BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Pray for Peace


The plane turned right and sped down the runway. My sister and I took deep breaths in and out. The call came in earlier Monday afternoon.
"You need to come right away, we don't have much time." The words filled my eyes with tears. I left my students in the classroom and shrunk into the corner of my principals' office door. I had told him that morning what was going on. Mom was in the hospice house and the prognosis was not good.
I sit here by her side, holding her hand. Reminded of just how precious life is. I feel guilt of wanting her to be pain free and pass. I feel the guilt of rolling my eyes when, just a month ago she was calling my Doctors worrying about me....ME!
I can only ask that God will take her in peace and quickly. Please God, she has suffered enough. The other part of me, as a daughter, is I don't want to loose my Mother. Why is a woman who taught me so much being taken from our world? Is it wrong to be mad? I feel robbed of so much, yet I marvel at modern medicine and the fact she was able to see both of her grandbabies brought into this world.
I ask only for prayers and thoughts. If you feel a need to do more, We are asking for donations to the Hospice House of Spokane. If you want to make a donation, please email me and I will send you the information. Right now, I am going to hold her hand and listen for every last breath.
UPDATE
Mom passed away Tuesday afternoon. She went peacfully and fought with every last breath. I thank God for the morphine and that she is finally not in pain. Despite all that she went through, she touched every life. She gave of herself even to the end. *sigh*
The memorial services are Saturday at 3pm.
Thank you for all the emails and support for our families time of need.
*sniff*

14 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Mike said...

Very sad to hear it. It's very hard watching a parent deterioate.

Los said...

Hang in there Superstar ... I know it's tough to see it this way, but your mom will be in a better place, and she'll ALWAYS be with you.

snowelf said...

Oh, girly, I am so sorry. I'll talk to you soon. Until then, HUGS!!

love you,
--snow

WanderingGirl said...

Peace to you and your family.

Jen said...

Praying for you, your sis, those grandkids! Instead of being mad at god, try to look to him for a little comfort and guidance.
SEnding you a HUGE virtual hug!!

Christina said...

My heart and prayers are with you at this time.

Superstar said...

Thank you ALL for your love and support. I find comfort in all the little things.

I also am neck deep in the amount of stuff that is left behind...My sister and I are finding many treasures...I can talk about that later.

*smooches*

Anonymous said...

Bambi, I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. I know there are no words of comfort that anyone can give you right now. Just know that there are people out here thinking about you.

minijonb said...

sending you my condolences and a bunch of cyberhugs.

Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

Boohoo... now we have a common date to remember :(

Hugs

Just telling it like it is said...

Tearfully I say that I am sooo sorry...
When someone you love so much is no longer with us their is just nothing you can say to the family to make them feel better...
My thoughts and prayers with you suga...

The Egg said...

Many blessings to you and your family. God I have to spend more time with my mom:( Thanks for the inspiring words

Anonymous said...

Hugs.

Just telling it like it is said...

WOW, THAT WAS INTERESTING BUT GOOD BUT I AMS GOOD THAT YOU HAVE GOD RELATION w0od with youur moyher..very importatant!