1. Public Restrooms: The act of using them, never mind the idea that something might come up and bite my a$$ while Im sitting there....so very vunerable. *shivers*
2. Enochlophobia- Fear of crowds. It's not the crowds so much as the fear that something might happen, like a bomb...Then there is the fear of the masses all walking toward me at the same time...*shivers* Yes, this is WHY I hate shopping at the mall.
3. Coulrophobia- Fear of clowns: I know many who HATE clowns. The idea that they can come to life on the shelf and TALK. That is just soooooo very wrong. The Stephen King novel, "It" didn't help either.
4. Isolophobia- Fear of solitude, being alone. As much as I LOVE being alone and having alone time, The idea that I might be truely alone and NO one around me.
5. Scotomaphobia- Fear of blindness in visual field. I have been losing my eye sight, since I was in the first grade. At one point in my life, I actually started learning Braille. I do enjoy the practice at the drive thru bank! LOL...
6. Verminophobia- Fear of germs. I hate shaking hands. I can't help but think about the question, "what did they touch before they wanted to shake my hand?". LOL I mean were they wipe thier a$$es, or did they wash thier hands? *shivers* Gawd, worse, did they even use TP or did they use thier hands??? hehehehe...like in Saudi Arabia. ~looks for anibacterial hand wash~
7. Aichmophobia- Fear of needles or pointed objects. I HATE them... I swear I follow a diabetic diet, just so I will NEVER EVER have to face the idea that I would have to use needles to keep my blood sugar in check. My recent hospital stay did not help...LOL then again, I did alot of "pretend" it's not really there...That and I didn't have to do it myself. Still....don't like them.
8. Atychiphobia- Fear of failure. I fear this so much that often, I won't start something. Including relationships, and letting people in my life.
9. The fear of letting people really know me. Who is the real me? What if they only like the idea of me? What if the real me scares people off? What if I am a sick and twisted mangled piece of wreckage? ~shakes head~ *evil laugh* Just kidding....Im not a sociopath or anything.
10. Being watched. I sometimes think, that someone is watching me. which is why I sleep with a night light. I hate shadows. The fear of what might be in the dark. ~rolls eyes~ Don't make fun of me. I hear you all laughing...but really, see my fear of blindness...LOL.
OK, now, you need to go to Mama's loosin' it, and read all the prompts. You are next!


9 Left me pearls of wisdom:
OH, I hate hate public bathrooms too.. Ugh.
Oh, and clowns. Freaky..
I am a total verminophobe..although I never knew that was the name for it. :)
I carry (on me, in my car, purse, work-- you name it) all types of hand sanitizers, wipes & anything else you can think of to fight thise nasty, nsaty germs!! he-he
ha ha - FANTASTIC!!!!!
This is an awesome list!
I sleep with a night light, too - I just hate the dark. It feels like I don't have control of my surroundings if I can't see them. If someone were watching you, wouldn't a night light make it easier to see you? I'm kidding! Sorry, bad joke.
I hate spiders. That's about it for me.
I was afraid of ventriliquist dummies when I was a kid ... a couple my parents were friends with had one of these in their upstairs hallway - it had scary eyes and I swore it followed me.
Your Number 9 is HUGE for me.
Huge.
Mama's got some great assignments! I love reading everyone's take on them! :)
--snow
Super E-mail me I am in town this week...would like to meet up sometime this week...
Amie
I love how you listed the actual name of the fear. I'd like to diagnose myself with a few as well.:)
Post a Comment