BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Taking the long way




I heard this song this morning. *see my "theme song"*


I can't help but feel, minus the pink RV, (although, I should discuss that w/ my tour manager)that the chicks wrote this song just for me.


~puts hand up~ I know many of my fans HATE the chicks, but Im hear to say, that wether you love, like or dislike, hate they wrote some great songs on this last CD. (they did win several grammys...)


OK, so what is my point?
I think I am taking the long way. How? I recently had a conversation with our dear friend, whom some may remember as Dirty Birdie, or Mama en Fuego, Sockpuppet or Beckala. (~waves hand~ yes, yes, it's the drugs people.bear with me). My point is, we were talking about why I am still single.
I get that question, more as an opening line now, than a question from people. "why are you STILL single?"
~points to nose~
HMMMMMM great question. *giggles*
Here is what I have decided. I think, in all honesty that being and staying single is the most liberating thing I could EVER do for myself. I am single because I want to be. Because I can be.
~light appears from above and a chorus sings~
When I realized that I am single, and actually LOVE the freedoms my life offers, I felt the weight of the world lifted.
While I stand here spouting off that I want to be in a relationship, that I want to get married and have kids (althought I am seriously reconcidering the latter, waves hand) I realize that I have to get rightous with being single first. I have to be happy with me. I have to accept the fact that, maybe my destiny from the higher power is for me to move through this life single, flirty and fun.
WOW
*sigh*
Is that not deep?
Single people is that not the most profound thing you have heard all weekend?
~rolls eyes~
OK. OK .OK.
So, Im not Ghandi or anything, but seriously. I can not even begin to imagine my life over the last months with a boyfriend/Significant other/husband. I mean, and if I had kids and a broken neck? OMG!!! While some may thing, "at least you would have had someone to tell you it's all ok...or hug and comfort you...or...~stop~ I had friends, family and of course the hot male nurses!!!
Then I listen to my "theme" song for this week. I am really taking the long way. More over my self discovery, is simply in MY time not my grandmothers time, my Father's idea of life, but MY OWN way!!!
I would love to find my "soulmate". Do I think they are out there? Yes, I think HE might be...should I never find him? Well, then, so be it. Perhaps it's not my destiny.
I am hoping for some serendipity, devine intervention, or perhaps, just that blind luck. Meanwhile I can still search on Match.com. *giggles* no more "little friends".
Any thought's from you all???

8 Left me pearls of wisdom:

k.thedoula said...

This was a nice thing to read.
Yeah, it is common for people to think! Gosh, I wonder why she is still single. But the fact of the matter is that this is a really big compliment.
You are obviously funny and kind and smart. All qualities that people like.
I have a friend who is single (got married young and divorced a few years ago) and loving it.
She says the same things you do. It is liberating to have a bowl of popcorn for supper and go get a manicure on the weekend, eat fast food with a book to read. Life is good.
Hope you are feeling better soon!

Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

Many of my friends are having troubles in their marriage. So phew... singlehood rules now. For me.

Trée said...

Singlehood is a glorious thing and it is nice to see someone celebrating it rather than the opposite. Thanks for the visit. :-)

Los said...

It's fine to be single ... you shouldn't be out hunting for the right guy anyway ... that never turns out right ... Enjoy being single ... you'll eventually be hit by cupid when you least expect it (you've probably heard that about 1 million times, right?).

Jen said...

I have a friend who I have known online for a LONG time. We just never hooked up. Well now he is engaged, she lives with him. He was online last night, I was like where is ole girl, he said downstairs, I was like why aren't you down there with her? He didn't have a good answer, he was just doing his own thing. So basically the new had already warn off and they aren't even married! I just couldn't imagine that, I already felt sorry for him. Then I was glad I am single, I can spice it up when I need to, or keep it the way I want. I don't ever want life to get boring! I am single b/c I choose to be.

Jim McKee said...

Please allow me to be the voice of opposition... I firmly believe that we, as human beings, are meant to couple up. Personally, life for me runs far smoother when I am involved in a mutually-committed relationship. Everyone has certain circumstances in which they best reach their potential... that's mine.

Now, having said that, I don't think you should spend a major amount of your time "looking", nor should you worry or beat yourself up if it doesn't happen within a certain amount of time. Devote yourself to enjoying your life and doing the things you really love... At some point, you will encounter someone who also enjoys (at least some of) those things... You will not have to try to make things work with this person, they just "will".

You have always struck me as the kind of person to whom others are just drawn... So just be patient... and don't necessarily limit yourself to "hotties"... generally, they tend to be players, and full of themselves.

Jen said...

Hottie I get, but we all have standards. Like right now, I have a guy who likes me, who is tall, 6'9", but he has a big nose and I can't get past it! Am I awful or what? He can get past my fat ass but I can't get past his nose???

snowelf said...

Ha! I just wrote about this too. Not in the same way, but the same subject. :)

I'm like Jim, I am better in a couple--which is why I don't function well without a "guybestfriend", but I won't settle for less than what I want when it comes to a commitment and if I can't have a mutually respectful relationship, I'd rather be alone That's where the "choice" comes in--there's a lot of guys you could have settled for, but why be in a miserable relationship just to be in one?

love ya girlie!

--snow

p.s. I think I should move to AZ, cause every single client I talk to because of work who lives there is SOOOOO ridiculously nice. I even had one of my clients I've been working with invite me and the chilis to come stay with her and her hubby anytime. I told her I had a friend that lived there and we could party it up!! :P