BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Why I am always right...





Momma Kat has challenged us this week and I have selected, "Are you always right?"...


HMMMMM Funny you should ask...I have a gift, I have the ability to always be right. I honestly don't know how I came to be correct all the time. Maybe it was all that studying? I think that maybe it could be the good head on my shoulders? At any rate I was trying to think of a time I was right. *giggles* Yes, shocking that when you are right ALL the time, that you simply can not think of a good example.

~several hours later~

Ah yes, I remembered this cute story from when I was in college. Yes, my sarcasm and wit was as sharp as a tack, for a "young whipper snapper" that I was...*ahem* I mean, still am...

It was the fall term at WSU. I was still so full of the idea that I would be saving the world. I also was "busy" taking those pesky "required" elective credits. One of them was titled "Chicano studies". It just so happened that this was a M, W, F, class and it took place a 3-4pm. It also happened to be the term that my gastrointestinal issues decided to raise it's ugly head. I was in and out of the "student death" clinic almost twice a week so that they could diagnosis my situation.

For those of you who have had stomach problems or Ulcers, you know what the 3pm hour means. Physical exhaustion, stomach spasms and often the nausea. I quickly became acquainted with my professor's TA and would get the notes from class, so that I didn't fall behind from missing classes. Shockingly it was also the year that my professor ALSO had some kind of medical issues and cancelled classes a lot. A bit of irony was that they happened to be many of the same days that I simply HAD to cut class to rest.

One of the many deal breakers for this professor, was that we all had to be in class on the Friday before the Thanksgiving break. He put on the syllabus that it was worth 10% of our FINAL grade. He mumbled something about kids always trying to ditch classes on that day and we all joked that he must get a kick back from the airline's or bus companies to hold so many of us till that 5pm hour!

Fast forward to that Friday. I had never seen so many people in the class! Mr. P. started taking attendance by calling out names on his roster. When he called out my name, I said "HERE" all loud and proud. He just then glanced up at me and said, "Well, now NICE of you to join us today!". without missing a beat I snapped back, "Hey, I am here as much as you are!". You could have heard a pin drop! The people sitting next to me were wishing that they weren't and even acting as though they had never seen me before.

Finally Mr. P. let out this roaring belly laugh. Then everyone else in the class was nervously laughing too. He then followed my comment up with, "You know, I like you! That was funny!" He then nodded his head back and forth and admitted his own cancelling of class.

He gave me an A- in the class. See, evidence that I always am always right! What about y'all?? Anyone else?

4 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Christine said...

I also have the gift to be right all the time!!! If you don't believe it, just ask me!

Anonymous said...

Hi- just stopping by to say hi. I am a first time participant. Check out my non profit website
www.parenthoodforme.org
We need help spreading the word

snowelf said...

That story is fantastic!! I love that! Proof you are always right! :)

And what was up with that freaky piano guy?! That was just weird!!

--snow

Gimme a sign said...

I am always right, too. I'm married, you see, and I always disagree with my husband. That automatically makes me right and him wrong. Period. No evidence needed. It's just one of those self-evident facts. Because I say so.