BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Back to work/school!



All right all you fun bloggers, it's BACK to school time here. Can you believe that kids are alread back in school? ~shakes head~

Tomorrow is finish getting my room ready, lesson planning, last min organizing the craft materials and finalizing a school wide schedule!!!

OH, Wal-Mart has 70 page notebooks on sale for .05 cents each!!! I got 100 for $5. WHOOO HOOO. That beat Target at the .10 cents for the same thing.

So, most of you know about my "replacement" for teaching the Language arts, while I am the "chair" of the dept. *I hate admin type roles, but I will play along...afterall I went through and they kept me paid and employed* ANYWAY, new LAteacher keeps asking questions about the ciriculum and books, and asking for books, meanwhile, I have shown her 3 times where she can find the materials. Maybe Im missing something, but I would think that a teacher that has 6 years teaching would KNOW how to write a lesson plan by now?? Perhaps I am ASSUMING??? hehehe we all know what that can lead to. ~looks around~ What was my point? OH, yes, well, I finally went to my boss, WHO BTW didn't hire her, he was TOLD she would be working there, and told him: "Look, I just have to let you know that I have lead the horse to water, and so has my work husband NewFish, and yet she still keeps asking the same questions over and over.

He told me not to worry, as he rolled his eyes, He promised to meet w/ her to be sure, that I don't have to hold her hand...LOL Really? Seriously? She has 3 1/2 yrs of teaching experience MORE than I. Yet, I am thinking that she is a dim wit.

I am MOST excited for the new year to begin and get the kids into the building. I can't explain it, but there is such an "energy" that kids give you when they are around. *sigh*

So, who wants to share a favorite "back to school story"? Flash? OH, Los, I bet has a great one...It can be anything, from any grade. What are the smells you like? Was a favorite teacher involved? Why or what made that person your favorite teacher? Don't give me your "hot for teacher" Van Halen crapola either...LOL toss in some hyperbole and danger!!! Remember, Ill be grading!!! heheheheh

6 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Angie said...

Back to school is depressing for me, but then again I do not start until August 25 with kids
( inservice is August 21st ), but you are right I love the first couple days when you can really train them and then the energy dies down into a month or so and your beggin for christmas vacation and then summer vacation is right around the corner once you get throught the drab January and February months... I had a chuckle with your notebook story, I went to the grocery store last night and they had single subject notebooks... 5 cents each.. I thought I hit the mother load!!!!
Stories... I teach in a catholic school and any guy that I go out with on a date always asks if I wear a uniform with knee socks.... "hot for teacher"?

WanderingGirl said...

When I was in kindegarten, I had this blue and white gingham check dress with a Bugs Bunny apron. I wore it the first day of school, and begged my mother to wear it every day after that. Thank goodness she didn't. I think there was a funeral for the dress when I outgrew it.

none said...

I hate the end of summer. It feels like I have to go back to school.

It's the stuff nightmares are made of.

I do like new spirals though...

Los said...

I remember lining up at the bus-station, getting ready for the bus to take me off to school for the first time ... getting ready to leave my mom, and not knowing what to expect (Kindergarten). But I also remember how excited I was about the Disney lunchpail I had.

Just telling it like it is said...

What I loved was wearing new closes the smell of the fresh clean crisp air that would follow with the start of football..cheering and the new year of learning...okay not really the learning part but i LOVED school!!!! Yeah for teachers!!!

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed my summer holidays and now ready for back to school.