BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 18, 2010

My father's quirks....

I have been on sabatical...but here is my homework Momma Kat:
My Dad is for SURE the #1 Dad in America. That being said, he also came with his set of idiosyncrasies....
1. Ever payday (This used to be every Friday) he would go to the bank, with his check in hand, wait for a teller and physically see her count out the monies. When I suggested he could save time using the "direct deposit" method...he laughed and said. "Not a chance in H-E-double hockey sticks, I want to see all of it...sometimes just to see if the hot blond behind the counter can count that high." He would then pause for dramatic effect, look around and then start laughing again. ***He still doesn't do the direct deposit transactions***
2. Collects bargains. I am sure I come by the whole clipping coupons from my Father on this. He will pick of any item that is used when it's on sale. Then he stores it on an "inventory shelf" in the basement. Bottom line, is that I hope if a bomb goes off and I need a bomb shelter, I hope I am close enough to his house. The man has 7 tubes of toothpaste....
3. Checks. What can I say, it's like the direct deposit idea? He still writes out checks to pay bills. I was asking him if he and his wife had set up the bill pay on line, and he looked at me as if my face had just grown another eye! "Why would I do that?" he says. "The check writing works just fine". ~folds arms~
4. Flannel shirts. SWEAR to GAWD people, he even wears them in summer. He and his wife came to AZ in the mid March time. The weather was unseasonably high 80-90's. He is sitting in the outside dinning area in a long sleeve flannel. ~shakes head~ Really? Seriously!!!!
5. Iron: Who in this day and age irons their underware? Oh that would be my Dad. He irons everything. If it looks like a wrinkle...it gets the iron. He irons his jeans, pillow cases (I get that more than the under ware), shirts, sheets, and even socks! I think he just likes to iron...


The best thing about my Dad is how he hugs. He has always made everything better. His hug could take away the bumps and bruises of learning to ride a bike, better than any bactine spray. How about the rest of you????

0 Left me pearls of wisdom: