BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A quick post



While I was on spring break, the school I work at got a piano. The piano was a "free" donation to the school and when I looked in the old spinnet, I soon discovered why. All the dampers were jacked up. *sigh*

I had to call a piano repair person. I reach a man who according to "Google" was in the neighborhood and had been in business several years. I called to make an appointment for John to visit our fair school and give us a repair estimate.

I drove in to the school on my day off just to meet John and get his estimate. When he was not there at the appointment time, I called to see if he was delayed so that I could get on about my day. Here is the conversation that followed.

John:Hello?

Me: Yes, John?

John: BAMBI!!! I just left you a message! So where and when do you want to meet for coffee?

Me: UUUUUGGGGHHHH I think you might have me confused with another by the name of Bambi.

This is Bambi about the piano estimate. Our appointment was for 11am. I just wanted to confirm that you will still be doing that today?

John: (slightly frustrated) OHHHH sorry, well, then when are we going to meet?

Me: John I was really hoping to get this estimate for our school piano, to see if it can be repaired in time for spring term. What time would you like to reschedule for?

John: So, coffee is out of the question huh?

Me: (Really perturbed) Listen if you want to bring coffee while you do your estimate, that would be great, but seriously, I am really only looking for a piano estimate. *chuckles*

John: Oh, well I am really sorry, listen, I am at this move and I won't be able to make it in time. I will have to call you back to reschedule.

Me: Great. (As I am already searching google for another repair person.) I will give you a call then. Thanks. ~rolls eyes~

So bloggers, is piano repair a new code for picking up the ladies??? ~shakes head~

6 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Mike said...

Hey a new day a new way to pick up people. You can't say it's been done before.

Los said...

Some guys are super desperate - I'm guessing this piano guy wanted to help you with your ... ahem ... keys.

Superstar said...

Los: I was thinking, "HMMM maybe he is trying to pull a few strings??"...LOL I heart your witty puns.

Mike: So you are going to try this? LOL??? I expect a full report on how that worked out for you!!

Jen said...

You can send the piano repairman to MY House! lol

Heff said...

Who IS this "Mama Kat" person ?!?

Barry O said...

If you want, I can send some Secret services guys to pay him a "vistt"...