So in the middle of all this craziness we call, life, I had myself 2 dates!!!
Here is the run down. #1 is from Pittsburg PA and told me that he would only be in town for a weekend. He was looking for some "fun" away from his family drama while here in PHX on vaca. So we will call him Pitt Man. LOL
#2 I met on E-harmony, they had a free weekend and I havent been over to that site for awhile and figured why not! So, we will call him PhxMan.
OK As for Match.com...well, I have made the upgrades advised. I haven't had a chance to change out my pics, as suggested, but I did start sending e-mails, rather than winking. No new fishes there.
OK
ON to the dates!
PittMan and I have been talking and e-mailing since the end of April. He had an ad on Craigslist. ~puts hand up~ I know what you are all thinking....CL!!! OMG what porn have I got myself into? But NO...Not like that.
For starters he had fully clothed pics and he was genuiene about his post. Ladies you know the ones. You just get a gut feeling that he is what he says on paper? Ok well, I got that feeling and I sent a quirky "tour guide bambi" e-mail.
Anyway, he was super supportive with all my Mom drama and for that he should get a metal!!! We met at one of the bars that I work in, to meet in persona and then, on to dinner. He was hungry and I suggested Sushi. He agreed and we went to my favorite place, Fresh Washabi. I ordered, which I normally don't do on a date, but I took control of the ordering and PittMan was super impressed. The night was a great relief for him w/ his family drama and for me...I almost felt normal. By normal...someone who hasn't been been through the craziness of my last few months.
NOW, PHXMan....
Then last Wednesday, I met up with PhxMan. we met for dinner and thanks to the traffic...I was 15 min late. ERRRR I hate to be late. So, we met at a suggested place called "The Elephant Bar". I had no idea what to expect for food or even what to wear. So I grabbed something not super dressy and not super frumpy either...LOL. We got a table and the next three hours were a blurr!
Not the kind of blurr as in too much to drink, but the kind that you look at your watch and you can't beleive that it's been three hours of talking to each other!!!
We ended the date and he gave me a hug. It was the perfect end to a great date of fun and chating. The fun of "getting to know" someone new!
Sigh.
So there is a part of me that feels guilty for the "fun". Im still feeling so unstable with my emotions. I haven't been able to sing the way I used to, and that has been so frustrating. I guess my neck surgery was far more distruptive to my vocal abilities than I ever was advised. That is really hard for me! I have used singing as my therapy for years....and now, I cant even make the sound am used to when I sing. Who knew? *sigh*
So is it wrong that Im getting on with my life? Is it wrong that there is a part of me that is really happy?


9 Left me pearls of wisdom:
You got some emotions to work thru! I am glad you had an awesome time! Maybe you needed it to take your mind off things!
Can't wait to hear how it unfolds!
Superstar, I think you're mom wouldn't have it any other way ... she'd want you to be happy, right? Plus, she'll always be with you anyway ... go ahead, have fun!
Happy to hear dating life is going well for you.
I agree with the other comments. As far as pics, why not the one of you singing, with the Foster's sign lit up in the background? I love that one!
Jen: Oh I got hormonal issues...emotional...same thing right? hehehehe
Los: I agree. She would kick my azz if she thought I wasn't celbrating her life...b/c she was really that cool!
Mike: Thank you...I think it was you that suggested the pics? no? Anyway...I enjoyed your site too!
Jim: LOL as tho Im going to promo FOSTERS??? LOL I mean if they want to send me a free case for it..maybe...hehehehe...
Thank you for all your support! Your email was a true comfort! Hugs!
You could crop out the Foster's part... I will give it a go, and email it to ya.
Sometimes getting out can help with the tought time.
Jim: Thank you sugar!!! Got it! Ive never looked so fab!!!
Christina: LOL Yeah, I keep telling myself, that "life goes on!" and Mom would be pissed if I didn't...
Nice to see the guy from Pittsburgh was good... I may be a little on his side since I am from Pittsburgh. Since maybe he was there on vacation, did he go back home.. still single? You can be a match maker? Fix me up on a blind date.. ; ) Craigslist... a big no no, but good, funny reading on a boring night. Match.com is like a meat market and eharmony takes FOREVER... what is a girl to do? Get out some more.. it will help.. I know I have been there with my dad. Best of luck...
Post a Comment