1. I put Mom to rest in her grave/headstone up in Spokane last weekend. Most families have one service. Apparently, ours needs at least two. This was a most recent choice, shortly before she passed. She had always told my sister and I that she wanted her ashes spread in Hawaii. HMMMM I wonder if she would be pissed to know that not only is that not something that is going to happen, but that her BEST friend (AKA the same one that dropped F bombs at her memorial service) is planing on taking her and her 2nd husband to Cannon Beach on the Oregon coast instead? I can only hope there is a special place in in hell for her and her minons...grrrrrrr.....
2. I'm wondering if loosing a parent is something that you ever really get over. I can't help but wonder if she had a "bucket list" of things to do...and if she did anything she really wanted to?
3. I'm wondering if I told her I loved her enough...Im wondering if there is such a thing.
4. I'm stuck on not wanting to be like her, and yet, everyday I look in the mirror and see her staring back at me. ~rolls eyes~ I really am trying to keep the good, kick a$$ qualities. *knocks on wood*
5. If you ever see the movie 2 weeks, with Sally Fields...that is too close to how I remember my own mothers' last hours...should have never watched it...*sigh*
6. I'm really trying to get back into the blogging. I just need time. Forgive my break. I thank all of you for your loyality. I will be back soon.
Smooches
Ms. Bambi


7 Left me pearls of wisdom:
Hey - take as much time as you need, Superstar. We'll always be here for you.
I think you'll get over your mom's death ... as long as you realize that getting over is not the same as forgetting.
Wow. I've been away too long. Take care of yourself right now. Don't worry about readers!
In time things will get easier, and the memory will still be there in your heart. Its has been 15 years since my dad passed ( I was 23 years old) and there are days I miss him but I know he is with me and probably laughing with my grandparents and saying watch this... bam... she is sweating it out again...
like everything else things take time to heal...think good thoughts and do not let the what if's get you...
Yeah it takes time. My GF lost her dad 2 years ago and it's still pretyy fresh for her.
Yeah it takes time. My GF lost her dad 2 years ago and it's still pretyy fresh for her.
We'll still be here. Take care of yourself.
Perhaps we never get over it, but we simply find a way to go on living and loving and moving and growing in spite of it...
J/ (Goteeman.blogspot.com)
Post a Comment