NOOOOOOOOO I am not dead...Im just dealing with my Mom's will and trust.
*sigh*
I haven't shared much about what is going on w/Mom's passing. Here it is readers digest version:
Mom passed. My sister and I cleaned her house from top to bottom. We spent 3 days cleaning, organizing and separating out items that had to be sent to certain people. Then we a donation pile, a trash pile and a put into storage pile. After all that work, my Mom's appointed "trustee" a personal friend, stepped in and started taking over. She stated that no additional items could be removed from the home. That all the possesions were HERs and that we OWED her up to a 25% fee for services of trustee....LOL AS IF!!! ~rolls eyes~
At the funeral, she proceeded to take out 30 years of pictures that were arranged in a Powerpoint slide show, basically erasing her life married to my Father. *none of the pics had my Dad in them...just jumped to her 2nd marriage* At the funeral, at a CHURCH she and 2 of my Mothers other friends used profane language including the F-Bomb and kicked him out.
KICKED A MAN OUT OF A CHURCH!!!
~shakes head~ WHOOOOO does that??? Seriously??? I should have hired an attorney THAT very moment.
Anyway, the trustee wanted to take "proceeds" and donate to hospice, which my sister and I are fine with, AFTER my Mom's affairs are settled. AFTER. In the last 3 months, the trustee has not provided any paperwork, bank statements, or documents for my sister or I.
This lead me to HIRE AN ATTORNEY!!! This has angered Trustee Rot w/Power and she will call several times a day and leave nasty messages. SOOOOO, I just call the attorney and asked if he can make Ms. Trustee Rot w/Power go away. She told the attorney that my sister and I need to be punished and that we left our Mother to "rot" up in Spokane. *clears throat* EXCCCCCUUUUUSSSSEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEE?????
~hand on hip~
Yeah, so as of right now, something that should be a small estate, relatively easy to handle, has now become the equivalent to the trial of the century....
I think I will serve her w/ a restraining order and kick her out of the graveside services scheduled for August...What do you think? Is that just rewards for the grief that she has caused? All I can think of is that horrible day, that I should have been able to say good bye, and all I could do is be forced to CHOOSE between the love and support of my Father and the vile of that woman....WHO stated it was my Mothers wishes....BULLSH*T!!! That is what I think....
Any suggestions?


8 Left me pearls of wisdom:
The attorney is definitely a good move. I'm sure your mother would be horrified if she knew her "friend" was treating her children like this. It's too bad the woman has no connection to that understanding. I hope it all turns out okay in the end. Good luck and hugs...
I am so sorry that you and your sister have to deal with someone like that after the passing of your mom.
Getting an attorney to protect your interests and the estate of your mom is a smart move. Let the attorney deal with your wishes so that you have limited contact with that piece of crap!
Hugs!
Sat to hear you have to go through this. Sounds like you're handling it the best you can.
Hopefully, someday this ordeal will turn into some kind of funny story ... hopefully, that someday is soon.
I wish ya the best with this Superstar. Hang in there!
Glad you got the attorney! I would keep her awat in August any way you can! She should not be allowed to do this to you and other blood relatives! The "power" of her postion has gone to her head and thus makes her unable to do her job. Good Luck....
Yeah, you're going to have problems with that one!
The vultures come out on death!
Hang in there sweets, and if you need, Tony Montana will be happy to pay that one a visit!
sheesh...
that sounds like a lot of no beno fun..sorry girlly hang in there...
Life has it's funny little ways of working out and then crazy woman will get what is comming to her..and yes press charges...
huggs you sound like you need them
sorry to hear about this... some are just nuts! I would love to tell you to kick the A$$ to the curb but sometimes if there are legal powers entrusted it is hard... you can always take the other road and be as sweet as pie and get her when she doesn't expect it. Go to your moms house when sheis not there or doesn't knwo when u are there and start taking things you want etc. She cannot possible know everything that is there.. it is your mom for God sake.. YOUR MOM.... keep with the attorney, at this point you need to protect yourself...
Post a Comment