BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 11, 2008

unsavible...


What do you do with a kid who is so angry, that she wants to cause harm to herself and others? In a school and as a teacher, we call the police.
OHHHHH bloggers, just when I think that life is all bueno...then I have a kid. Who is soooooooooo broken, that something as simple as taking the sharpies away, makes them break.
Broken.
Broken to the point that my heart aches.
I guess I can't save everyone.
~shakes head~
I just wonder what happened to this girl in the last 11 years, that make her SO angry that she wants to take her own life???
*sigh*
Any advice?

8 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Christina_the_wench said...

Wow. I can't even imagine. All you can do is get her professional help and listen and watch. *hugs*

Los said...

My older brother took his life about 15 years ago ... there aren't many days that go by where I think the same thing.

Angie said...

Hard to say... Now a days it is everything and anything that sets kids off. Is it tha today's generation of parents or lack of created a generation of kids that think everything must be given and done for them? Parents want to be the friend and please.. we , teachers get the role of being the bad guy when in fact we care the most! Hang in there...

WanderingGirl said...

You did the best thing you could, and that was make her safe. Hopefully she will get the help she needs to come to terms with whatever has caused her to feel like this. Maybe something bad happened, maybe she's got a psychiatric disorder. Either way, you kept her safe, and the rest of the kids safe, and that's all you can do.

Just telling it like it is said...

Awe that just kills me...Your kind words can do so much and I know that you are doing your best....take care suga

none said...

At 11? I wonder id CPS needs to be called?

snowelf said...

I don't like to talk about it, but in high school, I was this girl. It doesn't take much when it gets that bad. My parents however, were awesome and got me a lot of professional help and I eventually healed.

I hope that she can get some help. I look back at myself and I don't even recognize that girl now. I can't even fathom feeling that bad ever again, but I definitely have not forgotten.

--snow

Holy Crappers said...

It's post like this that make me think how lucky I am and also how lucky my children are.
Good luck with that child !!

#1