BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

His "little" Friend!





So did I mention that I got this fancy trial membership to Match.com? For some of my long time readers, this might be a review. For the new folks, match.com offered me a three month trial. They asked only that I can meet men and blog about my dating experiences, and the men I meet on their site. `~rolls eyes~ As if wild horses could keep me from doing it!

Prior to breaking my neck (yes, I mean that literally!!) I set up my profile and I asked bloggers to get involved and possibly pick my dates. Let me tell you how it works. For those who have not been to Match.com, they have options of "winking", IM (instant message) e-mail, and calling ( on the phone) when you want to let the "match" know if you are interested or not.


Let me just say, I have been winking away at many potential men!!! I have received several, "other opportunities" replies, which is the man’s way of saying, the "thank you but, no thank you” rejection.
I really like the IM, hey, can you blame me for wanting what I call the “drive thru” dating approach? So I IM this one and we start chatting. He asks me to switch over to another IM service and we continue chatting. During the conversation he asks me if I have a web cam. Um web cam? I do not have one but he said no problem. I accept the invite and what should appear on the screen?

~wait for it~

Wait for it...

YEP!!!


His “little” fella…then he types “do you see me?”

*GASPS*


Oh I see YOU alright!


Bloggers it was like the train wreck you can’t look away from!
I looked on in horror as he played with it, with one hand and typed with what must have been his other.


~shakes head~


Seriously??? *sigh*


I finally snapped out of it and told him that I am not, repeat Not interested in his “little “ fella. Meanwhile, I am just “winking” away at all the eligible bachelors in the Match.com’s database.

Anyone else have a similar experience w/ the IM's???

13 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Anonymous said...

New to your blog...

I'm on match...
As a guy, I keep getting matched up with random fashion students who send me the same 400+ word via FasTrack with multiple (and identical) typos.

Was in the hospital for 4 weeks myself last year. It was actually hard to sleep more than 4 hours without waking up expecting to ge prodded in some way.

Best wishes on the recovery.
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

For the freaking love?? Why? Why??

This is exactly why I disabled IM. I don't want to see that nonsense.

Jim McKee said...

I had a 15-year-old girl in Africa tell me she wanted to "sex me up". That made me queasy.

snowelf said...

Hey Superstar!

I LOVED Hammer's comment!! hehe!
I luckily haven't, but one of my friends did. Ew. I just find that so totally disgusting on so many levels.

Congrats on your gorgeous new car!! Did you name it yet??

--snow

Just telling it like it is said...

Hey suga,
OMGosh I can't believe you broke your neck!! Well I am glad to know that you are Okay!!!
Sheesh Men! They are capible of way to many things!!!
No worries there are good men out there...
I met Engineer guy on Match...
It just takes time..
I have been sent pictures that I thought I would only see in dirty magazines...
Was that a bad or good thing..
It was a funny thing that I sent to all of my friends..
Hey I was spreding the love!! Take care sugar and good luck I think I would do match again if I were single...
Hey anything is possible

Christina said...

Can't wait till you blog about that one on the match site....ick!

Los said...

My god - he was playing with himself????? How frightening! I never did the online dating services - luckily, I found my wife ... although, I definitely would've done it.

Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

It's not me. I swear.

LOL.

Anonymous said...

Totally report him to Match. Also, I concur with Catherinette... disable those IMs. That will eliminate 75% of the freaks up front. (Trust me, the majority are too lazy to write the email. Inexplicable, but true.)

Effortlessly Average said...

Geez. You could have so had fun with that. When he asked if I could see him, I'd have responded:

"Um, sorry. No... maybe it's too small."

Mike said...

Oh you fell for the oldest trick in the book. Never webcam or accept "more" pictures from a guy. It's a little fella picture waiting to happen.

Anonymous said...

OMG. Yuck. That's all I have to say.

Superstar said...

~hangs head down~
Im a gulible dork
*deep sigh*
great!

Anyone know anyone??? hehehehehe