BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Broken



It's no secret that I have had a lot going on this past year. I mean, my dog had to be put down, my apartment was burglarized, I broke my neck in a car accident and my Mom passed away. Hell, if that isn't the makings of a country song, I don't know what is.

I do think that I had to experience all that to truely appreciate what I DO have and the people in my life. PHXman, came into my life at such a crazy time. I mean, there are times that it is really surreal to me. *sigh* There are days that I just don't even want to get out of bed. There are others that I am so busy, with the needs of others, I feel selfish for even feeling sorry for my self at all. I think, shame on me. I think, look at all you DO have, shame, shame, shame on you! ~wags finger at self in the mirror~

I have experienced some real heart break in my life, but none has compared to the loss of my mother. My frustrations when she was sick, the fun times growing up, the laughing and yes the tears. I have also suffered great disappointments in both my self and others. I trusted. I believed. I gave so much of myself along the way, Im not sure if I have any more left, and then I find a spark. Yes, something has grown over or back. Then, I opened myself up to sharing a life, the ideas and the hopes that a couple brings to the table we all call a relationship.

Why am I rambling on about this? Well, PHXman has said the magic "I love you". My heart fluttered, and mind is racing. WHY can't I say it back? It is my love to give to whom I want to. What is WRONG with me. I know I care so deeply, that the thought of not having him in my life would be more than I could bare. Isn't that LOVE? I think it is. Yet, I feel so broken and out of touch with my emotional well being that I am afraid to allow myself to "go there". My gosh, we are going to move in together. That is HUGE for me. I am allowing to give up a part of my self reliance and space....I am about to enter....*cue twighlight music* the couple zone. I just can't say it until I am beyond sure. ~smacks head~ I don't want to just say the words to say it...you know for the sake of saying it...

Then there are days that I am so happy. Then there are times, that I honestly am not sure, that I deserve this happiness. (isn't that sick?) There are days that I just don't want to be touched, or talk about what is on my mind. I afraid that even now, that PhxMan will read this, that he will want to try and comfort me. That is what good boyfriends do. What am I saying? Hell, that is what GREAT boyfriends do. After all is said here, I worry that with all that has happened in my life, that I found someone who wants to take care of me. What is wrong with that? Well, what happens when I am not as needy. Women can be moody. and we have our less than perfect moments. I just don't want to lose myself, my self reliance, my singleness, all because I want to share my life. Is it even possible to do that and be a couple?

Am I so broken that my only idea of a relationship that may work, is one that is dysfunctional? I love that he wants to help me. I love that he wants to spend time with me, I love that he listens to me. What about when I don't need him to listen as much? What about when I don't need so much support emotionally? Will he feel that there is something missing? There are times, that he will ask me if there is anything wrong. Here is what I have to say...

*sigh*

Yeah, but it has nothing to do with us or you. I care about you more than you could ever imagine. You have become SO important to me, that I don't want to lose your friendship, trust or love. So, when I tell you nothing and smile, let it go. Know that I will talk to you about it when I am ready...but understand that I may NEVER want to. You have to know and trust that I will always do what is best for both of us.

So, my faithful bloggers, does anyone else have this transition with adapting to couple life after being single, or am I the only one? Someone please tell me that I am having "normal" thoughts for someone that has been through or maybe, you just wanna tell me I need a padded room and a white straight jacket?? Thoughts???

7 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Christina said...

First of all, I am sending you hugs.

After all that you have been through and especially the rough patch, you sound like you have to find the love in yourself.

It is okay to feel that the tiny pieces of your heart have not been fixed yet.

My advise, is to tell PHX man how you feel, that you want to continue going forward but you can't at this time say those three words. It sounds like you are starting to feel it but if you say the words then it is real.

I know how hard it is to trust somebody with your heart. But sometimes if you don't give it to them you close yourself off to a world of possibility and wonder.

Mike said...

Hey Deja vu. First congrats. Second this weekend my gf talked to me about the "I love you". I say it openly while she has said it twice. She asked if she was broken. I asked what happened along the way and she really didn't have an answer. She lost her dad not to long ago and I think has something to do with it. However I told her I feel her love for me with everything she does for me so I don't miss it. Hope that helped.

Los said...

Superstar, you aren't broken ... you have just been overloaded emotionally ... you probably built up some big emotional walls to help protect you, and it's just taking some time to take the walls down ... it'll happen. Be patient.

buffalodick said...

Haven't checked in lately.. sorry. Sounds like thinks have been pretty heavy for you- and I am sorry.. No advice, just support.. Your Bud, The Buf.

Art_Fulldodger said...

I too have been absent. No excuse just not in the blog mood of late.

Man, the three words most guys dread saying and he did it first and not just during a good BJ :)

Wait all BJ's are good....

:)

Sorry to hear about your Mom.

Angie said...

Your not broken your dealing with everything around you at once... I wish I could give you the advice that would mend yoru heart but I can't all I can do is listen

Melissa said...

Geez, you have gone through ALOT!!! You are not broken....maybe a little "cracked" :), as i think we all go through "cracks" on our journey to be whole!!
Good luck on your "cracks" and new adventures in LOVE!!

BTW- Love the pic of you and PHXman