHH
WHHHOOOAAAA! There you go again "thinking". HMMMM Bambi!

Anyway, As I was saying, the students are a mix of 2-3 grade levels ahead of themselves or I have middle of the road, spoon feed me the answers, lazy teens. Stir that up w/ the projects and my primordial soup comes out a weeeeee bit salty and sweet.
The high functioning parents of the uber smart ones send e-mails begging for, get this, MORE work, while, my "skating on thin ice" teen parents are upset that we are not the "magic pill" to their "little darlings" inability to do ANYTHING on their own. Frankly, I wonder how 1/2 of them wipe their own a$$es. Then I do the responsible thing and worry about if these kids will be the generation that I will need to RELY on to wipe mine...
~shakes head~
SOOOOO, sorry I have been absent from here....but, check out my homework writing project sometime. Some of the kids' work is AMAZING! I am so proud!

SOOOOO, what has been up w/ you guys. ~kicks up heels~ I will be around to spread some holiday cheer!
NO GRUEL this year!
*smooches*

0 Left me pearls of wisdom: