BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Help!!


Bloggers, I need your help!!!
Please go to my profile and tell me...WHY am I such a reject? I have winked at nearly 100 people and only 5 have given me the "thank you but, no thank you" back.
Do I have a third eye on my forhead?
Do I have a hiddious face???
Am I *sigh* really that bad???
~shakes head~
What can I change? What am I doing wrong???
MsBambi513 is my profile.
I beg y'all...help!!! I need to date! I need food to blog about! *giggles* Please tell me there is "normal" men out there who don't want to show me their winkies on webcams!!!!

9 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Mike said...

Okay I looked and I will give you the following advice as a guy:

Lose fast all the bad stuff at the begining of your profile. It screams drama. I would be like I don't even no her and I'm already neck deep in drama. Next!

Lose the picture of you and a guy. No guy wants to see you with another guy.

Expand a little more with your good characteristics in story format instead of just saying.

Lastly "sushi" is spelled wrong.

Check my other blog to find out the really crappy profiles.

Anonymous said...

Quit winking and start writing actual emails where your personality can shine through. Winks reek of freebie users who will never write, or people who couldn't be bothered to take the time. Plus, it doesn't let the men see how fabulous you are. Send them messages. Your odds will improve.

Do not however send a form email to each man. Write something personal that says you took the time to read their profile and have genuine interest.

And this is extremely picky of me, but in the third paragraph, change "loose" to "lose".

You are fabulous missy. I know there are men out there just dying to date you!

Los said...

I'm still giggling about the webcam winky - that sounds like a band name, doesn't it?

I agree with onedatewonder - I think you need to do more than wink ... of course, I'm not familiar with match (or any of the online dating services).

snowelf said...

I agree with onedatewonder... I'll tell you, when I was on match.com, I didn't answer anyone who didn't send me an email--which is me being picky and untrusting. A quality guy is going to feel the same way. But of course, we won't get the fun of hearing "litle guy" stories. ;)
Can you by chance email me your profile? I couldn't figure out how to get to it.

You are fabulous. :)

--snow

Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

Girl, you are stressing yourself! LOL!

Anyway, Happy Momsies' Day!

Effortlessly Average said...

Well... I don't think you're that far off base. Maybe the problem is in your approach. First, I'd get some pictures of just you. Never use the cropped picture of you and someone else you've tried to cut out. Take some more if you have to, but get some of just you doing the things you like. And right, you misspelled sushi, hon. lol

I'd highlight your attributes. Don't just mention your singing as a sidebar item, talk about it in your profile!

Talk about you philanthropy; you're aspirations; your passion for love, friends, and the life to enjoy them all. Describe what character you'd be from a book and why. Oh, and this is just a personal pref, but never mention that you're "not superficial." It's kind of like someone saying "I'm not racist" just before they tell a racist joke or make a racist comment.

I wouldn't even mention that you HAVE problems, much less mention that you don't want someone to fix them. Let them get to know who you are and see all the great things you should see in yourself. And I don't care what anyone says, you're not writing a resume here, so dump comments like "can adapt to any situation."

Relationships are supposed to be fun, friendly, and yes, hopefully passionate (eventually).

Just be yourself and have fun with it. Perhaps change your profile from time to time, taking different approaches, and see what works!

Flash said...

Yeah, the wink is overrated...Don't go by it.

After I looked at your profile, Mike has the right points.

Also realize that the people on Match.com don't know how freaking awesome you are like we do.

minijonb said...

it takes a lot of work to connect on match. don't give up. take everyone's advice. especially the part about no winking and just sending emails!

Superstar said...

Thank you ALL!!! I will get to work on the suggestions...Just as soon as I get back.