BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 28, 2008

Im not dead..



Im just neck deep in grading papers and trying to be the "kewl" Social Studies teacher.

*sigh*

Seriously, this is as bad if not WORSE than when I was a sub. Im still learning the history and I am still trying to figure out who, what, when, why, how of history. The rise and fall of this and the hostile, or expansionism of the west...Im ready to start putting my resume together and RUN!!!!

I hate not knowing the timing of how long a "concept" will take. Those of you who really know me, know that Im the type to sweat buckets when Im really nervous....so there I am....dripping, not only because Im HOT in the 112 degree weather, but rather an English teacher TRYING to teach Social Studies.

Something about the "Age of Imperialism" the wrath of Kong and the great wall of China...Im lost on my map, some place in the expansion of the west and all the capitals of the United States....*sigh*

SOOOOOOOO all excuses said, Im off to grade papers and read all about what Im supposed to teach my teeny-whores tomorrow...Wish me luck!

~kicks up heels~

Anyone ever have a 1/2 cracked/baked teacher that was faking it to make it?

9 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Dallas DYSfunction said...

Its 75 degrees up here in Canada...I mean Seattle.. might as well be Canada though as crazy as these people are!

Dallas DYSfunction said...

I WAS THE FIRST! I RAWWWWK. HELL YEAH ! WOOT! ...its the little things...

Angie said...

find soem of the literature books that focus around history.. turn your lessons into a discussion of the who? what ? where's? why? and how? History can be fun but it is a bitch doing all the leg work to put it out there... good luck

Flash said...

This is summer vacation!!! Take a break, slip into a bathing suit and rock out!

Just telling it like it is said...

Awe hang in there...I loved history I'm sure you'll do fine..I know show a lot of movies then you'll really be cool!!!

Christina_the_wench said...

I am reminded of Mark Harmon in Summer School. Damn, he was fine.

Anyways, ahem, it's almost over. Just remember that the teeny boppers can't fire you.

snowelf said...

Hey Super, I totally did. He was my Geography teacher. Everyday he'd just pass out maps and we'd color in countries. Never gave us a single lecture.
I used the time to flirt with hottie surfer boy Lonnie Mundis, who was actually just flirting with me so he could date my friend instead. Idiot. He got a ton of acne the next year and was not nearly as cute--although his idiot-ness probably had a lot to do with that too... ;)
Now I'm curious--do teachers gossip about students and their relationships?lol!

Hang in there girly! Its a lot of work, but I know you can do it!!

--snow

Superstar said...

snowelf: OF COURSE!!! AND we totally make fun of them!!! LOL Right now, I have enough material for at least 6 seasons of a sitcom and that is just the drama w/ the staff!! HEHEHEH

Sunshine: I don't know, Im sick of WORKING so hard when Ive already done the leg work on the LA stuff. I KNOW my strands and concepts. Im just frustrated that the ditz in my previous job, doesn't even LIKE the kids...ya know?? LOL

Flash" we are a year around school, so my summer was June...LOL

Christina: I know right??? LOL I was SO HOT for that teacher!!

Darn girl: SHOW movies?? HA and end up like that Scottsdale teacher w/teeny-whores giving BJ's in the back??? NO thanks!!!
JK! I do have lots of movie type documentaries...that helps.

Ddalls: You're too hot, you're too cold...LOL Welcome to Seattle!!! You could always be in PHX roughly 114 today...LOL

Los said...

I'm betting that quite a few of my teachers were winging it ... we had quite a few who were there for many years, so they were probably just coasting once they got their syllabus together.